Anyone here who doesn't use social media? (Or not often)

I used to go on Tumblr but that was a couple years ago. I don't use it at all now.
Sometimes I look at Reddit (does it count?), but I don't have an account there.
If Youtube counts, I guess I use that a lot?

But other than that, I don't really use social media. I'm more interested in websites that are games or have interesting information on games (Unused content, etc.). But why am I here on this forum? Because a friend got me to join.

I never had any social media until shortly before getting married. I only made a facebook to keep in touch with relatives especially since some are overseas on my husband's side.

I only have twitter to be able to upload acnh photos back when you only had the option to do it via social media options.
I don't use insta/tiktok/etc and I would say I relatively limit what I post when it comes to FB.

On one hand, I like my digital privacy to an extent so I don't regret not being active much with social media. On the other hand, I do feel like how social media has kind of taken over in society has impacted how friendships/relationships are tended to as a whole...and sometimes being less active with social media does feel like it affects friendships which is meh if you find social media tiresome.

Tbh the only social media I find myself using regularly is TBT. I'll occasionally roam around twitter, Discord, and Reddit, but not as much as I used to.

I hardly use social media, I don't really post anything on Snapchat or Instagram. I only really use Discord to talk to one friend at the moment who I don't really talk to that much.

I only have instagram, and follow like 60 people (20 are familie, 30 old friends from school who rarely post and 10 good friends). I check it maybe 5 times a week?
I use twitter for AC screenshots and sometimes to look for dreamcodes.

I really don't like social media. It gives me to much info and pressure, and makes me feel like I should always be reachable. But also that I should always be able to reach out to others.

I just don't like the pressure i guess

I quit using Facebook years ago and now only use my acc for occasionally messaging friends on the separate app.
I lurk on Reddit and Tumblr but I don't actively post anything on my accounts. Other than those two sites, I don't use social media. I never got a Twitter and my old Instagram's been inactive since like 2015.

I've been meaning to actually start using social media again once I get my new phone though,,,I feel like it might encourage me to be more active/motivated if I have an Instagram account to keep updated since I know how superficial I am as a person. So soon I might be making a new FB account, Instagram account, TikTok, spotify, and Twitter 😬

The only social media I use is tumblr, but I dont use it for any "social" aspects. I keep a page with photos that I save from around the site that are calming to me. Then when I'm especially stressed out, I'll go and browse through my page while listening to relaxing music. I call it image therapy and love how well it works for me.

I have a Facebook account but haven't posted in over a year. I use discord to chat with friends but that's it. I never even got into the other things like instagram or Twitter. I think I'm happier this way ^_^

I quit social media last year because I was doxxed. With the negative effects it has on people’s brains I’m glad I left. There were so many hours where I’d just mindlessly scroll through vapid content. I never initiated conversations and let the toxicity of those sites worsen my anxiety.

Now I only use forums and Discord. The smaller communities are considerably easier to talk in. People aren’t as likely to start arguments or make offensive statements.

I don't really use social media much anymore, I have facebook that I check occasionally but mostly just use the messenger feature to keep in contact with people (friends/family who live far away). I barely use things like tumblr, twitter, or instagram anymore and honestly kind of find them boring now unless I'm super bored and just want to mindlessly scroll through things I have a mild interest in. my fiance doesn't use any social media and hasn't had facebook for over a year now which means he uses mine if he ever needs to contact family or anything like that

Not a big fan of social media. I use Tumblr, but not very often.
But if Youtube counts, I use it quite a bit, but even then it's not as much as I used to a year ago (still use it a lot though).
Also I use tbt a lot if that counts.

i don't really use the social part of social media. i follow less than 20 people on instagram and my own posts are of my cat and my cat only. i have like 8 friends on facebook and don't use twitter... i do use tumblr pretty often but it's mostly for posting animal crossing content, not anything personal. i don't like putting myself out there on social media. i like to make it as not social as possible tbh

YouTube and Facebook are the two main "big" social media accounts I use.

I avoid Twitter like the plague, lol.

I use a few platforms of social media including instagram and I find that they can be pretty useful as sources of inspiration but also during the current circumstances, it's a great way to stay in touch with local businesses and artists. Social media was awful during high school, issues like the jealousy mentioned, finding out when you haven't been invited to things etc but that is to be expected. After high school none of these are really issues for me so I have no issue with social media.

I really don't like it and don't use it much at all. I used to have to use instagram to promote my previous business and it stressed me out.
I also learned about how other businesses run their social media and it rubbed me the wrong way. I feel like a large portion of things on instagram are fake. Even the majority of people who make posts about being "authentic" about their lives just have motives to benefit themselves. With Facebook, things are pretty much dead or someone is ranting about something and being negative. I pop in once in a while to post something positive then dip lol. There's too much negativity on social media so I like to pop in with some positivity but a lot of the time it's unappreciated since people just want to rant and be negative. Twitter I only use to see some AC news and even then there's just so much toxicity I can't stay on for long. I used tumblr years back but I haven't visited in a really long time and have no reason to.

I don't use social media in the traditional sense. I don't post, or even follow people I know in real life. I use them more like entertainment news??? I follow celebs, artists I like or people I find funny and I get to see what they're up to or new art. I rarely post comments either. I'm just there as a passive observant.

I don’t use social media currently! Back when I was active on it i used to use it more because of work purposes but now I tend to steer clear of it. It’s mostly full of lonely or super social people and I’m neither of those haha.

Last edited:
I deleted my FB account almost 8 years ago, and I don't miss it at all. I have an Instagram account, but have never posted. I really only got it so I could follow Leslie Jordan, since he always makes me smile. Twitter is something I pop in on, now and then. Lately it's been nuts, but I curate my feed, so I try to keep a lot of the crazy at bay. Same goes with Tumblr. My feed there is a lot of cats, ocean animals, AC, dolls, and nature.

Back