• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

If no one is in boxes today, and tomorrow I load up a new character and find someone in boxes, can I set my 3DS clock back one day to reverse it?

If no one is in boxes today, and tomorrow I load up a new character and find someone in boxes, can I set my 3DS clock back one day to reverse it?

Yes you can:) Just don`t load an existing character.

Last edited:
What does it mean when a villager asks me to come over at a certain time, and I show up and he's not home? I found him wandering around nearby and he said he had something else really important to do.

What does it mean when a villager asks me to come over at a certain time, and I show up and he's not home? I found him wandering around nearby and he said he had something else really important to do.

Could be that they forgot about the meeting or cancelled it (my lazy villagers do it all the time).

If you talk with them and don't see an option for the reminder -- something like "Can you repeat that again?" -- then you don't have to worry about it.

Last edited:
If I put a qr pattern on furniture and delete the qr, will it still show on the furniture or will it turn white?

If I put a qr pattern on furniture and delete the qr, will it still show on the furniture or will it turn white?

It will turn white. Cyrus states that when you replace the QR pattern, the new pattern will take it's place on the furniture. Same thing can be applied when deleting the pattern.

It will turn white. Cyrus states that when you replace the QR pattern, the new pattern will take it's place on the furniture. Same thing can be applied when deleting the pattern.

Aw, okay. So many QRs and not enough slots :(

Could be that they forgot about the meeting or cancelled it (my lazy villagers do it all the time).

If you talk with them and don't see an option for the reminder -- something like "Can you repeat that again?" -- then you don't have to worry about it.

I guess he cancelled it, because there were only 2 options. I had never had any villager do that before, so I was surprised. Thanks!

Last edited:
Question, when your upgrading your shops and have to "spend x amount in said shop" and wait x amount of days to upgrade, is it just the money spent on your own shops that counts or does the money spent in other peoples towns count towards it aswell ?

Thankyou :)

why do we call towns 'towns' and villagers 'villagers' i mean why not town and townies or village and villagers

"bad" public works don't necessarily make it impossible for a perfect town, right? just that you need to add more in some other way to compensate for it.

i.e illuminated items are bad for the nature aspect, trash can reduces it overall, etc

Last edited:
"bad" public works don't necessarily make it impossible for a perfect town, right? just that you need to add more in some other way to compensate for it.

Nope. I have illuminated projects in my town and I still have a perfect town.

How does one get the Emporium? I know it has something to do with passing Gracie's fashion tests, but I have never seen her in my town and I've been playing since Halloween. What am I doing wrong?

Another time traveling question yaaaaaaaaaay /end sarcasm :p

My question is this;
I haven't played my main town in what I've calculated to be 69 days. In my game I wrote that it was March 21st. 69 days ago it was Nov. 19th 2014 in actual time. Now, seeing as I have seemed to have street passed a few people while working (I take it was customers who SP'ed me) I was wondering if I use my brother's 3DS to get back to the right date so it was March 21st 2014, will I lose those streetpasses? When loading up the game Isabelle told me the HHA Showcase wasn't available due to my brother's 3DS not having previously set up streetpass for ACNL.

I've avoided using my 3DS to time travel because I also play pokemon XY and AlphaSapphire and time traveling has adverse affects I'm not wanting to deal with like not having access to secret base features and mirage spots for days on end.

Last edited:
when i started my game pete said i had a letter from nintendo saying starting februaury 1st they'll be releasing a item every two weeks from the japenese version check the nintendo zone,so my question is what does that mean?

You know when you water flowers and they sparkle ? If you have the Beautiful town ordinance on do they not sparkle unless you water them ? I've changed my ordinance to Beautiful Town incase I miss any of my Hybrids but I'm still watering them every day as im terrified that if I stop they'll disappear lol

You know when you water flowers and they sparkle ? If you have the Beautiful town ordinance on do they not sparkle unless you water them ? I've changed my ordinance to Beautiful Town incase I miss any of my Hybrids but I'm still watering them every day as im terrified that if I stop they'll disappear lol

No you don?t need to water them:) They only sparkle when you water them though.

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing rows of bushes, and I know you can't do 12 bushes in a row or something like that, but I was wondering about 2 rows of 10, with about two squares in between each row. Like this:
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x

(the x being the bushes)

Would this work, or would the bushes wilt and die that way, or would it even let me?

I was thinking of doing rows of bushes, and I know you can't do 12 bushes in a row or something like that, but I was wondering about 2 rows of 10, with about two squares in between each row. Like this:
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x

(the x being the bushes)

Would this work, or would the bushes wilt and die that way, or would it even let me?
You should be fine, as long as you don't have more than 11 things touching (including bushes, trees, stumps, etc)

- - - Post Merge - - -

when i started my game pete said i had a letter from nintendo saying starting februaury 1st they'll be releasing a item every two weeks from the japenese version check the nintendo zone,so my question is what does that mean?
If you visit a nintendo zone like best buy. or mcdonalds and load acnl, you can go to the post office and ask pelly or phillys for a present, they will give you a special item

- - - Post Merge - - -

How does one get the Emporium? I know it has something to do with passing Gracie's fashion tests, but I have never seen her in my town and I've been playing since Halloween. What am I doing wrong?

To upgrade to T&T Emporium, the player must spend at least 100,000 Bells at T.I.Y., complete four Gracie Fashion Checks and have had the store open for at least 30 days. Gracie doesn't appear at your town Plaza until you have spent 70,000 bells at T.I.Y.

x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x
x__x

(the x being the bushes)

This is a wonderful post about bushes if you're interested :D

Back