Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

They just don't want to talk to you, it happens either when you talk to them too much, or the result from a conversation with another villager.

Aww bummer...my bestie Pashmina hates me lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you for the insight!

Why is it that when there is a 'sale' sign in front of the emporium, on Gracie's floor there are always items marked as 'sold out' even though I haven't bought anything?

It's just to give it a "lived-in" feeling. Like people other than you are actually shopping.

About resetting, if I do plot resetting and then I'm happy with the place, I go to save, it then says in most guides that I can delete the character later. But my question is, if I don't, can I then use that character to plot reset with? Instead of making a new one each time?

About resetting, if I do plot resetting and then I'm happy with the place, I go to save, it then says in most guides that I can delete the character later. But my question is, if I don't, can I then use that character to plot reset with? Instead of making a new one each time?

Nope, you can't use that character again. You have to either delete the character and make a new one/if you have an open spot, make a new character.

Nope, you can't use that character again. You have to either delete the character and make a new one/if you have an open spot, make a new character.

Awwww :( thank you for answering <3 Not the answer I was hoping for though xD oh well!

i have a weird question about plot resetting, because i'm getting really frustrated with bob plotting into my orchard.

so, i adopted bob on sunday night? his plot shows up the next day, so i've been plot resetting for a couple of days now. i was wondering, can i time travel to saturday and play the game into sunday so i can pay off and add another pwp to prevent him from plotting onto the same site? or would his plot still keep showing up? if you need any clarification let me know, my grammar is not the best.

can anyone answer this question so i just turned on my game and there's this blue dot flashing on the game icon what does that mean?

Either 1. Special spotpass from Nintendo 2. Dream Suite visit

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, one of my villagers told me that another one of my villagers was planning on moving out. But every time I try to get the villager to ping me, it never happens. I'm afraid to wait and try tomorrow because I'm a couple days behind and tomorrow will be the Fishing Tourney and if the villager doesn't ping again, I could be running out of time.

I really don't want this villager to move, is there some way this could be a glitch or something?

Have you tried talking to every one of them & save and quit. Then open the game up and walk around all the villagers? Once you've spoke with all of them and saved and quit, keep saving and quitting after walking near them until someone pings you.

i have a weird question about plot resetting, because i'm getting really frustrated with bob plotting into my orchard.

so, i adopted bob on sunday night? his plot shows up the next day, so i've been plot resetting for a couple of days now. i was wondering, can i time travel to saturday and play the game into sunday so i can pay off and add another pwp to prevent him from plotting onto the same site? or would his plot still keep showing up? if you need any clarification let me know, my grammar is not the best.

Do you know exactly when you invited Bob to move in?

You'll need to TT to a time after you turned off your 3DS that day, and before 6am the next day. You can then stick a pwp site in the forest-y area if you were able to place a pwp that day at the time. ~ If you progress the day forward or backward (and I can't remember if backward but within the same day counts as a new day cause the game knows you TT'd.) then it'll count as a new day and he'll put down a plot. You can't play any day other than the day you invited Bob to move in or it'll count as a day progress and he'll move in - even going to earlier dates.

If you play the game from Saturday into sunday he will put down a plot at 6am sunday even if you are playing over that time. And if you currently have a pwp about to be finished then you can't do anything but keep plot resetting, because the day change to complete the project and place another one will also trigger his plot.

My advice would be to check with a new character that he has not put a plot anywhere before you do anything on a different date, just to be sure. - because I get paranoid with these things.

Have you tried talking to every one of them & save and quit. Then open the game up and walk around all the villagers? Once you've spoke with all of them and saved and quit, keep saving and quitting after walking near them until someone pings you.

Yeah, I just did the save and quit after saving and continuing like 5 times and it finally worked.

I'm getting my 3DS & ACNL on Friday. I will be fairly busy with my mom being in town for an entire week. Should I bother starting it or wait until I know I'll have more time to spend on it straight away? I want to start playing ASAP but don't want my town to go to crap immediately or something.

Also what should I know as a total ACNL noob? The one thing I know is plant perfect fruit.

I'm getting my 3DS & ACNL on Friday. I will be fairly busy with my mom being in town for an entire week. Should I bother starting it or wait until I know I'll have more time to spend on it straight away? I want to start playing ASAP but don't want my town to go to crap immediately or something.

Also what should I know as a total ACNL noob? The one thing I know is plant perfect fruit.

Hi, i would recommend to start this game until you have one or two hours everyday to begin playing. You should carefully decide on your Mayor?s name and town`s name because you can`t change them afterwards, as well as the placement of your Mayor`s house. Maybe you want to look through a face guide for your mayor too. Speak with Isabelle in the town hall and do the tutorial, she will give you one of the foreign fruits and a few tools, and buy the tools in the shop too. You will need them to start up, especially the shovel. I hope you will enjoy your new town!

Last edited:
Hi, i would recommend to start this game until you have one or two hours everyday to begin playing. You should carefully decide on your Mayor?s name and town`s name because you can`t change them afterwards, as well as the placement of your Mayor`s house. Maybe you want to look through a face guide for your mayor too. Speak with Isabelle in the town hall and do the tutorial, she will give you one of the foreign fruits and a few tools, and buy the tools in the shop too. You will need them to start up, especially the shovel. I hope you will enjoy your new town!
Thanks for the reply! I do have my town name and mayor name picked out :3 I think I will try to wait until I have time every day, it's gonna be hard though.

edit: OMG THANK YOU FOR THE FACE GUIDE SUGGESTION. Just looked one up and this is so helpful.

Last edited:
This is sort of a weird question, but... can I take off my pants?

I just started the game the other day, and I had the default pants on. I got the Hero's Pants today from a fortune cookie, but I don't want to keep them on.

But... apparently the default pants aren't actually an item, and is just part of the character model I guess? I don't know. Either way, I can't take off the Hero's pants, and I can't swap them out because I have no other pants to swap to.

Is there any way to take them off?

Back