• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Has she asked to move in and have you turned her down?

If not, then I don't think it makes a difference if you reset or not, as far as I know. Sometimes it takes a while and you can just keep trying to talk until they ask you to move into your town, so a few tries could do the trick or they could not. If you want the extra time though then I don't see why you couldn't reset so you can spend the same amount of time talking to her as you have so far.

If she takes forever and doesn't ask you about it, check your whole town for a plot. Even if you think you have an extra villager spot, you may have gotten one through wifi or SP that can have plotted or something.

I got her to move in. I talked to Katrina, wore the item she told me to, wore a clover and she accepted without hesitation. I think I was having bad luck?

i don't believe that inviting campers in relies on luck. i've had easily accepted offers from the campsite, and other times i continuously asked and they turned me down. i would come back later, keep asking, and eventually they said yes. it seems to be more perseverance than anything else.

I got her to move in. I talked to Katrina, wore the item she told me to, wore a clover and she accepted without hesitation. I think I was having bad luck?

Sorry, I meant bad luck in real life and in a general sense, not bad luck within the game. It was probably just a coincidence, I don't think the campsite invites are based on in-game luck.

I know that some people bury pitfall seeds on their beach to stop new pitfall seeds from spawning in their town. I'm wondering if I buried a tricky pitfall seed would this stop new pitfall seeds spawning, or is the spawn 'separate' as they are different items? If anyone has tried this let me know. :)

I know that some people bury pitfall seeds on their beach to stop new pitfall seeds from spawning in their town. I'm wondering if I buried a tricky pitfall seed would this stop new pitfall seeds spawning, or is the spawn 'separate' as they are different items? If anyone has tried this let me know. :)
I went through a time when I just couldn't be bothered to dig anything up but, when I finally did, loads of pitfalls had spawned. It was kind of annoying really, but I'd assume that it doesn't stop them.

There's probably a limit to how many spawn though. No idea what that limit would be.

Tricky Pitfalls count as a different item from what I remember, it doesn't work.

How do you create designs that aren't shirts or anything? Like when you see a QR code that's like just a sign or something. I made a design and it turned out as a shirt but I want it to just be like a sign.

How do you create designs that aren't shirts or anything? Like when you see a QR code that's like just a sign or something. I made a design and it turned out as a shirt but I want it to just be like a sign.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Non-pro designs can be displayed as signs in houses, and I don't think it matters on the PWP.

here i'll add an example
disney qr.jpgwaluigi shirt.jpg
see one's a shirt and one's a sign. I wanna know how to make a sign..
(these are not my designs. only using them as an example)

here i'll add an example
View attachment 59538View attachment 59539
see one's a shirt and one's a sign. I wanna know how to make a sign..
(these are not my designs. only using them as an example)

A "sign" design is the same as a regular pattern, the only difference is that it's being previewed differently. To change the way you preview it, when you're on the pattern editing screen, on the top left-hand side of the touch screen there's a pink button with an icon of a shirt on it. Tap it and it'll change the preview on the top screen into a hat or something. Keep clicking that button and it'll keep changing the preview to different stuff until you get the "sign" thing you're referring to.

By the way, the way something is previewed has no effect on the usage. I have patterns I've previewed in the way you're calling a "sign" and which I applied to clothes or patterns I previewed as random clothing items and then applied as floor tiles. The preview is just a neat way to present your QR codes when sharing them with others and of making it easier to see what your pattern will look like depending on what you want to do with it. That's all.

The only patterns that tend to be more specific are the pro designs in the Able Sisters shop, which have the format of very specific kinds of clothing like short sleeve dresses or long-sleeve shirts.

A while ago Isabelle was sleeping, but I didn't wake her up because it was too cute. But now she won't sleep again. I've time travelled for ~20 days but she just won't sleep! How do I et her to?

A while ago Isabelle was sleeping, but I didn't wake her up because it was too cute. But now she won't sleep again. I've time travelled for ~20 days but she just won't sleep! How do I et her to?

She should do eventually. Did you try time traveling back to the day she was sleeping on?

Is it 100% the case that if animals are talking about rumors in general then no one is thinking of moving? Asking for a friend.

Is it 100% the case that if animals are talking about rumors in general then no one is thinking of moving? Asking for a friend.

Yes, but only if they are these rumors.
-Cranky villagers will state that rumors can be frightening.
-Jock villagers may ask to spread rumors about their latest world record, or complain that others say that they are a prince from another planet.
-Normal villagers will comment that they will only spread rumors they have seen themselves.
-Smug villagers may remark that they have done things with other villagers, but refuse to elaborate on the details.
-Snooty villagers will use fabricated examples to show the player that simple rumors can spread very quickly.
-Uchi villagers will complain that rumors are circulating that they are known for one sport, when it is in fact another.
-Peppy villagers will ask the player for any gossip, think you are keeping something secret, and ask for you to spread the details.

If they mention something like, "Mayor, I've heard a rumor that you're a flower fan," or something else about you, then it does not mean that nobody is thinking of moving.

Hope this helps! :)

It does. I get those conversations a lot and didn't know until recently that it meant I could relax on movers. Thanks!

It does. I get those conversations a lot and didn't know until recently that it meant I could relax on movers. Thanks!
To add to emcconville's list, lazy villagers will talk about how they bought x item and now there's a rumor they have a world-class x collection.

Also remember that the villager who's moving can still talk about these rumors, so make sure you hear it from at least two different villagers. (I usually pester someone who's in their house, or who's just pinged me about something else, because then I know they can't be moving.)

Last edited:
Back