• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Wait. If talking about rumors only means that particular animal isn't moving, that doesn't help much. I thought the idea was that if anyone talked about general rumors, no one was moving.

Wait. If talking about rumors only means that particular animal isn't moving, that doesn't help much. I thought the idea was that if anyone talked about general rumors, no one was moving.
No it means the opposite: it means no one else is moving, but the villager you heard it from might still be moving.

For example, I might talk to Roscoe and get the "rumors are frightening" dialogue. But I could then talk to Maple and she'll say Roscoe is thinking of moving. That's why you should try to get the rumor dialogue from at least two different villagers to be sure no one's moving (or as I said before, try to get it from someone you already know isn't moving).

Last edited:
So if Roscoe and Maple both talk about rumors, no one is moving? Does it count as rumor talk when the lazies say, "Not to be a big old gossip, but I heard Freya has ticklish feet."?

Are smug villagers the hardest to move out? It's IMPOSSIBLE to move out Beardo, ugh.

Edit: If they are, how do I move them out? :confused:

Last edited:
Are smug villagers the hardest to move out? It's IMPOSSIBLE to move out Beardo, ugh.

Edit: If they are, how do I move them out? :confused:

You can move them out like you do with any other villager. It's completely random, but some say that befriending or ignoring a villager completely will make them want to move quickly. He will move out eventually.

Smug villagers aren't any easier or harder to move out.

So if Roscoe and Maple both talk about rumors, no one is moving?
Correct :)

Does it count as rumor talk when the lazies say, "Not to be a big old gossip, but I heard Freya has ticklish feet."?
Not sure about this one, since all the guides I've seen on this conveniently leave out lazies. It does sound like it could be one, except that none of the other personalities have more than one type of rumor dialogue (except jocks apparently?? I wonder how accurate that is.)

Lazies say that they have a certain item but that there's a rumor going around that they hoard (or collect) many of that item.

Like punchy told me about a pen or something he bought but that now there's a rumor he has a world wide collection of them
Or something like that xD

But they usually use the word Rumor itself, and not gossip

I water my flowers every day, but do you have to water your flowers when you have the beautiful town ordinance?

I water my flowers every day, but do you have to water your flowers when you have the beautiful town ordinance?

Watering your flowers will still increase the chance for a hybrid spawn, but if you don't water them they won't wilt at all anyway. This includes black roses, so if you're trying to get gold roses I highly advise you don't sign in the Beautiful Ordinance.

I have a question regarding plot resetting.
I've plot reset before without going to 5:59 a.m. or whatever. What's the point of changing the clock to 5:59 a.m. and waiting until 6:00 for the plot to appear?

It's because people want to jump right ahead to the next day. Say it's 10pm in real life but you want to start plot resetting, so you set it to 5:59am and wait so it's a new day without waiting until the real new day. You can, of course, use the 3DS clock any time to set it to the new day, but sometimes people don't want to mess with that because it can affect other games or it's just more convenient to go through Isabelle.

It's because people want to jump right ahead to the next day. Say it's 10pm in real life but you want to start plot resetting, so you set it to 5:59am and wait so it's a new day without waiting until the real new day. You can, of course, use the 3DS clock any time to set it to the new day, but sometimes people don't want to mess with that because it can affect other games or it's just more convenient to go through Isabelle.

Ooooohhhh I get that. Thank you! I've been wondering the point of it for a while now.

Another question~ If I update my dream town while the fireworks are active, will there be fireworks whenever anyone visits?

No, I think a couple of people already tested that, but unfortunately it didn't work.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can villagers request PWPs if there's an event (fireworks) going on?

Villagers won't request PWPs on events such as the Bug Off event, or any other events which mean they don't have proper conversations with you. I'm sure they still ping on fireworks events though.

I know you can get Leif's flower furniture any time you have a lot of weeds (not just Weeding Day), but can someone come from another town and get the out-of-town flower furniture on those days as well? In your own town, are you limited to the four items that you are also limited to on Weeding Day?

I know you can get Leif's flower furniture any time you have a lot of weeds (not just Weeding Day), but can someone come from another town and get the out-of-town flower furniture on those days as well? In your own town, are you limited to the four items that you are also limited to on Weeding Day?
Yes, other people can come to your town and take part in Weeding Day (collecting furniture/items from Leif). So no, you're not limited to the items you can get on the day, but you'll have to go to a weed infested town to get the rest of the items.

I'm talking about normal days where you have a lot of weeds so Leif shows up. I know you can get one of the four items you can get in your own town on those occasions, but I'm wondering if someone else can show up and get the items. Any day but Weeding Day.

Villagers won't request PWPs on events such as the Bug Off event, or any other events which mean they don't have proper conversations with you. I'm sure they still ping on fireworks events though.

I don't know if they ping you for PWPs during the fireworks event but they do ping you for moving. I had a villager ping me about it yesterday as the show was just starting. I was so annoyed by the interruption I asked that villager to stay even though I've been trying to move her out for the longest time now.

Jennifer;2212318[b said:
Do you personally situate new shops in your town or are they randomly placed?[/b]
All shops are in fixed places. The only facilities you get to place are the Police Station and the Reset Center.

And the Cafe.

Back