• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Why don`t you just try it out and place the PWP with Isabelle, she shows you a preview too. And if you don?t like it you can say no.

Ahh that's because I'm still trying to find the right map! I'm trying to figure out where I'd put all the perm buildings before sticking with one.

Which letters do villagers keep to show others? Only the first letter the player has written them, or an assortment?

I invited a villager into my town last night, and this morning I wanted to plot reset for the first time, but I can't find the villager's plot! ;_; what gives?

So I left my 3DS on over night in game by accident. It turned on, saved, and I discovered someone have put down a plot for a house. Because it saved I couldn't do the trick whee you can choose where they live. They chose a HORRIBLE place. Is my only option at this point time travel? And if so how exactly should I go about this?

Both my and my friend's town has native pears. I kept my perfect pear and he sold his. If I give him a perfect pair from my town will it grow as a perfect pear in his town?

As much info about perfect fruit out there, I should have found an answer to this, but I'm still not sure what is meant by native in the context of perfect fruit. Does it mean native as in actually grew there or does it mean the kind of fruit your town was created with? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Both my and my friend's town has native pears. I kept my perfect pear and he sold his. If I give him a perfect pair from my town will it grow as a perfect pear in his town?

As much info about perfect fruit out there, I should have found an answer to this, but I'm still not sure what is meant by native in the context of perfect fruit. Does it mean native as in actually grew there or does it mean the kind of fruit your town was created with? Thanks in advance for any help. :)
If your native fruit is pears and so is his, it shouldn't be a problem for him to grow perfect pairs either. I accidentally did the same thing with my apples! Luckily a friend was nice enough to give me a bushel of her perfect apples, so I was able to grow my own.

The only perfect fruit that will grow in your town is your native fruit. By that I mean the fruit that grew there naturally from the start. In your case, and your friends, that fruit is the pear. So you can plant a perfect pear and it will grow a perfect pear tree. Just remember that perfect fruit trees can be temperamental so when you shake them to get the fruit it's best to keep one. That way if the tree doesn't reproduce perfect fruit after shaking it, you'll have one to replant.

Which letters do villagers keep to show others? Only the first letter the player has written them, or an assortment?
They usually show me the first letter, but they have also shown me the latest letter written to them before. I haven't seen any other letters.

Thanks for the quick clear answer!!

Here's another newbie question. This time about running. I know running is bad for grass. Does it count as running if my circle pad is pushed all the way up but I'm pressing B? Or is that just considered fast walking? Does fast walking erode grass?

So I left my 3DS on over night in game by accident. It turned on, saved, and I discovered someone have put down a plot for a house. Because it saved I couldn't do the trick whee you can choose where they live. They chose a HORRIBLE place. Is my only option at this point time travel? And if so how exactly should I go about this?

I just wanted to quote my question. I'm still unsure how to go about this.

thanks for the awnser

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yeah another question how can you decide where a villager wants to live

Last edited:
thanks for the awnser

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yeah another question how can you decide where a villager wants to live

I'm sorry if you think this is asked too much. I know how to choose but I left it on which saved where they plotted and I don't like it. The question is essentially about the time travel necessary to fix it. I looked at other forums and couldn't find an answer so I asked.

If a villager is packed up and ready to move, how long do you have to get them adopted? Do they just go to sleep at their usual time?

If a villager is packed up and ready to move, how long do you have to get them adopted? Do they just go to sleep at their usual time?

I think they wake up at their normal time, so they probably go to sleep at the same as they normally do. I cannot be 100% sure, but I think it is the case.

I think they wake up at their normal time, so they probably go to sleep at the same as they normally do. I cannot be 100% sure, but I think it is the case.

yeah i can confirm this.

in addition, (fun fact) after someone adopts your villager, and you check their home after their sleep sched, the note on the door is their sleeping message instead of their move-out message lol.

Alright, thank you for your responses!

yeah i can confirm this.

in addition, (fun fact) after someone adopts your villager, and you check their home after their sleep sched, the note on the door is their sleeping message instead of their move-out message lol.

Yeah, I saw this when I wanted to check on Dotty after someone adopted her. I'm just glad I said goodbye to her earlier, so I didn't miss my chance.

Back