• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

When 2015 came around, did you remember to put the year back to 2014 on your 3DS clock?
No, but nothing else in my town was affected. I have no weeds and my villagers/Isabelle didn't act like I was gone for a long time.

Is it possible that she was "voided" to another person's town if I went over someone's town to trade? I didn't think that could happen until after the villager was gone...

Do some fossils only show up certain times of the year? It seems like every day I bring in fossils to asses, my museum already has them and I'm still missing quite a few fossils. Is it just rotten luck?

Do some fossils only show up certain times of the year? It seems like every day I bring in fossils to asses, my museum already has them and I'm still missing quite a few fossils. Is it just rotten luck?
There is no cycle or pattern to their appearance, it's just random luck. It took me over half a year I think before my last fossil showed up!

There is no cycle or pattern to their appearance, it's just random luck. It took me over half a year I think before my last fossil showed up!

Yikes, okay. I guess I just have rotten luck. At least you can sell them.

For the time travelers with both physical and digital:

IF YOU: Set the 3DS time back, say, 3 days and play your physical copy only before jumping back forward to the present date, will this affect your digital copy? You never opened it, so I don't see why it would. Same as if you TTed for another game and never opened ACNL at all?

I only have a physical copy. Just curious though.

The game only cares what the clock is when you load it up. As long as you set the time back before loading the digital copy, it won't even know it had been changed for the physical copy.

Source: on one of my 3DSes, I have a physical and a digital copy

As far as I'm aware, there is no sure way to know if your void is clear or not besides having the villager(s) in your void move in to someone's town. I've heard cases that some people give their void to someone else despite visiting other towns beforehand (the towns they visited were full towns, and the one that got the void has free space) so at this point I'm not sure. Just try to avoid visiting towns with free space if you have someone in your void, or try visiting full towns and hope it clears it.

Also bumping this thread cause people keep posting thread asking simple questions instead of posting it here :(

has anyone found a definite answer to this? >:

Does the grass deterioration your town comes with ever go away? Some spots I've been watering flowers on daily and it never seems to disappear whereas spots around pwps and such goes away within a week or so.

Does the grass deterioration your town comes with ever go away? Some spots I've been watering flowers on daily and it never seems to disappear whereas spots around pwps and such goes away within a week or so.
There are dirt spots, which are permanent, and then there's grass deterioration, which will fade with time. The dirt spots that your town comes with will never go away, but grass deterioration from running or from destroyed/moved buildings and PWPs will go away with time. I believe these dirt spots are for making your snowballs smaller in winter so that you can create whatever snowman you want no matter how far away your snowballs are from each other; I'm not sure if it has any other purpose.

There are dirt spots, which are permanent, and then there's grass deterioration, which will fade with time. The dirt spots that your town comes with will never go away, but grass deterioration from running or from destroyed/moved buildings and PWPs will go away with time. I believe these dirt spots are for making your snowballs smaller in winter so that you can create whatever snowman you want no matter how far away your snowballs are from each other; I'm not sure if it has any other purpose.

Oh really, so they're different? Ugh that really stinks, I have TONS of them and I try to cover them up but some are in really bad spots where I can't hide them with trees or anything and flowers just don't do the job of covering them. I'll have to get creative with pwps to cover them up then, I suppose. I hope in the next AC they won't be a thing because they look terrible.

I have a question about Club Tortimer. I blocked someone online, but then didn't let me leave. I eventually disconnected, which means I didn't get to save my progress. If I or someone else disconnects is it possible I'll see them again or does it still block them?

Is it supposed to be this difficult to get bingo or am I having bad luck? I haven't had a bingo with two characters all winter. Here I thought I'd collect the ski set, but I haven't gotten a single piece. :(

Capture.jpgbbbbb.jpg
(The red ones were just punched a minute ago, but I'm too lazy to take more screenshots.)

Last edited:
Oh really, so they're different? Ugh that really stinks, I have TONS of them and I try to cover them up but some are in really bad spots where I can't hide them with trees or anything and flowers just don't do the job of covering them. I'll have to get creative with pwps to cover them up then, I suppose. I hope in the next AC they won't be a thing because they look terrible.

Just in case, assuming you're in winter, just stay off the spots and let it snow on them. I had nothing but dirt under my paths, but after a couple of days of snow, my paths all crunch and raise white snow puffs when I run on them. The snow really gets rid of grass deterioration quick.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a question about Club Tortimer. I blocked someone online, but then didn't let me leave. I eventually disconnected, which means I didn't get to save my progress. If I or someone else disconnects is it possible I'll see them again or does it still block them?

No, they're not blocked if you didn't save. Chances are, you won't see them again. If you do, you should try to block and leave before they can stop you.

Why are all my cedar saplings dying? ;~;
I have them planted in good spots where trees can grow..

Why are all my cedar saplings dying? ;~;
I have them planted in good spots where trees can grow..

Are you planting them in the south part of your town?
Cedars only grow in the north.

Or perhaps you have too many trees and bushes planted in the area.

If I fill a closet with items and give it to another player, will this player get the items I put inside the closet?

If I fill a closet with items and give it to another player, will this player get the items I put inside the closet?

if that was the case then trades n stuff would be a LOT easier.
that closet, when opened by them, will have all the items from their storage

Back