• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Can you place a house directly next to stones (like the ones in front of the train station and stuff)? I know you can plant trees and shrubs there without having to leave a space, but not sure if you can with houses?

Can you place a house directly next to stones (like the ones in front of the train station and stuff)? I know you can plant trees and shrubs there without having to leave a space, but not sure if you can with houses?

No, you cannot. I believe there has to be at least one space between your house and the stone.

what's the best way to cycle out villagers while still maintaining your town? Marshal moved a few days ago and I wanna get him back

what's the best way to cycle out villagers while still maintaining your town? Marshal moved a few days ago and I wanna get him back

Set your ordinance to 'beautiful town' for sure, especially if you're going to time travel to cycle faster. I also make sure to talk to every villager each time I go forward a day to check and see if anyone is thinking about moving out.

Do I have to write real things in the letters I send to villagers? Sometimes I just want to send them a piece of furniture for their house and be done with it. In the GC version, they would harass you for sending "bad" letters.

If an animal has put a piece of furniture I want them to keep up for sale in Re-Tail, will they ever take it down? Or should I just buy it and send it to them again?

Do I have to write real things in the letters I send to villagers? Sometimes I just want to send them a piece of furniture for their house and be done with it. In the GC version, they would harass you for sending "bad" letters.

If an animal has put a piece of furniture I want them to keep up for sale in Re-Tail, will they ever take it down? Or should I just buy it and send it to them again?

I think they took that bad letter penalty away. But the villagers now just warn you about how they'll share their letters with others when they move so to not put anything embarrassing etcetc

As for the second, buy it, send it back to them, then fill that spot in retail (all empty spots really) with super high priced flowers or something.
They do not take the item down - from my own experience - unless they move.

I think they took that bad letter penalty away. But the villagers now just warn you about how they'll share their letters with others when they move so to not put anything embarrassing etcetc

As for the second, buy it, send it back to them, then fill that spot in retail (all empty spots really) with super high priced flowers or something.
They do not take the item down - from my own experience - unless they move.

Thank you for the super quick response!! :)

So I'm learning the ropes of plot resetting... I made a new character and sent him to find Poppy's plot. I found it, and it was in a weird place, so I opened the home menu, pressed close game, and then opened it up again and created another new character. Poppy's plot was in the same place, but it wasn't a plot anymore! It was a house, and she's unpacking! It's not a horrible place, so I'm not too upset, but what am I doing wrong?

So I'm learning the ropes of plot resetting... I made a new character and sent him to find Poppy's plot. I found it, and it was in a weird place, so I opened the home menu, pressed close game, and then opened it up again and created another new character. Poppy's plot was in the same place, but it wasn't a plot anymore! It was a house, and she's unpacking! It's not a horrible place, so I'm not too upset, but what am I doing wrong?

I'm pretty sure the only way this could have happened is if it passed over to the next day whilst you were making the second character the second time? Then it would make sense that it would show up as a house instead of a plot. However the game still hasn't saved the villagers location (unless you've loaded up your mayor) so you still be able to plot reset even if it does show as a house now. Try it out!

I'm pretty sure the only way this could have happened is if it passed over to the next day whilst you were making the second character the second time? Then it would make sense that it would show up as a house instead of a plot. However the game still hasn't saved the villagers location (unless you've loaded up your mayor) so you still be able to plot reset even if it does show as a house now. Try it out!

Before I made a new character, I TT'd to 5:58 A.M. the day before the plot was supposed to show up (I heard that plots "appear" at 6 A.M.). After I saved and quit, I went ahead and made a new character. Did my setting the block to 5:58 A.M. have something to do with it becoming a house the second time?

Before I made a new character, I TT'd to 5:58 A.M. the day before the plot was supposed to show up (I heard that plots "appear" at 6 A.M.). After I saved and quit, I went ahead and made a new character. Did my setting the block to 5:58 A.M. have something to do with it becoming a house the second time?

No it shouldn't have...... so lets run through
So let's say you were playing on the day of 10th, or the early morning of the 11th - then you asked someone to move in. (The 11th is the plot appearing day.) Then, you changed the time to just before it would hit the next 6am. Then you made the new character, didn't like the plot, quit without saving. Then you made a new character for the second time, loaded the game and for some reason it was a house.

The things you could have messed up following this example would be: if you were playing on the early morning of the 11th, and accidentally changed the date one day forward, when you would've only needed to change the time a couple of hours ahead to 5.58.
Or, you could've accidentally loaded up your mayor between resetting the two characters.

Do you think any of those could be what you did ?

Last edited:
So I'm trying to get two of my dreamies in and I'm questioning as to whether or not it is possible to move them into the spots I want:

Dotty's spot:
hni_0025.jpg

Genji's spot:
hni_0026.jpg

hni_0027.jpg

So is it possible for them to get in here or are the pwps and bridge getting in the way...?

I'm actually not sure if the PWP will be in the way, but the only way for sure to have them in those spots is to plot reset until their plot happens to eventually go into that spot.

If I turn back the time to be earlier in the day that it is (I have played during the day too) Will that still count as me TT for a day? Or does it simply just turn back the clock?

If I turn back the time to be earlier in the day that it is (I have played during the day too) Will that still count as me TT for a day? Or does it simply just turn back the clock?

The only bad thing that will happen is that turnips will spoil, if you bought some. I don`t think it counts as TT a day.

Do animals change headgear? I have Victoria and want to know if her face mask can come off if I send her something else?
Nope, you can't change whatever a villager has on their face/head, only their shirt! Would be a cute idea for a next AC game, though. :)

Edit: Oh, and no, they don't change it themselves, either.

Last edited:
Back