• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I went down into the Reset Center thinking it was time for Resetti himself to give me his picture instead of Don, but it's Don again saying the same kind of dialog he gave me after he gave me his pic. What's the deal?

Question about town hall/train station remodeling projects!

If I remodel to one of the fancy remodels, then remodel again back to the default, will I be able to select a new roof colour/will give me a random one or will I be stuck with the original colour? Anyone tested that before?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and

zlCfzS4RWpItESulYq

why this bush keeps dying? I have one on the exactly same spot on the other side of Re-Tail, and it grew fine. There's a 1x1 space around it (represented by the hole)

You can just switch back to the original station design. You don't get to choose the roof.

I have a bush in that exact spot so it should be possible. Ettienne is our resident bush expert. Maybe she can offer an explanation.

You can just switch back to the original station design. You don't get to choose the roof.

I have a bush in that exact spot so it should be possible. Ettienne is our resident bush expert. Maybe she can offer an explanation.

I know you can change back, but my question really was if the colour will be the same as the one you started with. I have the red one right now, and really want the green one. Sorry, my wording is sometimes weird, english isn't my first language haha

That bush hates me ): I couldn't come up with any explanation of why it was dying sigh

Are all DLCs reordable? I want to have some but don't know if I can just catalog them from another person or have to get them otherwise...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know you can change back, but my question really was if the colour will be the same as the one you started with.

Yep, you get the red one but no other color to choose. Like the townhall renovation too.... But hey, I want a blue one but have a green one. Nothing's perfect ;)

Last edited:
Are all DLCs reordable? I want to have some but don't know if I can just catalog them from another person or have to get them otherwise...

Not all of them. Some of them are. I'd like to point out MoriDB, you can see what's catalog orderable and what's not. Look for the book sign.

I wouldn't say that. BUT.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Question about town hall/train station remodeling projects!

If I remodel to one of the fancy remodels, then remodel again back to the default, will I be able to select a new roof colour/will give me a random one or will I be stuck with the original colour? Anyone tested that before?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and

zlCfzS4RWpItESulYq

why this bush keeps dying? I have one on the exactly same spot on the other side of Re-Tail, and it grew fine. There's a 1x1 space around it (represented by the hole)

There's nothing in my list of bush theories and rules to explain this, other than my own theory: It's Re-Tail, not your bush. Did you know there are 3 different varieties of the area surrounding the building? Each comes with a different amount and shape of cobblestone, as well as ponds and rocks. (Mine has a small round pond to the bottom left with a rock to the right of the pond.) You have a rock behind your pond, and the pond is L-shaped, yes? I'm wondering what type Ras has to compare.

Unless you have:
1) 15+ plants in a 7x7 space (which from your picture is impossible)
2) 12+ plants in a row (see above note)

I can't see any other reason, and refuse to believe it's a dead spot. I honestly believe it's something to do with Re-Tail and its awkward shape, but after much searching, I haven't been able to find any evidence to support this. We'd need someone with the same Re-Tail variety as yours to test it.

Well, I was wrong. It looked like my bush was in that spot, but it is one spot lower. I think now that I tried to plant a bush there and couldn't. I have the exact same cobblestone pattern, and my bush is next to that small cobblestone and not the dirt patch.

My pond looks to be in the same spot and it's more kind of I-shaped. It's north-to-south with a bigger pool at the top connected to a smaller pool at the bottom. My train tracks are a space behind Re-Tail, and the associated rock is six steps below the cobblestones on the far left. I'd post a picture instead of describing, but my Miiverse account is linked to my other 3DS and I don't want to take out the SD card right now.

zlCfzS4RWpItESulYq

Bushes need to be at least two spaces away from the front of a building, and that spot is only one space away, since Re-Tail extends one space further to the right than the cobblestone does. (At least, that's the explanation I came up with when I tried and failed to plant a bush there a while ago, and my cobblestone is the same shape as yours)

Last edited:
Whoa, thank you everyone! I didn't know about the different shapes, so that might be it. My pond looks like a kidney/peanut haha I think it's the same as Ras, the bottom part is smaller too!

What bothered me was the fact that I could plant a bush on the same spot on the other side, but the cobblestone area might explain that. I also don't believe in dead spots so...

Well, I'll landscape differently, no worries, thank you all for the answers, y'all so smart ;_;

And I think I'll just use the Zen remodels. Not what I wanted but... they kindaaaaa fit the theme of a forest? Very mononoke hime inspired but whatever, I'll work with it haha

I'm glad we got the problem sorted out! Sometimes it just takes a few people to get it right. Yay, TBT peeps! :D

hopefully this is the right place to ask, but for anyone that uses tumblr to post image screenshots- does anyone know why nintendo disabled the ability to log into tumblr from your 3ds?

you can only post to twitter and facebook now, and i'm really bummed! i can't figure out how to upload screenshots from my 3ds on to my tumblr, besides just taking out the SD card and putting it in my computer which is a pain in the butt. are they going to bring that feature back, i wonder? for those of you that use tumblr, how are you posting images?

hopefully this is the right place to ask, but for anyone that uses tumblr to post image screenshots- does anyone know why nintendo disabled the ability to log into tumblr from your 3ds?

you can only post to twitter and facebook now, and i'm really bummed! i can't figure out how to upload screenshots from my 3ds on to my tumblr, besides just taking out the SD card and putting it in my computer which is a pain in the butt. are they going to bring that feature back, i wonder? for those of you that use tumblr, how are you posting images?

Most people use Miiverse to post screenshots and according to others, they're more hd than using the L+R method.
Here's a guide.

I used to use the L+R buttons but switched to miiverse for better quality. :) I find it easier than taking out the SD card and transferring on the computer. Miiverse takes a while to load though but yea

Will my turnips rot if I visit a time traveler's town? I TT on one town, but not on the other. Wanted to visit my main's Shampoodle as I haven't unlocked it on my side town, but I'm afraid of having my turnips rot.

Will my turnips rot if I visit a time traveler's town? I TT on one town, but not on the other. Wanted to visit my main's Shampoodle as I haven't unlocked it on my side town, but I'm afraid of having my turnips rot.
No they wont. As long as you dont tt with the town where you bought turnips with its fine. I've traded with people in diff times from mine and my turnips were okay When I got back to my town.

Last edited:
I need some help identifying some items. Specifically, the laptop (that looks like an old imac) and the bookshelf next to it:
tumblr_nfq8dfe9js1twxq5po1_400.png

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back