• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

whats it mean when your character exits their house and waves at them selves with an unhappy face?
They're fanning themselves because they're wearing long sleeves in summertime.

Likewise, if you wear short sleeves in winter they'll shiver.

whats it mean when your character exits their house and waves at them selves with an unhappy face?

It means your clothes aren't weather-appropriate if it's summer in your game. I don't think it has any bad effects on your game, it's just annoying. If you want it to stop, give your character clothes with shorter sleeves. (In the winter, your character will shiver when they come out of the house if it's too cold and they are wearing summer clothes.)

Does anyone know of the effective area for fertilizer?

I can't find this specific info anywhere. Is it a 9x9 grid with the buried fertilizer in the center, or...?

Last edited:
Does anyone know of the effective area for fertilizer?

I can't find this specific info anywhere. Is it a 9x9 grid with the buried fertilizer in the center, or...?
I'm pretty sure it only affects the 8 squares adjacent to it. So a 3x3 grid (which is probably what you meant, because 9x9 is huge, lol)

oh whoops yeah lol

Really surprised nobody's bothered to put that info in any guides. Like its literally just "use fertilizer".

And on that note, do golden shovels do anything for it? I know you have to buy 50 bags of fertilizer to get the shovel and I've heard people on the forums mention about using it (likely because of the method to getting?) to make the fertilizer more effective. But I've never once seen the golden shovel mentioned as having any use outside of making money trees outside of the occasional forum posts. I mean you'd think it'd be mentioned in *some* hybreeding guide, but as far as I've seen, nope.

Last edited:
oh whoops yeah lol

Really surprised nobody's bothered to put that info in any guides. Like its literally just "use fertilizer".

And on that note, do golden shovels do anything for it? I know you have to buy 50 bags of fertilizer to get the shovel and I've heard people on the forums mention about using it (likely because of the method to getting?) to make the fertilizer more effective. But I've never once seen the golden shovel mentioned as having any use outside of making money trees outside of the occasional forum posts. I mean you'd think it'd be mentioned in *some* hybreeding guide, but as far as I've seen, nope.

Yes, the golden shovel increases the effects of fertilizer and can be used to plant money trees.

>no mention of fertilizer effective area
>no mention of the golden shovel helping fertilizer

Man, New Leaf hybreeding guides need to get less lazy.

Anyways, thanks.

Do you know how much it helps? Like if it doubles the effects or...

Last edited:
>no mention of fertilizer effective area
>no mention of the golden shovel helping fertilizer

Man, New Leaf hybreeding guides need to get less lazy.

Anyways, thanks.

Do you know how much it helps? Like if it doubles the effects or...

I'm not entirely sure how much it helps, but I'm sure it helps enough to make it noticeable. I don't think it says anywhere how much exactly.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what those horns on her head are called ?
Thanks.

tumblr_n3desyqt0m1swbowco1_400.gif

Can someone tell me what those horns on her head are called ?
Thanks.

tumblr_n3desyqt0m1swbowco1_400.gif
I'm fairly certain that's a custom design hat, they just designed the rest of the it to look like her natural hair/head

Basically what Reese said. If you look closely at her forehead, you can see the colors don't match (straight line through it). It is a custom hat.

is it harder to get some villagers from the campsite than others? or like, are some just not going to accept your move offer?

So if I keep trying (i saved before entering the tent) I could get her to move?

Has she asked to move in and have you turned her down?

If not, then I don't think it makes a difference if you reset or not, as far as I know. Sometimes it takes a while and you can just keep trying to talk until they ask you to move into your town, so a few tries could do the trick or they could not. If you want the extra time though then I don't see why you couldn't reset so you can spend the same amount of time talking to her as you have so far.

If she takes forever and doesn't ask you about it, check your whole town for a plot. Even if you think you have an extra villager spot, you may have gotten one through wifi or SP that can have plotted or something.

Back