• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Plot resetting question:

So I got fang from another player and this morning he is trying to set his house up. I've been plot resetting for awhile then went skiing. He is not putting his house were I want him to put it and the day is almost up. Can I plot reset the second day or no?

Plot resetting question:

So I got fang from another player and this morning he is trying to set his house up. I've been plot resetting for awhile then went skiing. He is not putting his house were I want him to put it and the day is almost up. Can I plot reset the second day or no?

Yes you can. You can plot reset for weeks (hopefully you don't) so long as you do not load any pre-existing character.

If I want to change my paths on the ground without re-doing them all, do I just save a new QR over the one I'm currently using, or will that just change all my paths to white?

If I want to change my paths on the ground without re-doing them all, do I just save a new QR over the one I'm currently using, or will that just change all my paths to white?

They will only be white if you erased the qr code or made the one you are using for a path intentionally white.
So yes, if you scan a new qr code over the current path tile/tiles it will change it wherever it is displayed.

They will only be white if you erased the qr code or made the one you are using for a path intentionally white.
So yes, if you scan a new qr code over the current path tile/tiles it will change it wherever it is displayed.

Okay great, thank you!

Yes you can. You can plot reset for weeks (hopefully you don't) so long as you do not load any pre-existing character.

This is good to know! I thought I had to stay on the same day to plot-reset them. Thanks P.K.!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Random question: does anyone know what Zucker's original shirt is? o:

This is good to know! I thought I had to stay on the same day to plot-reset them. Thanks P.K.!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Random question: does anyone know what Zucker's original shirt is? o:

He wears the Flan Shirt from gracie grace ^^

Is there any rhyme or reason to furniture they won't sell you from their homes? I get it if it's something unique like a kitchen island or an unorderable, but Lolly has a fan palm in the place of her original planter, so when she asked for furniture, I decided to try to get the planter back. After a lot of resetting, she would never replace the fan palm. Today, she invited me to her house, so I asked for the fan palm. She said, "Sorry, but I'm just not ready to give that up." Why? It's a fan palm. 1,300 from the catalog. It's not a huge deal. It looks fine and isn't a bug or a fish. But, I just don't get what makes a common item impossible to remove.

"She just likes it!" <== the our world answer, but there has to be something in-game that determines when an item of furniture is locked down.

How close can a villager plot to the town plaza?

Still wondering about this.

Also, I think I might be sending my 3DS in for repairs and I'm wondering if someone will move out when I'm unable to play. I think the last day that I played I rejected a move out ping or it might've been a day before. I also have someone moving in, I've been plot resetting in the past two days.

Still wondering about this.

Also, I think I might be sending my 3DS in for repairs and I'm wondering if someone will move out when I'm unable to play. I think the last day that I played I rejected a move out ping or it might've been a day before. I also have someone moving in, I've been plot resetting in the past two days.
You're safe with moveouts. You have a new villager moving in (I think, if I read everything correctly).

How close to the cafe can I build another project? I'd like to put a fountain in front of my cafe but I'm not sure if there's enough space.

How close to the cafe can I build another project? I'd like to put a fountain in front of my cafe but I'm not sure if there's enough space.

This post has the sizes of buildings and PWPs, including the space needed around each: http://angiestown.tumblr.com/post/91178481792/i-still-see-people-complaining-about-how-isabelle

You'll need at least two spaces in front of the cafe and one around the fountain. Also keep in mind that you don't want it to be difficult to walk through the area when spacing items.

If my mayor passes a Gracie fashion check, can I have a second character do the fashion check too? Will it count and help the emporium open faster or does only the mayor count?

Edit: Nevermind, only the mayor works. I went on my second character and Gracie was gone.

Last edited:
If I time travel a huge amount of time (I wanted to go mushroom hunting :p ) with the beautiful ordinance in place, are the only side effects bed head and a chance of villagers leaving? If I wanted to avoid villagers leaving, at what point of the moving cycle (like someone's said they're moving out, or someone's about to move in) would be best to time travel? Or doesn't it make a difference?

If I time travel a huge amount of time (I wanted to go mushroom hunting :p ) with the beautiful ordinance in place, are the only side effects bed head and a chance of villagers leaving? If I wanted to avoid villagers leaving, at what point of the moving cycle (like someone's said they're moving out, or someone's about to move in) would be best to time travel? Or doesn't it make a difference?

Those should be the only side effects.
If a villager asks you to move out and you say no, you can move forward as much as you want. The only thing is, if you skip a large amount of time, you have to talk to them past the "wow it's been a long time" before one will ping you again to move (and one WILL ping you again)

If you're in someone else's town and at the Island, do the things you put in the basket go to your town? Probably a stupid question but oh well.

If you're in someone else's town and at the Island, do the things you put in the basket go to your town? Probably a stupid question but oh well.

They should, since its attached to your basket, kind of how storage lockers go to your town regardless of where you are :3

Back