• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Sorry if this question is already awnsered but i heard you must be friends with someone to go to their town with internet . is this true and if it is how can you become 'friends'

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know if this works for you but when i want someone to move out when that person is in boxes i come and introduce myself and then i never talk to that animal again and it is gone in a week .

You add each other's 3ds friend codes.

Ok. So I'm having issues planting my bamboo. I read somewhere that you don't have to put a space between bamboo for them to grow properly but mine always die. I currently have 2 bamboo plants and they have one space between them. If I plant a bamboo shut between them it just dirs. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the answer! What things do you need a free character slot to do? I know plot resetting but anything else?

Also, does anyone have a picture that shows where things can be placed around the cafe? A bit unsure as to how it works with the extra square in front of the entrance, and dont want to position it wrongly as I can't change it! Thanks in advance!

Ok. So I'm having issues planting my bamboo. I read somewhere that you don't have to put a space between bamboo for them to grow properly but mine always die. I currently have 2 bamboo plants and they have one space between them. If I plant a bamboo shut between them it just dirs. What am I doing wrong?

Bamboo is just like a tree, so you can`t plant between. You can plant bushes between them though.

This has probably been asked a hundred times, but how many spaces has to be between the edge of the plaza and a pwp? in this case, the roost.
I know that the roost needs 3 empty spaces to the left and right of it, and one space front and back, but I want to put it to the right of the plaza. Will that still be 3 spaces or would it be 4 bc of the plaza? Thanks! x

Ok so i have a question about brewsters cafe...how do i work in the cafe? I seem to have no idea about it...also what are the special beans i keep reading about ? What is the purpose of them?

Ok so i have a question about brewsters cafe...how do i work in the cafe? I seem to have no idea about it...also what are the special beans i keep reading about ? What is the purpose of them?

after you've had seven cups of coffee at the roost, talk to brewster by standing next to the counter and he'll offer you a job.
if you serve the customers their orders correctly, he will give you rewards. gradually, the rewards will get better and you will get the brewster gyroids, which is the last reward.
coffee beans have no use except for selling in retail really.

after you've had seven cups of coffee at the roost, talk to brewster by standing next to the counter and he'll offer you a job.
if you serve the customers their orders correctly, he will give you rewards. gradually, the rewards will get better and you will get the brewster gyroids, which is the last reward.
coffee beans have no use except for selling in retail really.
Wow i didnt know i have to stand on the counter and talk to him...have had more than 7 cups :)
Thanks for the heads up:))

A few days ago, since I had 2 open villager spaces, I adopted Portia and Moe in the same day.
The next day, Moe plotted out his home.
Yesterday, Moe was in boxes.
Today, Moe has unpacked.
What happened to Portia? I checked around and she hasn't plotted. o_o
When is she going to move in?
And how soon will a villager ping me to leave after another villager has moved in?

A few days ago, since I had 2 open villager spaces, I adopted Portia and Moe in the same day.
Today, Moe has unpacked.
And how soon will a villager ping me to leave after another villager has moved in?
I'm afraid Portia won't show up anymore; if you invite several villagers to move in on the same in-game day, only the last villager you invited will move in. If you want to invite several villagers, you'll have to do it on separate in-game days!

Edit: Oh, and to answer your second question, there isn't a set amount of time between a villager moving in and the next villager wanting to move out. It could be as early as the next day, or it could be several days. I've never heard of it taking longer than a week though, but I could be wrong about that.

Last edited:
Today, Moe has unpacked.
You can only invite one villager in at a time, even if you have multiple spaces for villagers. The last villager you invited was probably Moe, which is why he moved in, and therefore cancelled out Portia moving in.

When Moe has plotted, then you can invite Portia back in, if you still have one more villager space.

A villager can ping you to move anytime, whether on the same day or the next day. If you have 8 villagers though, no one will ping you to move until the 9th one moves in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So does that mean I can't put it right against a pwp either?

Nope, there needs to be one space between a PWP and bamboo/trees/bushes for it to grow.

Last edited:
If I want to plot reset a villager, do I have to get them into the right spot within the day? Or, could I go to bed and start up my game the next day with a new character and just repeat the process until the villager goes to the right place?

If I want to plot reset a villager, do I have to get them into the right spot within the day? Or, could I go to bed and start up my game the next day with a new character and just repeat the process until the villager goes to the right place?

You can, yes.

Are there any consequences for TT'ing backwards? Once I'm done cycling villagers, I'd like to set the date to be current. Will I lose any villagers or mess up my town?

This has probably been asked a hundred times, but how many spaces has to be between the edge of the plaza and a pwp? in this case, the roost.
I know that the roost needs 3 empty spaces to the left and right of it, and one space front and back, but I want to put it to the right of the plaza. Will that still be 3 spaces or would it be 4 bc of the plaza? Thanks! x

quoting my previous post in case anyone's online now that may know :blush:

Back