• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

hello! how soon can i expect a camper after building the campsite? i had the ceremony today :> also, i am only up to 8 villagers so far (my 9th has not appeared yet), not sure if this makes a difference. thanks!

I have a physical copy of animal crossing; I recently transferred data onto the new 3ds, and I used to put the cartridge in both my normal 3ds and it worked fine (One of them broke). After I transferred the data I played other games for a few weeks and when I put animal crossing into my old 3ds it says it will delete the town data… it makes me confused. Am I reading it wrong or I just can't play animal crossing on my old 3ds?

I remember there was a way to get a villager to move out right after he moves in. But I don't remember if you have to talk to him the exact day they move in or not talk to them at all. Anyone know?

hello! how soon can i expect a camper after building the campsite? i had the ceremony today :> also, i am only up to 8 villagers so far (my 9th has not appeared yet), not sure if this makes a difference. thanks!

The day after you held the ceremony.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I remember there was a way to get a villager to move out right after he moves in. But I don't remember if you have to talk to him the exact day they move in or not talk to them at all. Anyone know?

Getting the latest villager that moved-in to move-out is hard and very unlikely to happen.
There are around two methods I know that people have used to try to get villagers to move out:
1. Make a new character. Introduce the character to the villager and then just delete that character.
2. Befriend the villager.

The methods aren't 100% certain to move the villager out since in the end, villager move-outs are random, but they are popular methods used by the players so if you want to give it a try, go ahead.

Has anyone else seen their villagers just randomly sprinting to and fro? Anyone know why they do that? They're not like, running circuits - they just seem to break into a run, sometimes, for no real reason.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if you can play the Japanese version in English?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if you can play the Japanese version in English?

If you mean be able to play the Jap. version on an NA 3ds then no. This is due to region lock. So if you want to play the Japanese ver. you gotta have a Japanese 3ds.

The day after you held the ceremony.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Getting the latest villager that moved-in to move-out is hard and very unlikely to happen.
There are around two methods I know that people have used to try to get villagers to move out:
1. Make a new character. Introduce the character to the villager and then just delete that character.
2. Befriend the villager.

The methods aren't 100% certain to move the villager out since in the end, villager move-outs are random, but they are popular methods used by the players so if you want to give it a try, go ahead.

YAY thanks P.K.!

Why do villagers say they're going to move, but when I tell them bye, they decide to stay?

Why do villagers say they're going to move, but when I tell them bye, they decide to stay?

They're just like that especially if it's villagers you barely talk to + they didn't stay for long in your town so they're going to be like "You know what, we haven't been able to become good friends so nevermind I'm staying lol"

I mentioned this in the "Who's in your Campsite?" topic, but since I'm not sure how to handle it I'll mention it here too.

Yesterday I had Sprinkle in my campsite. After a lot of convincing, she agreed to move to my town. Business as usual.

Well, today I found I had a camper again. When I went to see who it was...it was Sprinkle again, even though I'd invited her in yesterday.

What's going on here? Should I try to invite Sprinkle in again? Do all invited campers do this and I've just been blind before?

I mentioned this in the "Who's in your Campsite?" topic, but since I'm not sure how to handle it I'll mention it here too.

Yesterday I had Sprinkle in my campsite. After a lot of convincing, she agreed to move to my town. Business as usual.

Well, today I found I had a camper again. When I went to see who it was...it was Sprinkle again, even though I'd invited her in yesterday.

What's going on here? Should I try to invite Sprinkle in again? Do all invited campers do this and I've just been blind before?

Sprinkle will still move in. I had the same thing happen to me with Papi. If you talk Sprinkle, she should talk about how excited she is to move in...stuff like that.

Okay... now this is getting weird. This is the second time it's happened to me. First Bianca, and now Bree... Neither of them pinged me at all (on any of my characters), I go onto my game everyday at least once. I talk to everyone all the time. So why is it that when I go on today, Isabelle says that Bree is moving!?... It shocked me because I never expected it! This upsets me =(

Has this happened to anyone before?

Okay... now this is getting weird. This is the second time it's happened to me. First Bianca, and now Bree... Neither of them pinged me at all (on any of my characters), I go onto my game everyday at least once. I talk to everyone all the time. So why is it that when I go on today, Isabelle says that Bree is moving!?... It shocked me because I never expected it! This upsets me =(

Has this happened to anyone before?

they don't always appear to ping you unfortunately. i'd start everyday by talking to each villager and hope that they mention any leaving rumours. i'd keep talking to each one until they either mention another rumour (so you know no one is moving that day) or until they mention that so & so is thinking of leaving. i'd not rely on just pings.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also you probably know this but i'll say it just in case, if they stay they're going to stay you can quit without saving and reload so that they ping you again and actually leave :)

Hi ! Yet another question about having 2 copies if anyone has a moment. :blush:

So I know that having a cartridge copy and a digital copy for the purposes of having two towns an cause save data corruption, but is the same true for 2 cartridge ones?

Hi ! Yet another question about having 2 copies if anyone has a moment. :blush:

So I know that having a cartridge copy and a digital copy for the purposes of having two towns an cause save data corruption, but is the same true for 2 cartridge ones?
not very likely, i have 3 towns myself and they all work just fine in the same 3DS :)

Back