• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

What exactly is voiding? I am kinda new to these big girl terms.

When you let a villager move out, but don't trade/give them to someone else. Occasionally voided villagers will move into the next town you visit if there were fewer than 10 villagers there.

EDIT: Sniped. Took too long to answer. xD

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been playing since 2013 when it was released and have amassed a ton of time playing. This past Saturday I got the New 3DS XL as an early B-Day from my Mother & Sister-in-Law. I transferred everything over per Nintendo's transferring guide on their official YouTube channel, and have ABSOLUTELY ZERO of my game saves, especially my New Leaf Save. I went through many things to retrieve it back but nothing works. This has left me to restart everything from scratch. So I'm asking everyone on here if they can please visit my town and spare 1 fruit from their town if they can I would be truly appreciative of it. My town has pears (not many if any as I just restarted a few hours ago).

Thanks for any help
Name: Yea
Town: Asura
Friend Code: 4382-2477-2614
Wii U: Papayea

Hey, I've got mixed information on this so here goes: what grass type corresponds to which snow type? Say for example I wanted the star shaped snow - which grass do you have to have for that? (I have triangle)

Hey, I've got mixed information on this so here goes: what grass type corresponds to which snow type? Say for example I wanted the star shaped snow - which grass do you have to have for that? (I have triangle)

If you want star shaped snow, you have to have circle shaped grass.
I'm not sure what other grass types have as the snow type. I only know the star shaped grass goes with the circles because that's what my town has.

If you want star shaped snow, you have to have circle shaped grass.
I'm not sure what other grass types have as the snow type. I only know the star shaped grass goes with the circles because that's what my town has.

Ahh thank you :) I'd seen people saying triangle = stars? :rolleyes:

Would it be okay to name a character "Pub" and design their house like a pub, or would that be against the rules because pubs are for over 18s? Would it be okay to use items like vinegar and make it look like they're bottles of alcohol? Thanks!

So Octavian just told me that Stitches is thinking of moving, but Stitches isn't pinging.
This happened to me with Punchy, where Octavian said Punchy was thinking of moving, but he didn't ping and ended up in boxes a few days later. I didn't mind Punchy moving since I wanted to get rid of him anyway, but I don't want Stitches to move but I'm not sure how to get him to ping, unless this is some sort of bug/glitch ..?

So Octavian just told me that Stitches is thinking of moving, but Stitches isn't pinging.
This happened to me with Punchy, where Octavian said Punchy was thinking of moving, but he didn't ping and ended up in boxes a few days later. I didn't mind Punchy moving since I wanted to get rid of him anyway, but I don't want Stitches to move but I'm not sure how to get him to ping, unless this is some sort of bug/glitch ..?
try to make him ping after 30mins/1hr... and walk by Stitches (and only Stitches, so no one else will ping you.), he should ping ;w;

You have to find Stitches outside & have him ping when he sees you. Do you have any side characters other than your mayor? If you do, save and quit on your mayor and log on side character, and check if stitches will ping him or her. If you only have your mayor and you don't mind TTing a few hours, change the time and TT like an hour ahead or back. Log on and find him outside. You can probably keep doing save & quit and load up the game til you see Stitches outside w/o TTing... Or you can also try wetsuit/diving method. (Basically, fill up your entire pockets with flowers or seashells, and go swimming in the water for 5 minutes or longer and run in front of Stitches so he will ping).

You have to find Stitches outside& have him ping when he sees you. Do you have any side characters other than your mayor? If you do, save and quit on your mayor and log on side character, and check if stitches will ping him or her. If you only have your mayor and you don't mind TTing a few hours, change the time and TT like an hour ahead or back. Log on and find him outside. You can probably keep doing save & quit and load up the game til you see Stitches outside w/o TTing... Or you can also try wetsuit/diving method. (Basically, fill up your entire pockets with flowers or seashells, and go swimming in the water for 5 minutes or longer and run in front of Stitches so he will ping).
i thought that anyone who's thinking of moving will always be outside? ;o

EDIT*: exceptions if their sick/it's their birthday

Last edited:

Talk to him. He may want you to dig up a time capsule and that takes pecedence over a move ping. Talk to him, save and exit, and walk past him again. He should ping.

Thanks guys! I ended up TTing a few hours backwards and when I walked passed him he finally pinged. I was so worried I was going to lose him ;^;

Thanks guys! I ended up TTing a few hours backwards and when I walked passed him he finally pinged. I was so worried I was going to lose him ;^;

You can always save and quit. Then hop right back in and make sure you only let that villager see you, so no one else steals the ping. Go straight towards their house, as they should be close by outside. I do this all the time when someone else has already pinged me, or I'm feeling lazy and don't want to wander around town for 5-10 minutes in hopes of a getting a ping once the timer's reset.

How come with a game with animal villagers, they never try to eat each other?

For example, Whitney eating Ken after he said something to make Whitney angry.

Back