• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I ask SO many questions of you all and I really hope it's not a bother or anything, but I have another right now.

How much space does the cafe take up in comparison to say...the regular villagers houses? I'm trying to decide where I want to put it but I'm not sure how much space I'll need.

Edit: I know you can look at a pwp before you actually place it, but I have a tent up in the space I was 'saving' for it. Since the tent is there, Isabelle won't let me preview the cafe until I delete the tent, and I don't want to delete it and be find out the cafe won't fit and/or look right. Which is why I'm asking.

Last edited:
I ask SO many questions of you all and I really hope it's not a bother or anything, but I have another right now.

How much space does the cafe take up in comparison to say...the regular villagers houses? I'm trying to decide where I want to put it but I'm not sure how much space I'll need.

Edit: I know you can look at a pwp before you actually place it, but I have a tent up in the space I was 'saving' for it. Since the tent is there, Isabelle won't let me preview the cafe until I delete the tent, and I don't want to delete it and be find out the cafe won't fit and/or look right. Which is why I'm asking.

Does this help?

Will snowmen give you a bingo card even if you make them horribly? Also, will you pick up a voided villager from someone's void when one of your villagers is in boxes?

I'm not sure about the first one, but I think so? I think the snowman can play bingo even if he looks like a dork.

Yes, you can get a voided village in that case. I gave away my tenth villager, and the very next day, I had a new villager that she had voided.

This question is sooo dumb but I'm really unsure. So my one character Ruby asked for a new plant for Toy Day. Does that mean she wants like an actual plant (flowers, fruits, etc.) or that she wants one of the furniture item plants (round cactus, bonsai, etc.)? PLEASE HELP, I FEEL SO RIDICULOUS LOLOLOL!!!

I've completely forgotten, and not sure where to look: is it true that if you time travel from a day when you stopped a villager moving out, you wont have anyone else move out (no matter how far you time travel?). I've neglected my second town and want to get it going again without all that tedious catching up !

Does this also work with backward TT?

I'm also wondering if the same is true if you identify the mover, but don't stop them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This question is sooo dumb but I'm really unsure. So my one character Ruby asked for a new plant for Toy Day. Does that mean she wants like an actual plant (flowers, fruits, etc.) or that she wants one of the furniture item plants (round cactus, bonsai, etc.)? PLEASE HELP, I FEEL SO RIDICULOUS LOLOLOL!!!

You do not need to provide the gifts on Toy Day. Jingle will provide those but you only need to distribute them to the correct villagers.

Last edited:

wait until she tells you what colour she wants it to be. theres guides online that lists what an item is categorized as. you get a predetermined bag of gifts on toy day so YOU dont have to pick anything out for them.

When will the next villager want to move after you just stopped another villager from doing so?

It's random. They could ask the day after someone moves out up to 5 days I believe. I have had villagers ask to leave on consecutive days before.

Also, how can I be sure that no one is moving? I just talked to all my villagers for thirty minutes, and they keep talking about Pete visiting and rumors that I'm a world traveler...

- - - Post Merge - - -

No one has pinged me to move since 5 days, so i feel as if there is someone that is thinking about it and hasn't told me.

Also, how can I be sure that no one is moving? I just talked to all my villagers for thirty minutes, and they keep talking about Pete visiting and rumors that I'm a world traveler...

- - - Post Merge - - -

No one has pinged me to move since 5 days, so i feel as if there is someone that is thinking about it and hasn't told me.

Do you have any other characters in your town? If you do you can try talking to the villagers with them.

No way to be 100% when no one is mentioning everything. No one I know of anyway.

Another way to check is through TT'ing. You change your DS clock to a week from now and then make a new character. (Be careful to not load up an existing character.) This will allow you to see who is thinking of moving by checking your town map and see who is missing.
Then you can change your DS back to the correct date and load up and keep trying.

Save and quit a few times. Maybe that can help too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As long as no one is sick and there are no holidays happening, (Winter Solstice won't interfere with this), get everyone to ping you twice. If no one says they are moving, no one is moving(at least not today). I've used this method plenty of times and never lost a villager when I do this.

Last edited:
Okay, so this is my first acnl xmas/december... and well, i've read online that if a snowball breaks or something it reappears if you go into houses or save/quit...

Well, I had two snowballs, one i had near the station and it was big enough so i kept it there, the other one broke, so i had to go in and out the house, and then i found it again, and then i left it alone when i found a snowflake, and when i went to find the snowball, it disappeared... now, I heard that dung beetles can "eat" the snowball... how do I get it to come back? I've tried save/quitting already =(

**Edit: nevermind, found it**

Last edited:

The only rumor talk that matters is when they say things like "rumors can be so vicious" or "It's been rumored that I'm a prince from outer space." If one person says something like that, it gurantees that none of the other animals are moving, though they still could be. If two people say something like that, nobody is moving. If one person talks about those kind of rumors, you can then save and quit and restart and walk in front of that person and see if they ping. If they don't, you're okay.

As long as you're on speaking terms with all of your animals, just walk in front of the ones who are out and about. If someone pings for something stupid immediately, save and quit and then try again. Just walk in front of the ones outside and if none of them pings, you're okay. Well, there is one circumstance: if someone wants you to dig up a time capsule, they will never ping you until you talk to them about that. After you do, if they are moving, they can ping you as soon as you reload. If you always bury capsules in the same place, you can look if there is an X on the ground there.

Last edited:
I was trying to demolish my water pump today, but I found that it wasn't in the demolishing menu. Why is this, and can I still demolish it in any way? Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Never mind, solved it.

How do you know for sure your void is clear?

As far as I'm aware, there is no sure way to know if your void is clear or not besides having the villager(s) in your void move in to someone's town. I've heard cases that some people give their void to someone else despite visiting other towns beforehand (the towns they visited were full towns, and the one that got the void has free space) so at this point I'm not sure. Just try to avoid visiting towns with free space if you have someone in your void, or try visiting full towns and hope it clears it.

Also bumping this thread cause people keep posting thread asking simple questions instead of posting it here :(

Is there a limit to how many perfect fruit trees you can have in your town? I have three saplings that won't grow and I've been trying to figure out why for months.

Back