Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

why does snowtyke keep giving me the snowman matryoshka? i mean i got 4 what gives.

why does snowtyke keep giving me the snowman matryoshka? i mean i got 4 what gives.

His gift depends on how many of the other snowpeople are well-balanced. I'd recommend taking a look at this guide. To make an unbalanced snowperson, try making the head larger than the base (or in the Snowman's case, make the head as small as possible). Keep in mind that an unbalanced snowperson will not give you any rewards.

Last edited:
How many weeds do we have to pull to get the silver and the gold badge? (I have bronze at the moment.)

Just as a noobish question, how many towns/game carts can you have on 1 3DS? Is it unlimited with the amount of game carts or no?

I have a feeling that it's unlimited, but I just want to make sure.

I'm pretty sure you can use multiple cartridges of ACNL with a single 3DS, so there shouldn't be a limit aside from how many cartridges you have.

Why do elephants have their mouths on only one side of their face?

Also, elephants are underrated.

oh okay thanks Seth Lios because i was wondering why he kept giving me the same gift.to be honest i didn't even bother making any snowpeople today maybe i'll try tomorrow again thank you.

Got a question about moving. Suppose I brought a villager in from another person's town, and later decided I don't want them anymore. When can I move that villager out? I understand that villagers who've just moved in from the campsite (and probably 9th villagers as well) can't move out until one other villager has moved in, but does that apply to villagers invited from other people's towns? Or are there different rules?

I ask because I remember hearing somewhere that you need two other villagers to have moved out before invited villagers will.

EDIT: Maybe it'll be a bit clearer if I explain it this way. I invited Simon into my town from another person's town. Since then, one other villager has moved in. I have decided I want to get Simon out so I can get a dreamie in his place. However, despite lots of cycling, he's not moving. Am I just unlucky, or do I need to move someone else out and bring in another villager before Simon is able to move out?

Since he is the most recent move in, he is less likely to move out. It's not impossible, but really really difficult. If you are using the 1 year>1 year>5 day cycling method, it'll be easy to get him out (however, this method makes it hard to tell who is going to move out)

What do Bamboo Shoots taste like? They're in the game and edible, so it makes me curious. Plus, none of my local stores appear to have it in stock. :(

Another time travel question!
I just invited an animal from another town. Is it safe for me to TT forward one day so she'll build her plot etc etc, or do I have to wait for another day to pass in her "original" town before she'll come over to mine?

Another time travel question!
I just invited an animal from another town. Is it safe for me to TT forward one day so she'll build her plot etc etc, or do I have to wait for another day to pass in her "original" town before she'll come over to mine?

Yes you can timetravel forward:)

- - - Post Merge - - -

What do Bamboo Shoots taste like? They're in the game and edible, so it makes me curious. Plus, none of my local stores appear to have it in stock. :(

You can buy bamboo in the final store upgrade, my villagers gave me bamboo as a gift or attached to a letter. But I don`t know what it tastes like:)

Last edited:
Yes you can timetravel forward:)

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can buy bamboo in the final store upgrade, my villagers gave me bamboo as a gift or attached to a letter. But I don`t know what it tastes like:)

Thanks so much for telling me about the TT thing! I was agonizing over it lol

It's pretty tasteless. You can get them in dishes at a lot of Chinese restaurants. They kind of snap when you bite them, but there isn't much of a taste. Tastes like snappy water? LOL.

Last edited:

My favourite ramen place has bamboo as a topping. I like the texture, but it doesn't have much of a flavour! It absorbs the stock pretty nicely though, so it adds a lot to the meal imho! :9

Back