• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you buying a Switch 2 when it comes out?

When will you buy the Switch 2?

• Yes, Day 1! Or at least the first week or two.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Never! I hate Nintendo "anything."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe after a few months.

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • A year or more...?

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
Once we get more information about said console, my answer will probably be unsure, but definitely a no for sure. I like to wait beforehand incase of any bugs or something goes wrong.
I've only preordered games not consoles, plus no money to really go around for that right now.

It never really excited me to find out about a new console, and it just wonders what else it could possible do anyways?
But if I do get interested, I like to wait anyways, for when they usually make switch designs based on certain games and rather pick out that then a basic one.

Unlikely to buy immediately as I’m not much of a gamer. Unless there is a release of an AC game then I would not be able to resist. I only bought my switch when NH was released and got the cute limited edition.

it would strongly depend on what games it would have on launch :^D i would like to purchase it instantly though because my current switch is like 6 years old atp

It depends on the games, but I think I will wait as long as I can with the purchase. Animal Crossing will definitely be a must, Splatoon very likely as well.

Eventually I will. I definitely won’t get it on launch day. I’ve never done that before. I usually wait a few months up to a year or two after a console launches before getting it. I like to wait until there is a nice selection of games to choose from and the price goes down.

I believe I am going to get the Switch 2 Day 1 or quickly soon after. I've had my Switch for 5 or 6 years and it is still going strong.
However, I think I am going to treat it the same as I did for the Switch. Look at the line ups and see what's new. When the Switch first game up, the only game was BOTW (that I did eventually play years later!) and I felt it wasn't enough to get Day 1. Also backwards compatibility is real good factor to consider as well since most of my games are physical. If I don't like what I'm seeing, then I'll wait it out and buy it eventually.

So far I’m the only day 1 voter?

It can be frustrating working out any bugs with the company when you pick up a system that early, but I can’t resist that Nintendo usually has at least 1 big first party game ready for launch.
I'd probably get it day 1, but the Switch had a lot of shortage issues where it was never in stock anywhere. So if that happens again it will probably be a few months for me. I'd like to get it day 1 depending on what is available!

Eventually I might. Definitely not day 1, though, I don't think. I have a ridiculous amount of games I want to get through so any way to delay a new system doesn't hurt too much

I think I'd prefer to watch and wait. See what games are available at or post launch. I waited a year post-launch, until Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was released, to get the original Switch.

Completely depends on what’s available at launch. I’ve been regularly playing the Switch since it was released, and I’ve had my own Switch for about 6 years, so I feel like I’ve worked through most of my backlog of games and now I’m just ready to try something new. If I’m not interested in the initial wave of releases, though, I won’t buy a Switch 2 just to have one. Hopefully there are plans for a couple of solid Mario titles, an AC game, and something genuinely innovative for Pokemon within the first year of release.

It would honestly depend on the features & launch catalog since I don’t need a new switch right now

The OLED wasn’t enough of an upgrade to me & if the switch 2 has better screen, battery life, with more reliable controllers AND backwards compatibility then it would be a day 1 purchase

I don't plan on buying one right away but maybe/probably eventually. I did opt for the Swtich lite version of the Switch (didn't have a TV at the time) so for Switch 2 I will probably get the "home console" version. If it ends up being backwards compatible that would encourage me to get one sooner so I can play local co-op games 😊

I voted for a few months later, but the only thing that would change my vote to day 1 is if they include an Animal Crossing or Zelda launch title. I think over time my gaming preferences have veered towards the more indie cozy games, but what keeps me Nintendo loyal is AC/Zelda.

I would try to on day one, but most likely the console on day one will suffer early stock shortage. So if that were to ever happen I’d probably get it later than expected.

Maybe after a few months cause it's gonna be expensive and I'll wanna wait and see if there's any new animal crossing game.

I got a nintendo switch just last year, so if I did get the switch 2 it would be either never or at least a few years down the line. Depends on how much I game because at the moment I can't say I use it much.

I remember for the Switch I wanted it day 1 but wasn’t able to get it until a couple months later on. Wasn’t a big deal as nothing really released until a few months in that I really wanted anyways. Odds are I’ll probably wait on the Switch 2 as well.

Back