• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Hold on: Let me rephrase this since I'm missing something, that's not what I'm asking:

I last played on the 23rd. I haven't booted up the game since then. I think. (w/e Activity Log will fix that) However, I may have booted up the game once after that, but on the 23rd, and not any other day. My question is if the condition of a villager pinging the day you boot up your game that you get with the trick that I mentioned earlier will still apply, or it won't at all. And in the latter case, since I haven't booted up my game yet, can I TT back to yesterday and then stop someone, since the villager said they were going to move on the 28th? (Only one villager can move out at a time)

Also, (not to be a smartass, just an FYI), the only exception to the "x amount of days that you TT back is only one day" is the mechanic of villager boxing. If you TT back 4000 days, 4000 days will have been counted when factoring in when the villager will move, and therefore they will be gone. Everything else though, IIRC, follows the one day rule.

Hm.. I think so. If the date was set then I am assuming you can. I have done that sometimes and lost villagers but it could be a coincidenxe

Excuse me if this question has been asked before, but I have a question about getting a digital copy of ACNL. I already have a physical copy of the game but I want to download a digital copy to get a second town. If I get the digital copy, will it have my physical copy's data on it?

Excuse me if this question has been asked before, but I have a question about getting a digital copy of ACNL. I already have a physical copy of the game but I want to download a digital copy to get a second town. If I get the digital copy, will it have my physical copy's data on it?

No, they are separate. You'll be able to have two towns, but to trade of visit between them, you'll need to place the physical cartridge in another 3DS. Also be aware that changing the time via the system clock will affect both towns.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you change the time on your 3DS and play your physical copy only before turning the time back to normal, will this have any affect on a digital copy if it was never opened? Or will it be as if the time never changed? Just out of curiosity for those time travelers with both digital and physical.

If I remember correctly, the last time I played was the 23rd (today's the 29th). I may have restarted the game on the 23rd, so I'm not sure if the trick where you stop a villager and quit still works. Further, could I just TT back to yesterday to stop someone, would that work? Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure the rule still applies even when you've restarted the game the same day you stopped someone from moving. As far as I know, the only way a villiager can move out during a break is when a villager was already thinking of moving when you stopped playing. But you stopped a villager, and it's impossible for another villager to start thinking of moving on the same day you stopped a villager. So even though you may have played on that same day after you stopped someone from moving, the game still didn't generate a new thinking-of-moving villager.

Ugh, I hope that made sense. tl;dr: I'm pretty sure you're safe.

Yuka will be in boxes on the 3rd. What is the safest way to TT her into boxes? Can I go one day forward, one day back until she's in boxes so I don't have to TT over the new year(a fear of mine)? Also, since I have 9 villagers, is it possible I could get a random move-in between now and the day she's in boxes?

Yuka will be in boxes on the 3rd. What is the safest way to TT her into boxes? Can I go one day forward, one day back until she's in boxes so I don't have to TT over the new year(a fear of mine)? Also, since I have 9 villagers, is it possible I could get a random move-in between now and the day she's in boxes?

You may go one day forward and one day back because what matters is the NUMBER of days to their moving date and not the actual date itself. I have heard that it is possible to get a 10th villager that is a random move-in but it is VERY rare but since Yuka is going to be moving out, you won't have any. I suppose just be careful with streetpass villagers or voided ones if you plan on doing a trade or anything.

If there is a limit on the amount of bushes and trees that you can plant that connect, does the same thing apply with bushes growing in a chain with bamboo?

If there is a limit on the amount of bushes and trees that you can plant that connect, does the same thing apply with bushes growing in a chain with bamboo?

http://animal-xing-3ds.livejournal.com/126262.html

http://animal-xing-3ds.livejournal.com/126850.html

The above links are super helpful when it comes to landscaping. In short, the limit is 12 INCLUDING any bushes or trees touching diagonally. Plus a 7x7 area limit of 15 plants, I think. Most importantly, cascade your planting. Left to right or north to south. Just remember, if you have a tree in the middle of a 5x5 or 7x7 and cut it down, you won't be able to plant another until you open up space on a side. Particularly cumbersome if you have a dead perfect tree.

I had a question about items left on the ground.

My friend was moving out of her town so she came to mine to put the items she wanted to keep in my town square.
LO AND BEHOLD it's New Years today and Isabelle and Redd are parked right on top of some of the items.

I've heard the items go into the Police Station, but my police station is also full right now. Are those items gone forever or will they show up again tomorrow after I pick the station clean?

EDIT: Also, if I decide to leave the game without saving and not show up for the events for New Years, will the items still be intact as if nothing happened?

Last edited:
How could I change my game's language? My box says I can play the game in french, and I'd just like to try it out. :>

I had a question about items left on the ground.

My friend was moving out of her town so she came to mine to put the items she wanted to keep in my town square.
LO AND BEHOLD it's New Years today and Isabelle and Redd are parked right on top of some of the items.

I've heard the items go into the Police Station, but my police station is also full right now. Are those items gone forever or will they show up again tomorrow after I pick the station clean?

EDIT: Also, if I decide to leave the game without saving and not show up for the events for New Years, will the items still be intact as if nothing happened?
Even if you do not log in for New Year's, the events will still have happened and the items will still be missing. I am not sure how to recover the items; I don't know whether or not they will be available in the Police Station if your Police Station is full.

