• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you buying a Switch 2 when it comes out?

When will you buy the Switch 2?

• Yes, Day 1! Or at least the first week or two.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Never! I hate Nintendo "anything."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe after a few months.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • A year or more...?

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I can't afford something like that right now so there's honestly no way to tell when I will get it. I would prefer to get it around Christmas if I really want it but that depends on my family's budget. It was kinda bad last Christmas..

I just got a lite Switch, I'm not ready for that. Maybe I will get a Switch 2 when they will launch another new console.

i answered maybe a few months because it really depends on what titles it has at launch. my switch lite has terrible joycon drift, and i barely play it as a result, so that definitely sways me into getting the new console, but the library is the main draw -- i didn't get said switch lite until new horizons launched. it would most likely have to be a new animal crossing title that gets me to buy it. pokemon ZA could but it really depends on how good it looks (because scarvio was awful imo) and if it's exclusive to the new switch. price is also definitely a factor.

So far I’m the only day 1 voter?

It can be frustrating working out any bugs with the company when you pick up a system that early, but I can’t resist that Nintendo usually has at least 1 big first party game ready for launch.

Shockingly, I think this is the FIRST time I won't be getting a Nintendo system at launch since.... the Nintendo 64 (not including the current Switch). Too many reasons for me not to get it day one, including the price, my current Switch backlog, and I'm just generally not ready for another console. It definitely depends on when it's coming out, but for now I'm a more of a wait a couple months at least person.

Back