• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I haven't seen a new Jacob's Ladder grow in my town in months despite having a perfect town rating most of the time. What's the deal?

Their spawn chance is random, but that being said, Jacob's Ladders always spawn next to cliff edges. Against the actual cliff on the side of your town and the cliff next to the beach. I filled these areas with flowers before I realized that's where the Ladders spawn.

Sorry this is a boatload of related questions about TT'ing.

What are the best months to TT? I'm TT'ng close to real time... It's almost Toy Day in my town. And it does get annoying to have TT'ing events such as villager moves be delayed or interrupted due to events and holidays.

Also, does anyone find it really safe to TT massive amounts of time backward? Say I've been TT'ing to get the dreamies I want. I'm now really far ahead in time and apparently, I've read it's safe to TT a huge jump back (months, even years) if someone just moved in and is currently unboxed like a regular villager. Is that true? I only did a big time jump once, and that was when I ended up in late March 2015 and I jumped back to like Thanksgiving week in the game. Didn't lose anybody, thank goodness but wanted to know if there is a proven safe method?

Since it's close to Toy Day in my town and winter, I'm kind of getting tired of the snow. I want to upload and work on my dream town as if it were spring and summer as there are path patterns that only look good in those seasons. Will I also lose hybrids if I TT back in time?

Sorry this is a boatload of related questions about TT'ing.

What are the best months to TT? I'm TT'ng close to real time... It's almost Toy Day in my town. And it does get annoying to have TT'ing events such as villager moves be delayed or interrupted due to events and holidays.

Also, does anyone find it really safe to TT massive amounts of time backward? Say I've been TT'ing to get the dreamies I want. I'm now really far ahead in time and apparently, I've read it's safe to TT a huge jump back (months, even years) if someone just moved in and is currently unboxed like a regular villager. Is that true? I only did a big time jump once, and that was when I ended up in late March 2015 and I jumped back to like Thanksgiving week in the game. Didn't lose anybody, thank goodness but wanted to know if there is a proven safe method?

Since it's close to Toy Day in my town and winter, I'm kind of getting tired of the snow. I want to upload and work on my dream town as if it were spring and summer as there are path patterns that only look good in those seasons. Will I also lose hybrids if I TT back in time?

i like the spring/summer months. i dont want TT past new years n stuff.
a jump back, no matter how big it is, will count as one day.
you shouldnt lose hyrbids.

i like the spring/summer months. i dont want TT past new years n stuff.
a jump back, no matter how big it is, will count as one day.
you shouldnt lose hyrbids.

OK thanks for the info! I was just shocked because when I did the March 2015 to November 2014 jump, Bruce was all like, yo, I haven't seen you in EIGHT MONTHS. I was like 8 months? I only TT'ed 4 months back!

OK thanks for the info! I was just shocked because when I did the March 2015 to November 2014 jump, Bruce was all like, yo, I haven't seen you in EIGHT MONTHS. I was like 8 months? I only TT'ed 4 months back!

thats strange?? had you like never talked to him or what

That's because you changed the year. November is eight months ahead of March, so 2014 was registered as a "new year" since it occurred after 2015.

thats strange?? had you like never talked to him or what

Nah, see below. I talked to Bruce all the time. He's my homie.

That's because you changed the year. November is eight months ahead of March, so 2014 was registered as a "new year" since it occurred after 2015.

Bingo, what Faery said. Seems so obvious now. ~_~ Thank you for sharing the info that would totally be unbeknownst to me. Basically TT'ing over the New Year is not technically dangerous but not ideal either?

Nah, see below. I talked to Bruce all the time. He's my homie.

Bingo, what Faery said. Seems so obvious now. ~_~ Thank you for sharing the info that would totally be unbeknownst to me. Basically TT'ing over the New Year is not technically dangerous but not ideal either?
It seems like it could easily mess things up. :p I've never done it before because it feels too risky.

I prefer time travelling during the summer months (June/July/August) because there isn't much going on.

It seems like it could easily mess things up. :p I've never done it before because it feels too risky.

I prefer time travelling during the summer months (June/July/August) because there isn't much going on.

Wonderful. I'll be spending that time beautifying the town then!

When you plant a sapling from the flower shop, does it grow into a tree that has your town's native fruit or does it grow into a fruitless tree? (or something else?)

When you plant a sapling from the flower shop, does it grow into a tree that has your town's native fruit or does it grow into a fruitless tree? (or something else?)
It grows into a regular, fruitless tree.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Last edited:
I've completely forgotten, and not sure where to look: is it true that if you time travel from a day when you stopped a villager moving out, you wont have anyone else move out (no matter how far you time travel?). I've neglected my second town and want to get it going again without all that tedious catching up !

I've completely forgotten, and not sure where to look: is it true that if you time travel from a day when you stopped a villager moving out, you wont have anyone else move out (no matter how far you time travel?). I've neglected my second town and want to get it going again without all that tedious catching up !

It's true. I've always done this and TT'd forward months and months and had no one move.

Someone will want to move the day you start so keep an eye out.

Will snowmen give you a bingo card even if you make them horribly? Also, will you pick up a voided villager from someone's void when one of your villagers is in boxes?

Back