• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I have a question about campsite villagers.. So I have 9 villagers currently and about 4 days ago, I had Diana in my campsite and I convinced her to move in. However, her plot never appeared... And then today I got Octavian in my campsite and he agreed to move in. I'm confused now because how was he able to accept my invite to move in when Diana is supposed to be moving in? Is this some sort of bug? If it matters, I already have 2 snooties in my town. I'm thinking maybe that's the reason she didn't move in? Is there a limitation on how many villagers of one personality you can have? I'm guessing now she really won't be moving in because Octavian is now, but it's still so weird that she never came. I never received a letter from her either saying she decided not to move in.

Last edited:
I have a question about campsite villagers.. So I have 9 villagers currently and about 4 days ago, I had Diana in my campsite and I convinced her to move in. However, her plot never appeared... And then today I got Octavian in my campsite and he agreed to move in. I'm confused now because how was he able to accept my invite to move in when Diana is supposed to be moving in? Is this some sort of bug? If it matters, I already have 2 snooties in my town. I'm thinking maybe that's the reason she didn't move in? Is there a limitation on how many villagers of one personality you can have? I'm guessing now she really won't be moving in because Octavian is now, but it's still so weird that she never came. I never received a letter from her either saying she decided not to move in.

i'll be unable to answer all of this due to not really knowing about inviting two villagers in from the campsite. i invited diana from my campsite and she showed up ~1-2 days after she left my camp (typically i thought it was ~2-4 days that they will move in). the amount of personality types in your town doesn't stop invited villagers (from campsite or from other towns) to come in. the personality types are only relevant with what the game will randomly give you when you're below 9 villagers.

i'm going to assume that diana will just come maybe tomorrow? and octavian will come a few days later. normally if villagers aren't going to move in at all, they'll give you a letter. i hope someone corrects me if i'm wrong on any account.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you so much ^^ I appreciate it. Also semi-non game related. Once I get my town settled on the new cartridge, would it be possible to return the game? I don't want two copies ;w; I know some stores have a policy with the plastic wrap must be untouched to be eligible for return with receipt, but not sure which places. I'd be giving my first cartridge as the return (erased of course).I don't want to buy a used one because I plan on keep the cartridge with a new town, and I'm just picky like that. All the games I see used are often dirty, dusty, etc ;;. It's just easier to visit myself and take things on a new catridge, than to transfer it all over, reset, then transfer it again to the other catridge. Sorry if this is confusing. in short, can I return an opened game with receipt and where?

to be sure, you should just ask the store that you're purchasing it from if they do return policies. i'm fairly certain that gamestop will accept your ACNL copy because they take loads of opened/old games (they won't accept unopened games), though i don't think you'll get your money back entirely.

i'm going to assume that diana will just come maybe tomorrow? and octavian will come a few days later. normally if villagers aren't going to move in at all, they'll give you a letter. i hope someone corrects me if i'm wrong on any account.

Captain_Katie is correct in that if a villager is invited but doesn't move in for whatever reason, they tend to send a letter that says something along the lines of, "Sorry, I don't want to move away after all!" and pretty much everything else.

Are you absolutely sure that you convinced her to move and had the game save afterwards? The only thing I can think of is accidentally forgetting to save the game after inviting her in. I'm stumped otherwise. I know that adoptions can sometimes go wonky if there is someone else moving in or out on the same day, but you said you had 9 villagers at the time and that Octavian now makes 10, so that can't be it.

Last edited:
Well, Octavian just set his plot and still no sign of Diana.. I'm guessing she will never come for some reason or other. I didn't receive a letter either. And yes I know for sure that I did convince her to move in and saved. I remember I double checked and went back into the tent and she told me she can't wait to move into my town. That's when I saved. Oh well..

Well, Octavian just set his plot and still no sign of Diana.. I'm guessing she will never come for some reason or other. I didn't receive a letter either. And yes I know for sure that I did convince her to move in and saved. I remember I double checked and went back into the tent and she told me she can't wait to move into my town. That's when I saved. Oh well..

that's so peculiar. let us know if diana ever shows up.

Actually, one of my friends had this happen to them, and I'm pretty sure it's a bug. He invited Olaf to join his town from the campsite, but (even after a few weeks of waiting) he never turned up.

I'm not entirely sure what causes it, but some people were saying that time traveling may play a part in it because it can mess up the pattern of the game. Even if you don't time travel, it's probably the same bug or glitch because nobody knows what actually causes it.

Another question I have~
When you have the game at the start menu, unattended you will see your villagers roaming around doing stuff. Does that actually save when you log in? If a villager plants a flower or something, and I log in, would it actually be there? I was always curious.

Another question I have~
When you have the game at the start menu, unattended you will see your villagers roaming around doing stuff. Does that actually save when you log in? If a villager plants a flower or something, and I log in, would it actually be there? I was always curious.
Yes, if a villager plants something on the start menu, then it should appear in the game itself.

I really want to know if this is obtainable in ACNL? I have no idea what it is but it's pretty. /pokes hair/

nyx.jpg

....but I have the Geisha wig. o.o It doesn't look like that. It has a comb in it for starters and it doesn't have the curls in it. It's all made up.

....but I have the Geisha wig. o.o It doesn't look like that. It has a comb in it for starters and it doesn't have the curls in it. It's all made up.

Oh wait, scrap that, it's Tiara Hair. They look similar, haha.

How would I obtain that? o: I can't find it anywhere when I search for it and I am usually the person that can find things. xD

You can get the Tiara Hair from Gracie's in the Spring (March through May) season. Obviously that's already passed, so if you don't want to time travel, then you could buy one from the Retail board.

However, people will probably be selling it for a lot more than it costs in the game.

Thank you! :D I don't understand why people don't TT and just save themselves the money then. xD As long as you TT responsibly you should be fine.

Thank you! :D I don't understand why people don't TT and just save themselves the money then. xD As long as you TT responsibly you should be fine.

Well it doesn't matter how far you travel backwards, it'll still only count as one day. Then you could just time travel forwards a day at a time until you reach the present day. That's the safest way, in my opinion.

Unless you don't have any dreamies of course.

I sadly don't have any dreamies but I have some auctions running at the moment and can't lose the villagers I have. :p Would hate to start off on the site with a bad rep because of an accident.

What does it mean to "lurk" for a villager in a cycling thread?

If someone is viewing a thread, then people say that they're 'lurking'. People usually do this when they're waiting for a villager they want to ask to move, so that they can claim them first.

Last edited:
Back