• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I need to move a villager out, and I think I rejected Blaires request to move out one or two days ago. How many days should I tt so another villager can ping to move out? Theres like. 50/50 balance in my town for people I want to keep or move out. I only want them to ping so I can see who to move out. I need to do this to obtain a dream villager.

It depends, two days is usually the minimum. You can try to TT into the future as your mayor (if you've just rejected a request, nobody will move out no matter how far you time travel), save and quit. Then time travel a year ahead as a new character, check if anyone's missing from the map, and quit without saving. Go back to the last date you played as your mayor and the villager who was missing from the map in the future will ping you (if they don't immediately ping you, talk to them like half a dozen times, save, quit, reload, and go talk to them again... keep doing that until they ask you to move). You can keep doing that year by year until the villager you want to get rid of moves out; I can explain the method I use in more detail if you're interested.

It's that time of month! My current theme is purpleish blue. Feel free to give me tips and tell me what you think:

dc: 5300.3390.1320

If I pop one of the balloon presents and it falls underneath a path, will it show up in my police station eventually or is it gone for good?

Question about town hall/train station remodeling projects!

If I remodel to one of the fancy remodels, then remodel again back to the default, will I be able to select a new roof colour/will give me a random one or will I be stuck with the original colour? Anyone tested that before?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and

zlCfzS4RWpItESulYq

why this bush keeps dying? I have one on the exactly same spot on the other side of Re-Tail, and it grew fine. There's a 1x1 space around it (represented by the hole)

I'm confused about a move out date. Leonardo pinged me and said he was moving on the 16th. This was as my mayor. He pinged my secondary character later on and said he was moving on the 17th. Which date is it really then?

I'm confused about a move out date. Leonardo pinged me and said he was moving on the 16th. This was as my mayor. He pinged my secondary character later on and said he was moving on the 17th. Which date is it really then?

I didn't know they could ping multiple characters, my villagers only ever ping the first playable character they see. Did you save after answering as your mayor? The wording of what they say can also make dates seem different, so he could have said he'd be gone on the 17th and moving out on the 16th (which would make sense)... I think the best way to check is to set your 3DS date to each one of those dates and use a new character to check if he'll be gone.

This is probably a silly question, but here goes: I bought a second cartridge of ACNL and I'd like to start a cycling town with it. If I cycle on the second cart will it affect my first cart? As long as I go back to the time I was playing on the first cart, the first cart shouldn't be affected right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Appreciate any insight c:

This is probably a silly question, but here goes: I bought a second cartridge of ACNL and I'd like to start a cycling town with it. If I cycle on the second cart will it affect my first cart? As long as I go back to the time I was playing on the first cart, the first cart shouldn't be affected right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

just change the time in-game? i never understood why people would change their 3ds time, i never saw any advantage on that

I didn't know they could ping multiple characters, my villagers only ever ping the first playable character they see. Did you save after answering as your mayor? The wording of what they say can also make dates seem different, so he could have said he'd be gone on the 17th and moving out on the 16th (which would make sense)... I think the best way to check is to set your 3DS date to each one of those dates and use a new character to check if he'll be gone.

Yep, I always save after playing as my mayor. He did ask both my mayor and secondary character about moving though (and I said yes on both cause I want him out) but said different dates. I don't TT in my game so I suppose I'll just wait and see which date he's in boxes.

just change the time in-game? i never understood why people would change their 3ds time, i never saw any advantage on that

Depends on what you want to do. If I want to jump ahead a few weeks just to make sure nobody is thinking of moving, I have to use the 3DS time. If I were to use Isabelle, setting the time would load up my village and the mover would be gone.

Depends on what you want to do. If I want to jump ahead a few weeks just to make sure nobody is thinking of moving, I have to use the 3DS time. If I were to use Isabelle, setting the time would load up my village and the mover would be gone.

ooh, I see, so when you need to change the time and create a new save at the same time

thank you for the info! (-:

also reposting because no one answered them:

Question about town hall/train station remodeling projects!

If I remodel to one of the fancy remodels, then remodel again back to the default, will I be able to select a new roof colour/will give me a random one or will I be stuck with the original colour? Anyone tested that before?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and

zlCfzS4RWpItESulYq

why this bush keeps dying? I have one on the exactly same spot on the other side of Re-Tail, and it grew fine. There's a 1x1 space around it (represented by the hole)

nooo don't feel dumb!!!! i never really could understand, some people would even say it was better to use the 3ds time but... i never could really see any advantages haha

Haha I don't think there are any xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does anyone know if my Mayor needs to be out of a tent and have a development permit before villagers will start to move out? I'm trying to get a villager into boxes in my cycling town and no one wants to move!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Never mind! Knox just requested to leave c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

It should be fine as long as you remember to change the time, yes (as far as the advantages go, I tend to use the time on my 3DS because it's easier to keep track that way, especially when you're doing something that requires starting up as a new character). When I'm playing other games at the same time as time travelling on ACNL, I change the date back to the present and change it back to what it was in ACNL before playing it and I've never had a problem with that.

Back