• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Are you still happy with...? PART 2: Your River Mouths

Where are your river mouths and would you change their position?

• Double South - I wouldn't change

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • Double South - I'd change to South & East

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Double South - I'd change to South & West

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • South & East - I wouldn't change

Votes: 73 30.9%
  • South & East - I'd change to Double South

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • South & East - I'd change to South & West

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • South & West - I wouldn't change

Votes: 66 28.0%
  • South & West - I'd change to Double South

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • South & West - I'd change to South & East

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
Double south river exits was my only map requirement. I got the worst of the rest (blue airport, pears, cosmos), but I needed my symmetry.

I love pears and cosmos and blue airports so I'm glad the game has something for me. :) The only fruit I dislike is oranges since they are more tropical and I like deciduous forests.

As for my maps, I've reset so many times that I've had something like 8 islands. I think my major problem with the rivers is that you can't change the river mouths. It's a bummer to have to do a complete reset if you find you aren't happy with the river mouths. All the placements are good and fun to design around. I tend to like to have my design and placement of buildings be inspired by the natural map rather than doing a lot of terraforming and it's fun to try different maps and see how nice the different maps look when they are developed.

I'm not explaining it very well but I guess to be more brief, you don't always know the potential of the map until you have it pretty well developed. It can be an interesting revelation.

I have a double south layout and love it, especially my two waterfalls. One is multi-layered, flowing down both sets of cliffs. The other is forward-facing and close to Julian's house. When I restarted my island I deliberately chose the same layout as the first one. I wouldn't change it.

I actually have the same layout as the middle bottom picture in the double south maps (first post of this thread), except for the peninsula and such.

I like my river exits (South and West) but ideally, I would want a map with South and East exits. However I spent over 60 hours resetting my islands for other aspects and I was satisficed with what I ended up with (large circular jutting out area, specific types of black rocks, blue airport, RS in a more central location, etc).

I have south and east river mouths and I’m happy with them. Currently I still have one river running between the two (rather then separate rivers that end elsewhere on the island) but I’ve changed it from its original shape to more of a straight lined river that runs along the south of the island and up to the east move. This works out well for me as it gives quite a lot of river to easily fish in while also not getting in the way of decorating my island but if I wanted to a change the river mouths are far enough apart from one another to creat two separate rivers.

I wouldn’t have minded a south/west river but my main aim was avoiding the double south maps. I’ve seen lots of really lovely islands since the game came out where the double south mouths have been utilised really well but for me they seem the most difficult to work with.

i’ve got south and west river mouths and even though my west river mouth made building a bridge in that area a bit difficult, i’m still happy with them. :)

I have south and east for my river mouths, when I picked my island I'd done my research into what you can and can't change, so I chose my island based on the river mouths, peninsula, Resident Services and secret beach. On my second island I have double south river mouths, I was a little more picky with my 2nd island's map though :'D

I have south and east and for some reason I didn't even know that there were other options. I think I found a way to work with my rivers, though if I could choose, I'd probably pick one of the other two options. With south and west, I feel like there is a little less ristriction due to the Resident Services not being in the way and with south and south I could choose how long I want my river to be and how much space I'd be willing to give it. When I picked my map, I actually chose it based on how the river seemed to part the island into two, but that was only due to its arms which I have long removed. I think that I would probably pick south-south, but like I said, south-west could be nice, too.

i have south and west and i really wish i had double south instead. love the idea of terraforming a super symmetrical river.

I do kinda wish I could completely close off my river mouths over having that awkward gap, but that's just a minor game problem and not a map problem

I have the south and east river mouths, and I'm actually pretty happy with them! Sometimes I think if I had the chance I might change them, but, I still like what I've been able to do with them honestly. ^^ I like my east one a lot more now, because of how I got it to work with the area I made for Sly, it looks really nice!

Double south, and I'm happy with it. It wasn't a factor for me, I just wanted peaches as my native fruit.

South east or west are pretty the same, right? For me, it doesn't matter if it's one of them! Actually, my island is east/south and I'm pretty happy with it, I think it's the easier way to terraform. I've never done it till now...

Wanted double south at first but I don't know... for your guys, is this place difficult? Is the place between river mouth and sand difficult to fill in? Can you place things or are you out of space? It's my first worry, and it's for that I choose a more popular way!

I wanted a double south for my first Asian-themed island. I wouldn't change for anything in the world! I don't know why, it's my favorite river mouth. But I will soon have other islands. So I want different river mouths! That way I'll have one of each with, hopefully, an airport color and a different fruit! At first, I really didn't like the double south because it's not easy to manage, but in the end, I love it! But hey, you have to vary the pleasures a little bit for my part, and I have the impression that few people appreciate this mouth.

I am happy with my river mouths I have mostly kept it the same really I haven't terraformed my rivers much at all cause I liked the original design with my map.

This one I am considering again for my new island. I liked double south because of its symmetry.

Double South for me on Wahu. It's symmetrical, and it's convenient when doing loops for fishing in the rivers.

I have a south, and an east river mouth, I haven't done much with the south end, its pretty much just its mouth i dont have it connected to any rivers. Its right beside my campsite tent (which is on my beach), and a popular singing spot

My eastern river mouth is almost directly behind my Nooks. But its apart of this movie refrence lake I made.

I wasn't really worried about river mouths, or really thought about it, but they turned out well.

Back