• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you buying a Switch 2 when it comes out?

When will you buy the Switch 2?

• Yes, Day 1! Or at least the first week or two.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Never! I hate Nintendo "anything."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe after a few months.

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • A year or more...?

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
Like I said in the other thread, I’ll try to get it pretty soon, hopefully within a few months or at least a few years of its release, especially if it’s backwards compatible. I think it’s definitely time for a change. I’m also really excited to see the new games. Whatever the new games are will probably have an effect on my decision.

i don’t think i’d get one on launch day, but that might change if i like any of the launch titles! i usually wait a few months or wait until something i really want to play gets teased/released.

If i am able to preorder fully at the time, I might consider it! That or when the next drop after selling out (flashbacks to the og switch release)

i answered maybe a few months because it really depends on what titles it has at launch. my switch lite has terrible joycon drift, and i barely play it as a result, so that definitely sways me into getting the new console, but the library is the main draw -- i didn't get said switch lite until new horizons launched. it would most likely have to be a new animal crossing title that gets me to buy it. pokemon ZA could but it really depends on how good it looks (because scarvio was awful imo) and if it's exclusive to the new switch. price is also definitely a factor.
If you tell Nintendo about the joycon drift they’ll replace it for free! The same thing happened to me

Personally and echoing what a few have said, I'm probably in the wait a few months crowd (maybe towards Xmas next year). It will depend on the launch titles, and if the leaks DO turn out to be true and the Switch 2 is backwards compatible.

For me, the logical answer would be to wait awhile. I have a big game backlog, I already own 2 switches (one launch and one lite), I always get jealous of the special editions that come out much later....

...But I know I won't be able to resist the hype. LAUNCH DAY BABYYYYYYYYY 🎆

No. But I do plan on getting it eventually (if I can afford it 🥲). I got my switch lite in 2020 when NH came out, and I had no intention of getting the switch at all until it had an animal crossing game. Sure I wanted one, but I couldn’t justify spending so much money on it. I don’t plan on getting the switch 2 until something releases on it that makes me really want it, and hopefully they’ll do something like a lite version because I just want it to be affordable. Basically it depends on when they release the next AC game.

I'm really hesitant to buy it at launch tbh. It pretty much entirely depends on what games they release with it, how much it costs and just how similar it is to the first switch. I'm perfectly content to keep playing through my switch backlog if it's basically a 500+ dollars switch oled and only releases with like... switch sports 2 or something. Now Mario odyssey 2...👀

yeah, eventually! if it's backwards compatible with switch games i'll be more likely to invest in it sooner as my switch is truly on its last legs, but if not then i'll be holding out until there's a good repertoire of games that i'm actually interested in on the new console because i feel like there's still so much on the switch that i'm wanting to play

It depends on the launch games. I personally really want that gold switch lite released recently with Echoes of Wisdom.

Assuming that any of the launch titles interest me, then yes I will. Assuming that they don't, I will hold off until a few games that do interest me appear.

I’m definitely getting it, but maybe not right away.

With the 3DS I got it at launch and just had Nintendo’s for a while. But down the road the price dropped and also better variations came out, so I debate if I should’ve waited.
With the Switch I waited for ACNH and I was able to get the special AC edition!

I’ll wait until a Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing game comes out before buying it. Hopefully by then, a cheaper model like the Switch Lite or 2DS will be released.

Also, some of my other favorite series like Rune Factory are available on computers now, so there’s less of a want to buy a Switch 2 asap.

Probably not. I'm not a hard core gamer, I might depending on the games. But as of right now it's very unlikely. I hope the homescreen will be prettier then the first one. That alone would be lovely.

Back