• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Can a villager plot in the spot in green?

B-sQMtYUAAA-G1S.jpg

The only thing that keeps a villager from plotting somewhere is PWPs. Nothing else will stop them.

Unrelatedly, does anyone know if this works or not? ( 2 Save files on one sd card )

Pretty that's a no...unless you have a cartridge and an e-copy, because only the e-copy saves to the SD card.

Can a villager plot in the spot in green?

B-sQMtYUAAA-G1S.jpg
That will work, yes.
The only thing that keeps a villager from plotting somewhere is PWPs. Nothing else will stop them.

Unrelatedly, does anyone know if this works or not? ( 2 Save files on one sd card )
No, you can't due to save IDs.

I'm still a newbie when it comes to AC:NL. How do I go about laying pathways? Like do I just scan QR codes for them and they'll be in my inventory or what? I'm still confused on how to go about doing that. Also, how do I let my turnips spoil so I can get the fly and ant for my encyclopedia? Do I let some of them spoil by putting them on the ground or what? I know these probably are simple and somewhat stupid questions but I'm really trying to make the most of this game and just really want to know.

You first talk to Sable to unlock the QR sewing machine. Then, you find the code online and use the sewing machine to scan it. They will be saved on the second button on the bottom screen--the one that is shaped like a pencil. You have to replace those designs and you will have to always keep the paths saved in there. If you delete them, the design is replaced by blank white on the ground. If your path needs more than 10 tiles, you will have to create a second character and unlock the sewing machine again.

You can time travel backwards while holding a turnip (or having it in storage) to get it to spoil. Or, you can hold onto it until the next Sunday. Candy will attract ants any time.

Rotten fruit also attracts ants :) Like a rotten perfect cherry.

I think tires and such that you can fish up from the lakes and ocean attracts flies too.

I'm still a newbie when it comes to AC:NL. How do I go about laying pathways? Like do I just scan QR codes for them and they'll be in my inventory or what? I'm still confused on how to go about doing that.

Paths (and other patterns) are in the pattern tab. On the bottom screen, it's one of the little icons next to the inventory one. It shows up as a screen that has a bunch of squares with small images in them, the default will be some that are plain yellow and green and stuff, one with a beetle, etc.. You can make your own by picking one and editing it (though this only works for things like wallpaper, paths, and basic clothes, because if you want to design a more complex shirt or dress you need to go to the Able Sisters to make a pro pattern).

To scan in a pattern from a qr code, you need to talk to Sable (the one using the sewing machine) in the Able Sisters shop. She won't say anything at first but if you talk to her every day for a while, which I think is something like 10 days, she'll offer to let you use a special sewing machine to scan or make qr codes. Then you just need to find the qr code you want to scan in, choose a pattern to replace with it, and use the camera (the game gives you instructions).

To lay down a path, just stand where you want your path to be and pick the pattern from your pattern album thing. It'll let you place that pattern. This process can be a bit slow but guides like this have tips on how to lay down paths more quickly: http://hayleyhail.tumblr.com/post/56584702953

It may seem complicated but the game generally guides you through the process. If you're looking at a path that has a lot of different tiles, I'd recommend that you create an extra playable character to hold them, so you'll have room for stuff like clothing patterns on your main. Just remember that you'll need to unlock the sewing machine with the spare character too.

Also, how do I let my turnips spoil so I can get the fly and ant for my encyclopedia? Do I let some of them spoil by putting them on the ground or what? I know these probably are simple and somewhat stupid questions but I'm really trying to make the most of this game and just really want to know.

Turnips spoil if you time travel back, so you can set the time with Isabelle back by a couple of hours and then forward. I think that should spoil your turnips, though I'm not sure. You can also use rotten fruit (it shows up on trees sometimes) and candy. Just leave them on the ground. After some time, there should be some ants on it, and you can use your net to catch them.

If I want a villager to be in boxes, do I TT to the day before they said they were moving, or on the day?

Okay, my second town is a cycling town, and I have voided several villagers in the past few weeks. The last villager to leave was Colton, who was adopted. Since adopting out Colton, I have visited my boyfriend several times, who has 10 villagers, and I've also visited/had over other people, whose amount of villagers I don't know.

Would it be safe for my new town and my cycling town to interact, or is there still a chance that I can get someone from the void? I have an alternative if not, but it would speed things up a lot of I could visit my own town instead of going through a middleman.

Okay, my second town is a cycling town, and I have voided several villagers in the past few weeks. The last villager to leave was Colton, who was adopted. Since adopting out Colton, I have visited my boyfriend several times, who has 10 villagers, and I've also visited/had over other people, whose amount of villagers I don't know.

Would it be safe for my new town and my cycling town to interact, or is there still a chance that I can get someone from the void? I have an alternative if not, but it would speed things up a lot of I could visit my own town instead of going through a middleman.

It depends, if any of the other towns you visited had gotten your voided villagers, then maybe. But there's still a chance you could get someone from your cycle town's void.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is it possible to have a villager move out of one town into another, and then have them move back into their original town?

Ok I fricked this up the last time I tried it so I'm going to ask here to be safe.

I have a villager for sure moving in on the next in-game day. Let's say the current day is July 17th-- obviously not matching my 3ds clock, so I have to TT through the game start screen. If the next day officially starts at 6 AM, and I set the time to July 18th at 5:50 AM... will the game see it as moving a day forward, or not? The date changes, but it's not the "official" start of a new day, so I don't know if it's going to start plotting for my new villager yet or not.

I just want to make sure since I'll HAVE to start with my mayor character first to change the day, and I'd be really sad if it locked me into a spot because I misunderstood the house plotting system.

Ok I fricked this up the last time I tried it so I'm going to ask here to be safe.

I have a villager for sure moving in on the next in-game day. Let's say the current day is July 17th-- obviously not matching my 3ds clock, so I have to TT through the game start screen. If the next day officially starts at 6 AM, and I set the time to July 18th at 5:50 AM... will the game see it as moving a day forward, or not? The date changes, but it's not the "official" start of a new day, so I don't know if it's going to start plotting for my new villager yet or not.

I just want to make sure since I'll HAVE to start with my mayor character first to change the day, and I'd be really sad if it locked me into a spot because I misunderstood the house plotting system.
It should be fine. Days start at six am in the game when spawning new stuff. Pretty much every disaster occurs after 6 am and when you load the game, so if you're going to like 5:50 it's fine. Just don't log into your mayor after 6 am.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is it possible to have a villager move out of one town into another, and then have them move back into their original town?

Yes, but you need to cycle through 16 other villagers first for them to be able to move back into your town :)

Back