• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you a night owl or a morning bird?

Are you a night owl or a morning bird?

• Total voters
I was a chronic night owl my entire life until I permanently moved in with my husband. Now I am a morning bird (so long as I have enough sleep). Pros and cons to both lifestyles

I'm definitely a night owl. I don't stay up quite as late as I used to, but I still typically don't go to bed until after 12am-1am, and I'm not usually up until around 8am-9am. I like sunrises and everything, but I'm just really slow in the morning, eheh. I also like having a little time to wind down by myself after everyone's gone to bed.

I’m definitely a night owl. I’ve been working the overnight shift or late night shifts since graduating high school. I could never work any morning job.

I think I can be both, but arguably more of a morning bird. i've always been pretty good at going to bed at a reasonable time and then waking up 'early', mostly because it's been somehow drilled into me that waking up beyond a certain point of the morning is a waste of the day. however, I also really enjoy staying up later when everything is more quiet and peaceful so it just depends on whatever my current lifestyle fits around lol

I'm definitely a night owl and when I book time off from work I'm always excited at the prospect of not having to go to bed early and being able to get up a little later the next day. However I'm not someone who can stay up until the early hours of the morning or stay in bed until late afternoon, I still like to enjoy the whole day rather than just portions of it.

I can’t vote because I’m neither of these. I sleep and wake up whenever I feel like it.

I'm definitely more of a night owl and stay up well past midnight. I have never been a morning person ever in my life and have always hated having to wake up early for school (when I was in school) and work, lol

I use to be a morning bird in high school and really liked waking up early, but then I became a big night owl in college. Now that I am working I have to get up early and I am back to being a morning bird which is totally fine with me, but sometimes I miss being a night owl 🦉

My job kind of requires me to be an early bird, as my days start at seven. Even on Friday nights I conk out maybe an hour or two later than I would during the weekday (so ten or eleven o'clock instead of nine o'clock). I miss being able to pull all-nighters, but it's probably more healthy for me that I can't!

Night Owl for sure
Sometimes I wake up early if I fall asleep early, but usually I can't stay awake early mornings usually. I prefer night in general :>

I'm a night owl! My body naturally resets into being nocturnal if I don't keep it in check 😓

I used to be a night owl. It was only when I started having insomnia that it started to effect my circadian rhythm in a bad way. Oversleeping during the day or the lack of sleep when I woke up became issues. I started going to bed earlier and in the process I woke up earlier. Now I feel much better than before.

I naturally wake up between 6 am to 7 am pretty much every morning. I didn't used to be this way. Right out of high school I was the opposite. I was staying up until 3 am and waking up around noon. But that's just physically impossible for me now. I can't remember the last time I slept in past 8am.

So morning bird. But don't expect me to get up any earlier than the above, or I will be really grouchy. lol

I've always been a night owl. I always struggle to wake up in the mornings regardless of the amount of sleep I've gotten. A few years ago I even worked alternating 12 hour shifts. So either 7:30am - 7:30pm for the day shift or 7:30pm - 7:30am for the night shift. I always struggled so much more with the day shift. I'd always be sleepy on the job and taking naps during my breaks. Meanwhile during the night shift I was always wide awake and even took things to do during my breaks. I also slept better after a night shift even though it meant sleeping during the day from approx. 8:00am - 5:00pm

Back