• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Sorry if it's been answered already, but I didn't want to look through 200 pages... :p

Is it possible to get a villager to come back after they've moved away?

It is possible, but you'd have to cycle through 16 villagers to do so. That means that you need to have 16 villagers move out after said villager that you want to come back moves out, so it's not easy, but certainly possible!

When someone buys something of yours at Re-Tail, where does that money go to? Reese says it goes into my account, but I had someone give me 6 mil bells doing the Re-Tail method, and the bells aren't there. She didn't notify me that anyone bought my things either like she usually does. Do you have to wait a certain amount of time?

When someone buys something of yours at Re-Tail, where does that money go to? Reese says it goes into my account, but I had someone give me 6 mil bells doing the Re-Tail method, and the bells aren't there. She didn't notify me that anyone bought my things either like she usually does. Do you have to wait a certain amount of time?

It goes to your bank account the following day. I believe that she should also notify you tomorrow as well.

Last edited:
Sorry if I sound like a noob for asking this, but how do you have your characters have dialogue in a dream town?

Sorry if I sound like a noob for asking this, but how do you have your characters have dialogue in a dream town?
Your characters will say the quote that's set on their TPC. (If you haven't set a quote, they'll just say "Thanks!")

Does anyone know the exact number of pwps you need to achieve perfect town status? I don't see any guides mentioning it ^^

Does anyone know the exact number of pwps you need to achieve perfect town status? I don't see any guides mentioning it ^^

Houses count as PWPs I believe, so the answer is technically 19-20 (?). You will also need to make sure that your PWPs do not recreate ratings in other categories, as that would render the fact that you met the PWP requirement absolutely pointless. There's a list of what helps and harms on Thonky.

I'm not certain though, I've mostly learned this from others.

Houses count as PWPs I believe, so the answer is technically 19-20 (?). You will also need to make sure that your PWPs do not recreate ratings in other categories, as that would render the fact that you met the PWP requirement absolutely pointless. There's a list of what helps and harms on Thonky.

I'm not certain though, I've mostly learned this from others.
Thanks! I saw that list. I was thinking of making a bunch of street lights or benches then demolishing them after I get the status ^^

do items on the beach count as trash?
also, are the wrapped balloon presents considered trash?

I have a question regarding TTing.
I recently purchased Tomodachi Life and I don't have a second 3DS, so I have to TT with the in-game clock on New Leaf from now on. Do all effects of TTing still apply? As in, each day forward counts, but no matter how many days you go backward, it'll still count as one day?

I have a question regarding TTing.
I recently purchased Tomodachi Life and I don't have a second 3DS, so I have to TT with the in-game clock on New Leaf from now on. Do all effects of TTing still apply? As in, each day forward counts, but no matter how many days you go backward, it'll still count as one day?
Yes, the in-game clock works just like the system clock, only it affects solely AC:NL. There's really no other difference to it, except for when you change it, you're pretty much forced into loading the game when you use the in-game clock.

i just have a quick question! so do villagers only buy stuff at retail if you encourage them to? i'm obsessed with originality.. ;-;

I don't think so, because I left some of the stuff with low prices and I was shocked to find two empty spaces. You should buy everything and replace them with flowers at 999,999 bells. The poor, dumb animals will go in every day and buy nothing. :)

Back