Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

This is sort of a weird question, but... can I take off my pants?

I just started the game the other day, and I had the default pants on. I got the Hero's Pants today from a fortune cookie, but I don't want to keep them on.

But... apparently the default pants aren't actually an item, and is just part of the character model I guess? I don't know. Either way, I can't take off the Hero's pants, and I can't swap them out because I have no other pants to swap to.

Is there any way to take them off?

To remove them, you'll need to buy either a dress, skirt, or another pants that you want to wear in the Able's Sister's Shop.

I just started the game the other day, and I had the default pants on. I got the Hero's Pants today from a fortune cookie, but I don't want to keep them on.

But... apparently the default pants aren't actually an item, and is just part of the character model I guess? I don't know. Either way, I can't take off the Hero's pants, and I can't swap them out because I have no other pants to swap to.

I agree with Kiyo, but wanted to add your best bet is getting a dress, then switching into a shirt. This'll force your character into the "default" pants for sure as it does with my character, except she'll have a skirt. Alternatively, if you have any patterns you made yourself choose to wear it as a dress, then put your shirt back on and the same will happen as above. :3

I agree with Kiyo, but wanted to add your best bet is getting a dress, then switching into a shirt. This'll force your character into the "default" pants for sure as it does with my character, except she'll have a skirt. Alternatively, if you have any patterns you made yourself choose to wear it as a dress, then put your shirt back on and the same will happen as above. :3

Ahh, the Ables just closed! D:

Thank you, though!

You can time travel to a time when the shop is open btw. But can I ask why you want to take off pants lol. Gotta be one of the most awkwardly sounding questions. You cant get down to underwear or strip level although thatd be hilarious the game wouldnt be the cute/pg rated anymore. ;)

You can time travel to a time when the shop is open btw. But can I ask why you want to take off pants lol. Gotta be one of the most awkwardly sounding questions. You cant get down to underwear or strip level although thatd be hilarious the game wouldnt be the cute/pg rated anymore. ;)

I wasn't trying to be naked, I was just trying to go back to the default "pants" that my character was wearing originally.

Putting on/taking off the dress worked, thanks Kiyo!

whenever a villager talks to me about a rumour (i.e when a jock mentions being a prince or whatever) does that mean no one from my town is moving? what's the dialogue option that means it's safe for me to tt a day ahead without worrying?

Hehe I started my town.

But, one of my villagers asked me for something but I forgot what she wanted. How do I figure it out :(

Hehe I started my town.

But, one of my villagers asked me for something but I forgot what she wanted. How do I figure it out :(
Have you tried talking to that villager again? Usually when you've accepted a request, when you talk to them again one of the options will be something along the lines of "what was that again?" and they will restate their request.

On my second copy {which I use as a cycling town}, I thought I cleared my void multiple times. I did the thing where you visit a full town and leave. However, I just went to Market Street and saw some former villagers walking around. Did I do something wrong, or am I not thinking about the void correctly?

On my second copy {which I use as a cycling town}, I thought I cleared my void multiple times. I did the thing where you visit a full town and leave. However, I just went to Market Street and saw some former villagers walking around. Did I do something wrong, or am I not thinking about the void correctly?

Former villagers will show up on Main Street after the fourth move out. Don't worry, it's normal. When you've cycled 16 for a villager, they will stop appearing in Main Street, meaning you can invite them in again :)

If you display patterns at Able Sisters as umbrellas and hats, will that prevent the villagers from wearing those patterns?

Former villagers will show up on Main Street after the fourth move out. Don't worry, it's normal. When you've cycled 16 for a villager, they will stop appearing in Main Street, meaning you can invite them in again :)

But I don't have to worry about other people picking up the old villagers walking around the street, right? I'm more worried about people getting unwanted villagers than I am with inviting villagers back into my town.

But I don't have to worry about other people picking up the old villagers walking around the street, right? I'm more worried about people getting unwanted villagers than I am with inviting villagers back into my town.

The only sure fire way to clear a void is to have someone visit your town and adopt a villager. I know that you can visit someone with 10 villagers to clear a void, but that doesn't always work.

And no, just because they show up on Main Street doesn't mean that other people won't get your voided villagers. You have to have a clear void to ensure that others won't get the voided villagers.

Have you tried talking to that villager again? Usually when you've accepted a request, when you talk to them again one of the options will be something along the lines of "what was that again?" and they will restate their request.

I've got:
lets talk, it's nothing, or how about this?

I've got:
lets talk, it's nothing, or how about this?

You're carrying something that fits the bill of what they wanted. It's most likely a piece of furniture. Just put the furniture on the ground and the "What was that?" option will reappear. If you have fruit on you, it could be that as well.

Back