• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I was timetravelling and thought I had checked all my villagers every day, then suddenly Punchy was in boxes :( Luckily, I have a second town I got him to move in to. But I really want him back, he's my favourite!
Do I have to wait till 16 villagers have moved to get him back?
And, when I eventually get him back to my main town - will he remember having lived there before or will it be like a new copy of him?

unfortunately you do have to wait for 16 villagers to move out

Last edited:
I was timetravelling and thought I had checked all my villagers every day, then suddenly Punchy was in boxes :( Luckily, I have a second town I got him to move in to. But I really want him back, he's my favourite!
And, when I eventually get him back to my main town - will he remember having lived there before or will it be like a new copy of him?

You will have to cycle 16 to get him to move back. And unfortunately he will not remember having lived there before.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know there are always tons of questions about TT but I've never done it and I'm nervous to so I'm looking for advice.

For ages I only had 9 villagers after my 10th moved, and yesterday I finally won a dreamie in a giveaway. I get on my game this morning as I always do, and as my life would have it, a 10th villager randomly plotted unexpectedly so now I don't have room for my dreamie.

I have a villager that planned to be in boxes on the 3rd. How can I TT these few days to get him out of my town to make the room for my dreamie without accidentally losing another villager in the process (I love most of my villagers and don't want one to move out by mistake). Also do I have to TT to the date the villager's plot would be totally gone or do I TT to the date he'd be in boxes? I just want to make sure I can still get my dreamie without losing anyone else or making a mistake.

Only one villager can move at a time.
As long as you are certain that is the day said villager will be in boxes you can TT without anyone else moving too.
You will need to TT to the day after they are to be in boxes for them to be completely gone if you want to pick up another villager.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do trees on the beach count towards the Perfect Town status?

Yes they do.

Yes, you have to go through 16 villagers to get him to come back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only one villager can move at a time.
As long as you are certain that is the day said villager will be in boxes you can TT without anyone else moving too.
You will need to TT to the day after they are to be in boxes for them to be completely gone if you want to pick up another villager.

But what if one pings me to move while I'm TT and I don't see it? Is this possible? I don't want to miss any possible pings and find out when it's too late that one of my favorites is in boxes later on.

No one else should ping to move if you already have a confirmation from a villager that is going to move and you said yes.
Unless you changed your mind and told the villager that is supposed to move on the 3rd to move than they will be the only one leave.
Only one villager will want to move at a time and no one else will ping to move until said villager leaves.

Yes, you have to go through 16 villagers to get him to come back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But what if one pings me to move while I'm TT and I don't see it? Is this possible? I don't want to miss any possible pings and find out when it's too late that one of my favorites is in boxes later on.
A villager will not be in boxes the day after another villager was in boxes. You can look for pings on the 4th.

I've been holding Yuka in boxes for someone for the past several days now, and just now when I went to go look at her house, it says she's moved out?

I'm confused... My game has been set to the 30th this entire time, and not once have I gone past/before 6am on any other day. No one else has been to my town. How did she move out? I'm so disappointed that I won't be able to give her to the person I've been holding her for and I don't even know how to explain it. :(

I've been holding Yuka in boxes for someone for the past several days now, and just now when I went to go look at her house, it says she's moved out?

I'm confused... My game has been set to the 30th this entire time, and not once have I gone past/before 6am on any other day. No one else has been to my town. How did she move out? I'm so disappointed that I won't be able to give her to the person I've been holding her for and I don't even know how to explain it. :(
When 2015 came around, did you remember to put the year back to 2014 on your 3DS clock?

But if you only have one ds, which copy is the one that is streetpassed?

I am assuming you mean which will get the showcase houses with Digby?
If so you talk to Dibgy and can choose which one will get the streetpass houses.
I have a digital and a physical copy.nthe digital being my first original town so I left all the streetpass showcase on that one and haven't played in some time.
When I started a new copy with a new town I couldn't access the showcase unless I turned it off in the other town.

Hope this helps.. ^__^

Thanks for clearing the 16 cycle up for me! :) figured out I'll let him go, as my sister said "it's called animal crossing, not animal staying for ever and ever and ever"

Probably an obvious answer to this, but can fossils and art from other towns be donated to my museum? Thanks :)

For the time travelers with both physical and digital:

IF YOU: Set the 3DS time back, say, 3 days and play your physical copy only before jumping back forward to the present date, will this affect your digital copy? You never opened it, so I don't see why it would. Same as if you TTed for another game and never opened ACNL at all?

I only have a physical copy. Just curious though.

Back