• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

If I plant palm trees at the beach, will the beetles spawn on them like on the island?

well yeah
but ppl would rather beetle hunt on the island bc of the shape of the island so its easier to not scare bugs away
E: meant that you can plant em in summer for bugs to come

Last edited:
I'd assume a Powersave...I'm not sure though. It may help if your town gets corrupted but I'm not positive.

mmmm kinda. powersaves allow you to make a copy of ur town so if u mess up afterwards (like a dreamie moves out or whatever), you can just reload that save and itll be like new
this is how ppl are able to give multiples of villagers away so often

I'm getting a second copy of NL today but only have the one 3ds. So how does this work in regards to the friend code? If someone has me added to their 3ds friend list (and vice versa), will they automatically be able to visit whichever town I'm playing on, assuming the gates are open? And if I have a villager in the void in one copy and switch over to another copy, is there a chance of that villager moving in on the second copy, the way you can pick up a villager from streetpass; or would that only happen with a second 3ds system? (oh god so confusing).

I'm getting a second copy of NL today but only have the one 3ds. So how does this work in regards to the friend code? If someone has me added to their 3ds friend list (and vice versa), will they automatically be able to visit whichever town I'm playing on, assuming the gates are open?

yes. so be mindful about which cart is in ur ds.

And if I have a villager in the void in one copy and switch over to another copy, is there a chance of that villager moving in on the second copy, the way you can pick up a villager from streetpass; or would that only happen with a second 3ds system? (oh god so confusing).

no. you cant streetpass yourself with only one ds. youd need a second system in order for voided villagers to move to tha other town.

mmmm kinda. powersaves allow you to make a copy of ur town so if u mess up afterwards (like a dreamie moves out or whatever), you can just reload that save and itll be like new
this is how ppl are able to give multiples of villagers away so often
Isn't powersave only usable for physical copies, though? :eek: My copy of ACNL is digital, haha ><

Isn't powersave only usable for physical copies, though? :eek: My copy of ACNL is digital, haha ><

I don't know, and this really isn't the place to ask. Ask elsewhere, as powersaves and hacks aren't really to be discussed here. (no mini-modding, js, you're probably not going to get that many answers)

I went to my friends town today, who recently had a villager move out. I only have 9 villagers. If I adopt a villager from someone else, will I still pick up the villager from her void, or will I get the villager I adopted?

Edit: Also, do they have to come to MY town for their move-out to plot in my town, or do I go to theirs? I went to her town, she didn't go to mine. Will I still pick up the villager from her?

Last edited:
I went to my friends town today, who recently had a villager move out. I only have 9 villagers. If I adopt a villager from someone else, will I still pick up the villager from her void, or will I get the villager I adopted?

Edit: Also, do they have to come to MY town for their move-out to plot in my town, or do I go to theirs? I went to her town, she didn't go to mine. Will I still pick up the villager from her?

You will get the villager you adopted, because it cancelled the move in from the void. It doesn`t matter who visits, you would pick up her voided villager I think.
But I don`t know if there is a 100% chance to pick up voided villagers.

Last edited:
How do you know how many people have visited your town? I hear people saying you need like 100 visits to upgrade your train station but how do you know how many times other people have visited?

How do you know how many people have visited your town? I hear people saying you need like 100 visits to upgrade your train station but how do you know how many times other people have visited?

1. Go to your town tree
2. Sit on it
3. Wait for the history to roll
4. At the end it will say "Visitors to [insert town name]" and then in the next line say "[number] people"

Can you lose villagers while plot resetting? Say if it takes you a week to get a villager to plot where you want, can you lose other villagers in that time frame?

What exactly is voiding? I am kinda new to these big girl terms.

Voiding a villager means that the villager did not move to a new town. The villager can move to another town when connecting or streetpassing other players, because the villager is still in your void.

Back