• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

So when I go to my friend's town to ask a villager to move into my town, the option to ask them to move into my town never appears. I've talked to the villager like more than 20 times but the option still never comes up, I have 9 villagers in my town and I've never had Lucky/Rudy before ever and I don't cycle. Could someone please help?

Are you sure you didn't pick up a voided villager and their plot is down? Did you ask someone to move from the campsite and they agreed but haven't moved in yet? Those are the only things I can think of that prevent someone from agreeing to move in (other than the things you listed). Also, just to be sure, the last person to move out doesn't still have their house in town, I would assume?

Yes, someone can be considering a move while a villager is sick. But you won't hear any moving rumors while said villager is sick. You can either:

1) Give them medicine for 3 days straight and try and check each villager for moving pings individually until you can have rumors again.
2) Save & quit. TT back any amount of time (I go an hour just because it's easy to do without messing up), save & quit again. Reset to your normal play time. Villager should no longer be sick.

I'll try number two then. Thanks!

Edit: it didn't work...hm...

Last edited:
I'll try number two then. Thanks!

Edit: it didn't work...hm...

Really it didn't? Weird...I always do that to clear up any sick villagers I have. Did it just this week sometime. D:

Can someone else confirm they've done this so I know I'm not crazy?: TT backwards, then forwards to normal time to eliminate sick villagers. Does it work, or is my game just weird?

Really it didn't? Weird...I always do that to clear up any sick villagers I have. Did it just this week sometime. D:

Can someone else confirm they've done this so I know I'm not crazy?: TT backwards, then forwards to normal time to eliminate sick villagers. Does it work, or is my game just weird?

It doesn't have to be just backwards, TTing any amount within the same day should end the villager being sick. One time all it took for me was just saving and quitting.

Do you not get a tan on the international island?

theres no reason as to why you wouldnt............... has to be during the day when the suns out tho + make sure you dont have parasols, hats or eye/facewear on

When plot resetting, do your answers have any bearing on where the plot may be? I think they don't and it's a paranoid suspicion, but I worry about whether I encourage Rover to sit down or not, if I use caps in my random name, etc. :eek:

no thats ridiculous why would that have to do with anything

Is there a guide to town tree stages that isn't based on the amount of leaf bunches it has? It's kinda unhelpful when you're in the dead of winter.

Oh, I should mention: It's not the first day.

New plan: Can I just TT 6 days forward to see if I have a mover on the system, start a new file, and then figure out who's moving from there?

Last edited:
Does it count against perfect town if you leave things like bush starts on the ground? I have tons because I'm collecting them but I don't have room in my pockets anymore. If I dropped them all over the beach would it count against me?

Does it count against perfect town if you leave things like bush starts on the ground? I have tons because I'm collecting them but I don't have room in my pockets anymore. If I dropped them all over the beach would it count against me?

Yes it counts against perfect town status:(

Last edited:
I need to move a villager out, and I think I rejected Blaires request to move out one or two days ago. How many days should I tt so another villager can ping to move out? Theres like. 50/50 balance in my town for people I want to keep or move out. I only want them to ping so I can see who to move out. I need to do this to obtain a dream villager.

Hey, so I'm kind of frustrated right now... I have been plot resetting about three times now, and each time the plot keeps on popping up in the same location. It hasn't moved at all... =/... I just want to know, how many times would you need to plot reset so that the plot moves to a different location? This is so frustrating as I don't want the plot to be right in front of my mayor's house >_<...

I need to move a villager out, and I think I rejected Blaires request to move out one or two days ago. How many days should I tt so another villager can ping to move out? Theres like. 50/50 balance in my town for people I want to keep or move out. I only want them to ping so I can see who to move out. I need to do this to obtain a dream villager.

Around 1-3 days I think? I just TT day-by-day until a rumor comes up or one of them pings me. The chance is higher if you have a full town.

Hey, so I'm kind of frustrated right now... I have been plot resetting about three times now, and each time the plot keeps on popping up in the same location. It hasn't moved at all... =/... I just want to know, how many times would you need to plot reset so that the plot moves to a different location? This is so frustrating as I don't want the plot to be right in front of my mayor's house >_<...

It depends on your luck. Just keep trying patiently. Hopefully you haven't accidentally started the game with your existing character?

Last edited:
No, haven't started up on existing character... the plot finally moved to a more decent location, but now i can't place down my house so i can save the plots spot OTL... everywhere i go, not enough room

No, haven't started up on existing character... the plot finally moved to a more decent location, but now i can't place down my house so i can save the plots spot OTL... everywhere i go, not enough room

Nooo I'm sure there are some spots where you can place your house D: I'm not sure if it's save but, if your last save file is yesterday (before the villager moves in), you can demolish a PWP for a day so you can place the extra's house?

I'm so sad. My sister sneaked on to my 3DS and TTed by accident. Beau has left and I was wondering if I can buy him again from a different person in town? D';

I TT ahead a year (on the day someone was stopped from moving!) and immediately quit and TT back to the present. Someone will always be moving, but it will be four days instead of five because of moving back to the present. I haven't seen any ill effects, but you'll want Beautiful ordinance.

Are snowboys less lenient on what they consider perfect compared to the other snowpeople? I've been having trouble with them for the past two weeks.

Back