• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

If you have a plot space for a villager that's planning to move in, is it possible for another villager to ping you that same day to say they want to move out?

I don't want to advance the date, but I do want to start a fresh day on the same date I last played. To do this, do I set the system clock to something like 5:50 AM and then start the game? What will happen if I'm playing the game as it reaches 6AM and starts the new day? Poof, new day? Or do I need to exit, restart?

Also, will I get the villager who is scheduled to set up a plot the next day, despite the same date?

Last edited:
I don't want to advance the date, but I do want to start a fresh day on the same date I last played. To do this, do I set the system clock to something like 5:50 AM and then start the game? What will happen if I'm playing the game as it reaches 6AM and starts the new day? Poof, new day? Or do I need to exit, restart?

Also, will I get the villager who is scheduled to set up a plot the next day, despite the same date?

If you go back that far, you'll have technically gone a day forward in the game which means your villager would be plotted. At 6:00am, the villager would be unpacking. Going back and then forward like this would essentially be moving ahead two days. If you're wanting to plot reset, this could be tricky. As someone who doesn't TT, I'd suggest finding someone with expertise in the area.

Also, when your game reaches 6:00am, Isabelle announces it's time for a new day. The game will save and you exit your home as if opening the game.

Last edited:
How do those Cedar tree Christmas lights work? Only 1 of my ~8 cedar trees have lights on them atm, will they all eventually be lit up or am I just getting that one?

according to what I've have seen, only a few cedar trees light up and it also has to do with the amount of cedar trees that you have in your town.

• started the game on oct25th
• today's in game date is nov11th (so more than 14 days went by)
• i have one item in every museum category (bug, fish, fossil and art, though I do only have one statue in the art category)

why blathers doesn't suggest the museum's second floor? he's never thinking, only sleeping/awake (checked at day and night)

idgi, it's been a few days since I donated the statue too ):

• started the game on oct25th
• today's in game date is nov11th (so more than 14 days went by)
• i have one item in every museum category (bug, fish, fossil and art, though I do only have one statue in the art category)

why blathers doesn't suggest the museum's second floor? he's never thinking, only sleeping/awake (checked at day and night)

idgi, it's been a few days since I donated the statue too ):

youve talked to him on 14 separate days ??

according to what I've have seen, only a few cedar trees light up and it also has to do with the amount of cedar trees that you have in your town.

Dang, that's sad, I made a whole cedar forest looking forward to it being lit up during Christmas s:

hey i was wondering does anyone know when the rest of the Jingle series will be available? if it helps i have the final store upgrade because i only need 6 things to complete my Jingle room.thanks to anyone who can answer my question.

hey i was wondering does anyone know when the rest of the Jingle series will be available? if it helps i have the final store upgrade because i only need 6 things to complete my Jingle room.thanks to anyone who can answer my question.
It should appear randomly throughout the month up until Christmas Day. If you are missing some of the other pieces by then contact me by PM or ask someone via public thread on the Re-Tail board for the remaining pieces of the set.

oh okay thank you FireNinja1 because i was starting to get worried when i would check i kept on seeing duplicates of what i already had.and i'll pm you or go to re-tail thread if i have any questions.

Is it possible for animal villagers to wear dresses? I'm not talking about pro designs, just the ones you can buy from the Able Sisters and Gracie's. I know the sleeves get cut off of t-shirts-- if I were to send a villager a dress, would they wear a short T-shirt size version of it? Would they wear Gracie dresses?

I haven't seen a new Jacob's Ladder grow in my town in months despite having a perfect town rating most of the time. What's the deal?

youve talked to him on 14 separate days ??

oh... that's you need to do?
but, wait, maybe I did, because I always access fossils on the same day
what's going on, I have club LOL and the dream suite and kicks already but no second floor.... I just want the cafe sob

update: SHAMPOODLES is building. and no second floor. what's going on

I only have statues on the museum, maybe I need paintings? I do have diving creatures, so it can't be that...

Last edited:
Is it possible for animal villagers to wear dresses? I'm not talking about pro designs, just the ones you can buy from the Able Sisters and Gracie's. I know the sleeves get cut off of t-shirts-- if I were to send a villager a dress, would they wear a short T-shirt size version of it? Would they wear Gracie dresses?

Close to 100% sure they won't. I don't even know if they can display dresses, but I've never really tried. I don't think I've ever seen a dress on display in a house.

Close to 100% sure they won't. I don't even know if they can display dresses, but I've never really tried. I don't think I've ever seen a dress on display in a house.

That's what I was worried about. I think I'll mail two cheap ones to one of my villagers as a test to be sure. One to display, one to wear, given the whole 'sometimes they'll display it instead of wear it' problem.

why does my male mayor have a pink speech bubble? shouldn't it be blue?

Last edited:
Back