• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you a night owl or a morning bird?

Are you a night owl or a morning bird?

• Total voters
Like OP, early bird except in summer ?
Like most of the time I go to sleep before 8pm and wake up at 7am but for some reason in summer I like to stay up until 4am because the night is just soothing.

I'm not really either, I just struggle with the transition from day to night and vice versa. I can wake up early no problem if I slept early, I can if I have to but sometimes I don't feel like it. But I'm not not a morning person.

A night owl who desperately wants to be a morning bird because I like mornings so much more. I'm usually up late but I make sure I'm out of bed by 7. I feel absolutely horrible and like I wasted the entire day if I sleep in.

1000% a night owl. last night i was up until 4am playing minecraft and completing nook mile+ goals in animal crossing lmao. idk, there's just something so peaceful about the late night that you can't get during the daytime. maybe it's just that everyone else is sleeping? idk. but i'm for sure a night owl. i can't stand mornings.

I'm a night owl, I stay up pretty late and feel more motivated later, around midnight is when I can start getting everything done, I usually spend a few hours doing what I've been wanting to do all day, but had no motivation to do, then I go to sleep at 3 A.M. Even if I sleep earlier, waking up is horrible.

Morning bird. Not really by choice though. I never get more than one day off from work in a row. So I have to get up really early 2-4am and then I am always really tired to stay up too late even when I have off the next day. Then the day I have off I have to get to bed at a reasonable time for work the next day.

I used to try to deal with it and stay up late for some of my friends who were extreme night owls. They never wanted to hang until way late and then it just got to be too much. I always put aside a few days here or there for them, but it wasn't enough for them. Oh well, what can you do.

I guess I'd technically lean night owl, but by no means an all-nighter type, and I still try to always wake up at a single-digit "am hour".
I generally like going to bed around 1am and waking up at 8am on days I work and 9am on days I don't (I have to be at work by 10am Monday to Thursday). This gives me plenty of late night hours to let out my creative energy, while also allowing me to wake up early enough to where I won't be daylight deprived and where on weekends I can still catch breakfast at places that stop serving it by 11am.

I am very much a night owl I love the night I could stay up all night if I wanted but I have to go to work early in the morning so 12ish bedtime it is. I always thought as I got older that I would eventually become a morning person but no that never happened haha

Night owl. Not necessarily a late night owl though, as I'm usually asleep but 1-2am. I just can't stand mornings. I hate getting up early with a passion.

For some reason I picked morning bird by accident? Whatever, I'm actually more of a night owl. I have trouble waking up (but I'm sure everyone does) but I can stay up pretty late with ease. XD

Night owl. Work starts at 6:30 in the morning though, so I can’t stay up too late. I usually go to bed at around 12:30 to 1:00 at night. Later on the weekend.

I'm definitely an early bird! 🎶🐦

As long as it overlaps with a regular work day, I can mostly choose my hours, so I always start early in the morning. I leave home when it's still dark, and I regularly see actual owls when I leave my house.🦉 Sort of off-topic, but for a while I had an owl "living" in a tree next to my house, and hearing them hoot warms my heart. 🥺

I'm an early bird, sometimes I tend to wake up so early when I'm unable to fall back a sleep and I just jump into playing games and being on the computer up until 9:00 AM when I have to have breakfast.

I want to be an early bird because I like being able to get stuff done during the day, but my social life is better as a night owl as most of my friends and family stay up late or work late. I also work until midnight on days I do work

Ha! Imagine getting enough sleep to where you can identify as only one of these things.

Help.

Reactions: Neb
I’m a reluctant night owl. I love waking up in the mornings, but I end up sleeping in late instead. Every time I force myself to wake up early I rebound the next day by staying up late. It’s a pretty bad cycle to be honest.

I wish I could say I was more of a night owl, but I'm all morning. Kind of way too early in the morning due to work tbh. So when I have a day off (only one) I'm so worn out that I sleep a little too late and my schedule is all screwed up. It's really annoying, even an hour later for work would make so much of a difference.

Back