Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is it at all possible to stop random move-ins on a new game?

I bought a second copy intending to eventually do 5 cats and 5 bunnies as villagers. As I have just started the game and can't even put down pwps, is there anything I can do about these random move ins? They're plopping down in horrible places and they're horrible villagers to top it off (Kyle plotted right in front of town hall and Sylvia put down a plot today, I feel like this is what I get for TT a day ahead or something). Is this just something I have to deal with until I can eventually move out the unwanted villagers, put down pwps, etc, or can I at ALL prevent these random move-ins so early in the game?

Also can you ask a villager to move in within the first few days of playing or not? I don't even have a 100% rating yet.

Is it at all possible to stop random move-ins on a new game?

I bought a second copy intending to eventually do 5 cats and 5 bunnies as villagers. As I have just started the game and can't even put down pwps, is there anything I can do about these random move ins? They're plopping down in horrible places and they're horrible villagers to top it off (Kyle plotted right in front of town hall and Sylvia put down a plot today, I feel like this is what I get for TT a day ahead or something). Is this just something I have to deal with until I can eventually move out the unwanted villagers, put down pwps, etc, or can I at ALL prevent these random move-ins so early in the game?

Also can you ask a villager to move in within the first few days of playing or not? I don't even have a 100% rating yet.

Your 6th villager CAN be someone that you've asked to move in! :) I'm not sure about how to prevent the randos though-perhaps making sure you perpetually stay on the same day until you get your requested villager?

Your 6th villager CAN be someone that you've asked to move in! :) I'm not sure about how to prevent the randos though-perhaps making sure you perpetually stay on the same day until you get your requested villager?

The randoms are what's driving me nuts because it means more villagers I have to spend time getting out. But can I invite a villager if I don't have a 100% rating yet?

i have a question about plot resetting.

i have olivia moving in tomorrow, and i've started plot resetting for her, but it's getting late in the day and i want to continue it until tomorrow if i have to. will she have moved in already, or will her plot still be just setting up if i'm creating a new character? if you need me to explain it better, i will. ;;

i have a question about plot resetting.

i have olivia moving in tomorrow, and i've started plot resetting for her, but it's getting late in the day and i want to continue it until tomorrow if i have to. will she have moved in already, or will her plot still be just setting up if i'm creating a new character? if you need me to explain it better, i will. ;;

You should be able to keep plot resetting tomorrow, as long as you don't save your town and don't play on your mayor/other saved characters first.

Ha, I ask a lot of questions...

Anyway, I passed 4 gracies checks, I've certainly spent more than 100k in TIY and I'm sure more than 30 days have passed, but it's not going into construction for the emporium. Anyone possibly know why?

Ha, I ask a lot of questions...

Anyway, I passed 4 gracies checks, I've certainly spent more than 100k in TIY and I'm sure more than 30 days have passed, but it's not going into construction for the emporium. Anyone possibly know why?

Well, since it's kinda of hard to miscount 4 checks, it's either the days or the money. Needs to be 30 days since T.I.Y. opened, but TTing around can apparently screw with this. And the 100k has to come from in-store content only. Purchasing from the catalog won't count for this.

My suggestion? Keep buying things and playing day by day.

Well, since it's kinda of hard to miscount 4 checks, it's either the days or the money. Needs to be 30 days since T.I.Y. opened, but TTing around can apparently screw with this. And the 100k has to come from in-store content only. Purchasing from the catalog won't count for this.

My suggestion? Keep buying things and playing day by day.

I never TT in that game, at least not by days. Usually just a couple hours within the same day. (Like if it's 11pm and everything is closed I might TT back just to like...7 that day). I've surely spent 100k in that store though, I bought every KK album every day since TIY opened and that alone adds up to 90k+ in 30 days. I guess I should just be patient.

i have a 3ds xl and i was wondering what kinda of sd card does it take?

FireNinja1 no i meant that once the sd card is full and can no longer hold anything else.

So Gracie finally appeared in my town to do a fashion check (YAY) but it's been two full months for her to visit once--is there any cadence for her arrivals, or could it be months and months before she appears again?

So Gracie finally appeared in my town to do a fashion check (YAY) but it's been two full months for her to visit once--is there any cadence for her arrivals, or could it be months and months before she appears again?

Her appearances are totally random which could give you time to stock up on more clothes.

thank you DCB i'll make sure i keep that list for whenever i need it.

If you want to cheat, you can pass a check, set the game to 5:59am on the same day, pass another check, and repeat. Just be aware that someone could be thinking of moving and you could lose them, so be careful. You could pass the check and then jump to 1pm to see if anyone pings.

Example of the time: You pass the first check on Feb. 7 at 5pm. You then tell Isabelle to set the clock to 5:59am on Feb. 7. Then, wait until it's 6am and go see Gracie. Repeat.

I did my first two towns the legitimate way. It took months in Town A and a little less than one month in Town B. I just cheated and got all four done at once in Town C.

Last edited:

It took her a while to appear in my town, but once she did she was there on a random day once a week. I believe once you see her the first time, she does show once a week on a random day for four weeks.

It took her a while to appear in my town, but once she did she was there on a random day once a week. I believe once you see her the first time, she does show once a week on a random day for four weeks.

I hope this is the case! :)

Back