• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is the 9th villager always a random personality type?
It is weighted towards villagers of personality types you are missing in your town, but I BELIEVE it is also possible to randomly get personality types you already have.

It is weighted towards villagers of personality types you are missing in your town, but I BELIEVE it is also possible to randomly get personality types you already have.

You also don't seem to get a personality that just left. So if you just had a normal villager leave, you probably ain't getting a normal move-in. I say probably because it seems to happen the majority of the time and has been my personal experience as well.

When plot resetting, do your answers have any bearing on where the plot may be? I think they don't and it's a paranoid suspicion, but I worry about whether I encourage Rover to sit down or not, if I use caps in my random name, etc. :eek:

Hey folks. Just a quick silly question. I've been playing animal crossing for years and new leaf since February of 2014. Today was the FIRST day this happened and I suppose I am curious if this villager "errand" happens to you guys more often. I went to hoppers house and he said he meant to meet up with Agnes but couldn't leave the house. He asked if I could find her. So I went back outside, found her and she followed me back to his house. She stepped inside, essentially said "what do you want" and Hopper broke the news to her that her favourite band split up. It was so odd!! She said something like "oh they always do that" and left his house and I got a simple love seat from him.

Like, how could I have gone 11 months without having this interaction happen before?

Suppppeeer random, sorry.

I've done that type of errand a couple of times in the two months I've been playing this game. I guess it's pretty random.

I've seen it. It's fairly rare, I guess. Seeing them sitting inside their homes is pretty rare, too.

When plot resetting, do your answers have any bearing on where the plot may be? I think they don't and it's a paranoid suspicion, but I worry about whether I encourage Rover to sit down or not, if I use caps in my random name, etc. :eek:

There's no proof supporting this, but it's too hard to test. Really, the answer is no.

Is it possible to move my mayors house? Or if I make a new character, can I delete my mayor without deleting my town, and have the new guy become mayor?

If someone is ill, does that mean anyone is moving out?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is it possible to move my mayors house? Or if I make a new character, can I delete my mayor without deleting my town, and have the new guy become mayor?

No. Delete the mayor, and the entire town is gone. You cannot switch characters into mayor status, sadly.

This is probably a dumb question and maybe I just haven't paid proper attention but...

Does it cost more to expand/add rooms to a second character's house? I feel like my other player's house costs a lot more to upgrade than mine does, but it just could be me not paying attention.

This is probably a dumb question and maybe I just haven't paid proper attention but...

Does it cost more to expand/add rooms to a second character's house? I feel like my other player's house costs a lot more to upgrade than mine does, but it just could be me not paying attention.
I'm working on my third character now, and the costs seem to be the same as they were for the mayor.

No, it costs the same:)

If someone is ill, does that mean anyone is moving out?

Yes, someone can be considering a move while a villager is sick. But you won't hear any moving rumors while said villager is sick. You can either:

1) Give them medicine for 3 days straight and try and check each villager for moving pings individually until you can have rumors again.
2) Save & quit. TT back any amount of time (I go an hour just because it's easy to do without messing up), save & quit again. Reset to your normal play time. Villager should no longer be sick.

Does Katie disappear if you save & quit your game? I was playing during a car ride earlier today but obviously couldn't drop her off at anyone's town since I wasn't home. A little while ago I started up the game and I've looked all over the town but she isn't here anymore. Do you only get one chance to take her to another town while she's in yours (just for the day she appears, not for forever) or she just leaves once you quit the game?

Does Katie disappear if you save & quit your game? I was playing during a car ride earlier today but obviously couldn't drop her off at anyone's town since I wasn't home. A little while ago I started up the game and I've looked all over the town but she isn't here anymore. Do you only get one chance to take her to another town while she's in yours (just for the day she appears, not for forever) or she just leaves once you quit the game?

I've had her stay after I saved and quit before. Have you tried calling her with the megaphone?

Last edited:
Back