How could I change my game's language? My box says I can play the game in french, and I'd just like to try it out. :>
Go into Settings on your 3DS Home page and change the language. It will change your Animal Crossing language accordingly. :)

Last edited:
Hello.

Recently, I bought my second copy of ACNL. Since then, I've figured out that I'd rather use my own cycling town to fill my main one with my dreamies than deal with the dramas of selling and giveaways and auctions, yadda yadda.

I already have one dreamie in my town (Julian). I got a second (Roscoe) the first time I did this, which was make a new town, wait until I got one that had my dreamie in it originally. I'd time skip around until it was filled with 9, skip four days, and then TT day by day until it said he was in boxes. (Also, and this WORKS by the way, so don't tell me it's my issue -- I introduce myself to him since I want him to move out first, but I never speak to him again while I still converse with the other villagers. It gives him no needed factor and he was indeed the one who was in boxes first, so this is how I knew he'd be the first to go.)

So I successfully did him, and then erased that town and skipped through again until I found another dreamie -- Mitzi. I did the same thing, but then day by day by day (for 2 TT'ed months!) NOBODY moved out!!! I got frustrated and started over again, and I'm on my second (failed?) attempt with a town with Fauna in it. I can't get ANYONE to move out.

Do you know how to fix this issue? Please give me advice!

Thanks,

illuminati

Hello.

Recently, I bought my second copy of ACNL. Since then, I've figured out that I'd rather use my own cycling town to fill my main one with my dreamies than deal with the dramas of selling and giveaways and auctions, yadda yadda.

I already have one dreamie in my town (Julian). I got a second (Roscoe) the first time I did this, which was make a new town, wait until I got one that had my dreamie in it originally. I'd time skip around until it was filled with 9, skip four days, and then TT day by day until it said he was in boxes. (Also, and this WORKS by the way, so don't tell me it's my issue -- I introduce myself to him since I want him to move out first, but I never speak to him again while I still converse with the other villagers. It gives him no needed factor and he was indeed the one who was in boxes first, so this is how I knew he'd be the first to go.)

So I successfully did him, and then erased that town and skipped through again until I found another dreamie -- Mitzi. I did the same thing, but then day by day by day (for 2 TT'ed months!) NOBODY moved out!!! I got frustrated and started over again, and I'm on my second (failed?) attempt with a town with Fauna in it. I can't get ANYONE to move out.

Do you know how to fix this issue? Please give me advice!

Thanks,

illuminati

Sometimes its just pure luck! When i started my cycling town I tted 2 days forward and 1 day back, without tting just one day ahead or only one day back. It took SOOOO long to get somebody to move, but eventually somebody pinged. Once somebody is in boxes you can follow the foolproof villager method of cycling. This is where you tt 1 year ahead, save, then tt another year ahead, save, then tt 5 days ahead. This will result in another villager in boxes. Meaning if you have fauna and like blaire in your town, blaire might go into boxes but after doing the cycling method, fauna should too.

Example:
October 5 2015: Villager in boxes
October 5 2016: Villager is gone
October 5 2017: Nothing
October 10 2017: another villager in boxes + new villager

NO VILLAGERS MOVE WHILE DOING THIS. They only go into boxes!

Hopefully this is helpful to you! Remember, getting a villager into boxes can sometimes be a matter of luck!

- - - Post Merge - - -

By the way, you can talk to villagers with this method and they move too

If I do not play acnl for like 2 weeks someone can move right? But if I change the date of my ds to the date where I last played (after 2 weeks of not-playing to -> 2 weeks before) or so and remove the game card in between the 2 weeks is there a chance of someone moving? I just thought of that method but not sure if it works. I'm kinda afraid of someone moving when I've got no time to play so..

If I do not play acnl for like 2 weeks someone can move right? But if I change the date of my ds to the date where I last played (after 2 weeks of not-playing to -> 2 weeks before) or so and remove the game card in between the 2 weeks is there a chance of someone moving? I just thought of that method but not sure if it works. I'm kinda afraid of someone moving when I've got no time to play so..

Removing the game card has nothing to do with a villager moving or not.

If you want to take a break from your game you have two options.
1. You remember the last time you played(like you mentioned) and TT back to that day and play as normal.
2. Save on a day you tell a villager not to move. No one will move until you start playing again. You can go months without playing and no one will leave. The day you start up again someone will want to move so keep an eye out.

I know there are always tons of questions about TT but I've never done it and I'm nervous to so I'm looking for advice.

For ages I only had 9 villagers after my 10th moved, and yesterday I finally won a dreamie in a giveaway. I get on my game this morning as I always do, and as my life would have it, a 10th villager randomly plotted unexpectedly so now I don't have room for my dreamie.

I have a villager that planned to be in boxes on the 3rd. How can I TT these few days to get him out of my town to make the room for my dreamie without accidentally losing another villager in the process (I love most of my villagers and don't want one to move out by mistake). Also do I have to TT to the date the villager's plot would be totally gone or do I TT to the date he'd be in boxes? I just want to make sure I can still get my dreamie without losing anyone else or making a mistake.

I was timetravelling and thought I had checked all my villagers every day, then suddenly Punchy was in boxes :( Luckily, I have a second town I got him to move in to. But I really want him back, he's my favourite!
Do I have to wait till 16 villagers have moved to get him back?
And, when I eventually get him back to my main town - will he remember having lived there before or will it be like a new copy of him?

Back