Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Is there any pattern to Gracie's arrival in your town, or does she just appear randomly?

It's random. I think she has a higher chance of appearing on certain days of the week but there's no guarantee that she'll appear on a given week or day.

Thank you! :D

You might want to resize it, otherwise I think it won't show up.

Really? I have only ever had her come on Thursdays, and also read soemwhere online it was only during thursdays so I didn't see it as odd when she only came during thursdays :O

Why didn't I get something for Valentine's Day in the mailbox? I didn't get anything at all, is it because I TT-ed backwards to Valentine's Day? What Do I Do?

Why didn't I get something for Valentine's Day in the mailbox? I didn't get anything at all, is it because I TT-ed backwards to Valentine's Day? What Do I Do?

Is your mailbox full? If not that, then it might have something to do with villager friendship. Do you interact with your villagers on a regular basis, doing errands for them, etc.?

Is your mailbox full? If not that, then it might have something to do with villager friendship. Do you interact with your villagers on a regular basis, doing errands for them, etc.?

I thought Isabelle sent it.. Yes I do interact with them and doing errands with them, My mailbox is comepletely empty.. What do I do now?

I assume they won't grow, but just to double check: CAN a bush start grow next to a pwp? Say if I wanted to do a lamp post and put a start right next to it (or in between two lamps) could I or do they wilt?

Is it true that an octopus villager will actually get mad at you if you catch an octopus (the fish) near them? I read it in the AC wiki but I'm not sure if I can trust that since anyone can edit them...

Is it true that an octopus villager will actually get mad at you if you catch an octopus (the fish) near them? I read it in the AC wiki but I'm not sure if I can trust that since anyone can edit them...

Haha that would be so funny! It would make me feel a little bit better...Zucker is obsessed with fishing and it really creeps me out! >.<

Hmm, what does it mean when your villager goes deep into thought after you speak with them? Pashmina had the thinking emoticon above her head and walked away continuing to "think" (hand on chin, and she would stop every once in a while and the thinking emoticon would appear again). I talked to her and she said she was thinking very hard, trying to remember something.

Hmm, what does it mean when your villager goes deep into thought after you speak with them? Pashmina had the thinking emoticon above her head and walked away continuing to "think" (hand on chin, and she would stop every once in a while and the thinking emoticon would appear again). I talked to her and she said she was thinking very hard, trying to remember something.

They just don't want to talk to you, it happens either when you talk to them too much, or the result from a conversation with another villager.

If I'm not done plot resetting on the day a villager is supposed to move in and be in boxes, what do I do?
I only plot reset once before and I got it in four tries so it didn't take long, but this time around it's taking forever.

So basically, what if it hits tomorrow and the villager is in boxes before I'm done plot resetting? Do I TT back to the morning her house would be roped off or am I just stuck with where they put down their plot?

I keep reading about plot resetting and how important it is to create a new character on those days. I'm wondering, how do you know you are going to have someone be moving on that particular day so you can start with a new character?

If I'm not done plot resetting on the day a villager is supposed to move in and be in boxes, what do I do?
I only plot reset once before and I got it in four tries so it didn't take long, but this time around it's taking forever.

So basically, what if it hits tomorrow and the villager is in boxes before I'm done plot resetting? Do I TT back to the morning her house would be roped off or am I just stuck with where they put down their plot?

You can still plot reset as long as you don't load up with an existing character. But if you really want to stay on the same day, TT with the 3DS clock back to the same day, as long as you don't hit 6am either way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I keep reading about plot resetting and how important it is to create a new character on those days. I'm wondering, how do you know you are going to have someone be moving on that particular day so you can start with a new character?

It depends. If you invited a villager the day before, assume that they are going to appear the next day, so I would start with a new character. If their plot doesn't show up, save with the new character and you can load up the mayor.

Also, if you have 8 villagers, one will randomly move in, so just start with a new character each day until one shows up. If you have 9 villagers and you recently visited someone, they might have a voided villager, so you could start with a new character the next day, too.

You can still plot reset as long as you don't load up with an existing character. But if you really want to stay on the same day, TT with the 3DS clock back to the same day, as long as you don't hit 6am either way.

So even if it's the day they'd be in boxes, on a new character they'd still show up as a plot and not a house?

Last edited:
Oooh ok, I get it! So it's just a matter of always starting with a new character every morning. Now I appreciate the people able to do this so much more, so much work they put into it! Thank you for explaining Vizionari :D

Back