• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

When is the earliest you can invite villagers? I mean when you first start the game, when can you start asking villagers to move into your town?

Last edited:
Okay villager moving questions:

- I know there's like a 50% chance or something similar of a new plot when you have 8 villagers, but after a certain amount of time does that percentage go to 100% that a plot will show? if there is a timespan how many days / weeks?

- Do invites from other towns or campsites take priority over voided villagers from streetpass or wifi? for example, if I pick up Bob from someone's void after I invited Cherry from the campsite, who will move in?

When is the earliest you can invite villagers? I mean when you first start the game, when can you start asking villagers to move into your town?

Anytime you want so long as you have a slot open for a villager.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay villager moving questions:

- I know there's like a 50% chance or something similar of a new plot when you have 8 villagers, but after a certain amount of time does that percentage go to 100% that a plot will show? if there is a timespan how many days / weeks?

- Do invites from other towns or campsites take priority over voided villagers from streetpass or wifi? for example, if I pick up Bob from someone's void after I invited Cherry from the campsite, who will move in?

- Usually 1-7 days. Plot have a 100% chance on the 7th day.
- Yes they do. And it will be Cherry who'll move in since you invited her to move in before the voided Beau managed to move in.

When do bingo cards expire?
February 25th, when the snow melts.
OR you can time travel backwards to the previous day(before 6am on the current date) and it will expire instantly, however I've heard your snowmen will also disappear.

Alright, so here is my situation.
Someone just came in to my town and convinced ruby to move away to their town,
and now that that is settled, is it safe for me to TT forward a day or two?
That wont mess up ruby making it to the person town will it?

Alright, so here is my situation.
Someone just came in to my town and convinced ruby to move away to their town,
and now that that is settled, is it safe for me to TT forward a day or two?
That wont mess up ruby making it to the person town will it?
You can TT safely, it will not affect Ruby's moving at all.

Can you only build 4 snowpeople per player? I've been trying to make another snowtyke since my last one melted, but the snowballs don't want to come together even though the sizes are pretty accurate =(

Can you only build 4 snowpeople per player? I've been trying to make another snowtyke since my last one melted, but the snowballs don't want to come together even though the sizes are pretty accurate =(
I can't think of anything that would prevent you from being able to build a snowman. I think your snowballs are just a little too small.

B572dPtCQAEi98T.jpg

Will a bush die if I plant it in this blank spot?

okay i have a question so when i came out of my house this morning i started walking around the town i noticed there weren't any snowballs? they've been showing up somewhere in town everyday and my town is currently in december. if anyone can tell me why the snowballs did'nt show up today it would be really helpful.

B572dPtCQAEi98T.jpg

Will a bush die if I plant it in this blank spot?

Yes. Bushes and trees can't be touching rocks, pwps, houses or any other structures may it be diagonal, vertical or horizontal of said structures.

- - - Post Merge - - -

okay i have a question so when i came out of my house this morning i started walking around the town i noticed there weren't any snowballs? they've been showing up somewhere in town everyday and my town is currently in december. if anyone can tell me why the snowballs did'nt show up today it would be really helpful.

Usually there should be. Just check thoroughly in case they might be behind some bushes, trees, pwps or other buildings because once I found a snowball behind a bush and it was really well concealed. And there's also those dung beetles that like to push the snowballs off cliffs. You can get them back again by just entering a building then going back out.

thank you P.K. i found them because when went to get the fossils assessed and came back they were there i was like where are these snowballs but thank you for telling where to look next time if i can't find them.

This may sound dumb, but I read somewhere that if you talk to a villager not in your own town that you could send them a letter. Can anyone confirm this?

If I remember correctly, the last time I played was the 23rd (today's the 29th). I may have restarted the game on the 23rd, so I'm not sure if the trick where you stop a villager and quit still works. Further, could I just TT back to yesterday to stop someone, would that work? Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly, the last time I played was the 23rd (today's the 29th). I may have restarted the game on the 23rd, so I'm not sure if the trick where you stop a villager and quit still works. Further, could I just TT back to yesterday to stop someone, would that work? Thanks in advance.

If you are refering to someone moving out and stopping them, if you dont and they set a moving date, tting back one day still counts as tting forward one day. Tting back 4000 days is like tting forward 1 day. So, if their packing up date is say 30th and they are supposed to tell you on the 29th but they dont and you tt backwards, they most likely will have moved out.

If you are refering to someone moving out and stopping them, if you dont and they set a moving date, tting back one day still counts as tting forward one day. Tting back 4000 days is like tting forward 1 day. So, if their packing up date is say 30th and they are supposed to tell you on the 29th but they dont and you tt backwards, they most likely will have moved out.
Hold on: Let me rephrase this since I'm missing something, that's not what I'm asking:

I last played on the 23rd. I haven't booted up the game since then. I think. (w/e Activity Log will fix that) However, I may have booted up the game once after that, but on the 23rd, and not any other day. My question is if the condition of a villager pinging the day you boot up your game that you get with the trick that I mentioned earlier will still apply, or it won't at all. And in the latter case, since I haven't booted up my game yet, can I TT back to yesterday and then stop someone, since the villager said they were going to move on the 28th? (Only one villager can move out at a time)

Also, (not to be a smartass, just an FYI), the only exception to the "x amount of days that you TT back is only one day" is the mechanic of villager boxing. If you TT back 4000 days, 4000 days will have been counted when factoring in when the villager will move, and therefore they will be gone. Everything else though, IIRC, follows the one day rule.

Back