• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Another quick question - can voided villagers move into your town if you invite someone over to adopt a villager?
If so, could I have them come to clear their void while the villager isn't moving out and then TT to the move date, or is there a chance a voided villager will move in after my villager moves out?

If they have a villager moving out and you recently streetpassed with them then there is a chance they will come over into your town if you have space after they are in boxes if no one comes to adopt them

Campsite question- I had 1 camper (Rolf) when I first built it, then 1 a couple days later. Since then I've had 2 villagers leave but no campers have come in 3+ weeks so I can't ask any new villagers to move in, leaving me with just 8. I don't time travel, but I Usually log on before work - around 6:30am. I usually go on for a bit after work, but like to find all my fossils and water my flowers before my villagers are around to bother me. Would the time of my first daily log on be too early to trigger a camper?

Campsite question- I had 1 camper (Rolf) when I first built it, then 1 a couple days later. Since then I've had 2 villagers leave but no campers have come in 3+ weeks so I can't ask any new villagers to move in, leaving me with just 8. I don't time travel, but I Usually log on before work - around 6:30am. I usually go on for a bit after work, but like to find all my fossils and water my flowers before my villagers are around to bother me. Would the time of my first daily log on be too early to trigger a camper?

The time you log in doesn't determine if you get a camper or not. But if you play before 6am and the game loads, you (might) find a tent in the campsite as the new day starts at 6am. So if you basically start load your town after, everything for the day is set in stone. Campers visiting your town is completely random. You can go weeks without a camper or vice versa. It's really a matter of luck and patience. But if you really want a camper, I suggest the campsite reset trick.

I invited Goldie to move in yesterday from a cycling town. I started with a new character this morning to plot reset but I didn't find a plot. Same with when I started with my mayor. Is she going to show up tomorrow?

I invited Goldie to move in yesterday from a cycling town. I started with a new character this morning to plot reset but I didn't find a plot. Same with when I started with my mayor. Is she going to show up tomorrow?

More likely than not, yes.

Are trees able to grow in a checkerboard pattern? Like if I planted a tree where each pattern is in my screenshot here, would they be able to grow?

Are trees able to grow in a checkerboard pattern? Like if I planted a tree where each pattern is in my screenshot here, would they be able to grow?

No, there has to be a space between one tree and another. You're good vertically ans horizontally, but diagonally I don't think those trees can grow because there is no space between the two trees.

No, there has to be a space between one tree and another. You're good vertically ans horizontally, but diagonally I don't think those trees can grow because there is no space between the two trees.

Not like that, since trees can't grow next to each other at all (even diagonally).

Ah okay, I see it now. Thank you both!

Hello :)
I have a question regarding PWP suggestions!

Today I found out there was a limit for building PWP (when I sat on the mayors chairs, only renovations were available and I flipped out :U)
I am still missing my final two PWP (instrument Shelter and Outdoor Chair), will I still get PWP suggestions even though I am at my limit? (or do I need to demolish one)

thank you !

Got a question about moving. Suppose I brought a villager in from another person's town, and later decided I don't want them anymore. When can I move that villager out? I understand that villagers who've just moved in from the campsite (and probably 9th villagers as well) can't move out until one other villager has moved in, but does that apply to villagers invited from other people's towns? Or are there different rules?

I ask because I remember hearing somewhere that you need two other villagers to have moved out before invited villagers will.

EDIT: Maybe it'll be a bit clearer if I explain it this way. I invited Simon into my town from another person's town. Since then, one other villager has moved in. I have decided I want to get Simon out so I can get a dreamie in his place. However, despite lots of cycling, he's not moving. Am I just unlucky, or do I need to move someone else out and bring in another villager before Simon is able to move out?

Last edited:

If the person did not TT them out then they would have moved out today and will likely appear in your town tomorrow :)

can anyone answer this question so i just turned on my game and there's this blue dot flashing on the game icon what does that mean?

can anyone answer this question so i just turned on my game and there's this blue dot flashing on the game icon what does that mean?

From what I've seen, it usually means there's a new letter available from Nintendo. When you start up your game, you should get a letter from Pete, assuming you have room for it. I'm not sure what happens if your mail inventory if full at the time.

I think I have misunderstood Burumun`s question, I`m very sorry!

You were just trying to help. Don't even worry about it!

Hello :)
I have a question regarding PWP suggestions!

Today I found out there was a limit for building PWP (when I sat on the mayors chairs, only renovations were available and I flipped out :U)
I am still missing my final two PWP (instrument Shelter and Outdoor Chair), will I still get PWP suggestions even though I am at my limit? (or do I need to demolish one)

thank you !

You'll have to demolish one.

Got a question about moving. Suppose I brought a villager in from another person's town, and later decided I don't want them anymore. When can I move that villager out? I understand that villagers who've just moved in from the campsite (and probably 9th villagers as well) can't move out until one other villager has moved in, but does that apply to villagers invited from other people's towns? Or are there different rules?

I ask because I remember hearing somewhere that you need two other villagers to have moved out before invited villagers will.

EDIT: Maybe it'll be a bit clearer if I explain it this way. I invited Simon into my town from another person's town. Since then, one other villager has moved in. I have decided I want to get Simon out so I can get a dreamie in his place. However, despite lots of cycling, he's not moving. Am I just unlucky, or do I need to move someone else out and bring in another villager before Simon is able to move out?

You're just unlucky. Villager move outs are random and a player would always encounter that one villager who doesn't want to leave. Just be patient. But I suppose moving out other villagers would help nudge Simon out too.

thank you Seth Lios yeah it was from Nintendo something about the red ogre mask from a nintendo zone.

How long does it take before cycled villagers start to camp in your town again?
I've cycled through alot of villagers and haven't seen a single one camping and I've been resetting for campers ALOT! Is it even possible for them to camp again?

How long does it take before cycled villagers start to camp in your town again?
I've cycled through alot of villagers and haven't seen a single one camping and I've been resetting for campers ALOT! Is it even possible for them to camp again?

Yes it is possible, but there are just so many villagers!

Back