• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Does ignoring a villager really work to try and get them to move out? I had O Hare move in a couple weeks ago unexpectedly from a friend's town and now my town is full. I want him to move out, so when he first moved in, I introduced myself as the mayor and my 3 other player characters, but only spoke to him once with each person. He's still around and I've had 3 or 4 villagers ask to move out except him. I'm beginning to think ignoring him won't do anything and that I should just befriend him.

I just hope he's not like Cherry is--though I like her, she was my 9th villager and she's never asked to move once, even though I'm at my highest friendship with her.

Does ignoring a villager really work to try and get them to move out? I had O Hare move in a couple weeks ago unexpectedly from a friend's town and now my town is full. I want him to move out, so when he first moved in, I introduced myself as the mayor and my 3 other player characters, but only spoke to him once with each person. He's still around and I've had 3 or 4 villagers ask to move out except him. I'm beginning to think ignoring him won't do anything and that I should just befriend him.

I just hope he's not like Cherry is--though I like her, she was my 9th villager and she's never asked to move once, even though I'm at my highest friendship with her.

A friend of me always day that talking to a villager daily (Not really befriending him though) will make him move out faster than ignoring a villager. I do not have any proof of this or have experience with this theory. So maybe you'll just have to try talking to villagers you want to kick out of your town! At least i can say i had that purple frog in my town (forgot the name) and i wanted her out. I never ever talked to her and she stayed for like 3 months and like 5 villagers moved out already by the time she finally decided to move out!

Good luck! :p

If I TT to April Fool's Day, will I still be able to play it on the actual day this year? I know it doesn't work with birthdays. :)

I'm cycling right now and I'm on the day before April 1 so I want to make sure I can play it on the actual day when I have different villagers since I have 3 villagers I don't plan on keeping :)

Yes, I believe you can. I know someone who had a cycling town and literally moved back and forth between the second and first just to get as many pics as he could.

are gold roses worth anything on here? I've accidentally made like 20 of them and i don't want them

are gold roses worth anything on here? I've accidentally made like 20 of them and i don't want them

I'm pretty sure they are. People with beautiful ordinance towns would appreciate them since it isn't easy to get them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do I need more than one medicine to cure a villager with a cold?

If they are sick for more then one day, yes. I haven't had anybody sick like ever in this game but in wild world they would be sick for days.

Do I need more than one medicine to cure a villager with a cold?

Usually not, after you gave the first medicine he or she should be better the next day, but apparently they could be sick for more days. It never happened to me though and i have been playing since release, so i do not think that this is the case.

If I TT to April Fool's Day, will I still be able to play it on the actual day this year? I know it doesn't work with birthdays. :)

You can! I've done it to obtain 2 copies of villagers' pics.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can villagers not plot on top of stumps? :confused:

They can! I had a villager move in and he destroyed 2 of mine lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

My (parents') new router was set up to WPA2-PSK security and I can no longer play multiplayer online. I can still get DLC, use browser, etc but it's not letting me go to someone's town or let anyone visit. What's weird though is that I can still open the gate and see who's open but I get the error code when tell Porter I want to go to that town.

Anyone had the same problem and what's your router security set to?
Thanks!

You can! I've done it to obtain 2 copies of villagers' pics.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They can! I had a villager move in and he destroyed 2 of mine lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

My (parents') new router was set up to WPA2-PSK security and I can no longer play multiplayer online. I can still get DLC, use browser, etc but it's not letting me go to someone's town or let anyone visit. What's weird though is that I can still open the gate and see who's open but I get the error code when tell Porter I want to go to that town.

Anyone had the same problem and what's your router security set to?
Thanks!
Try running a connection test on your 3DS. I run it when I can and that seems to fix most of my issues for me. I don't know what security I use, but my 3DS can do most internet things fine except for going to towns

Kitty had me burry a time capsule for her... but it's gone now and I definitely checked the correct spot. What makes them disappear?

Kitty had me burry a time capsule for her... but it's gone now and I definitely checked the correct spot. What makes them disappear?
They will disappear the day after you bury them, so don't worry about that. After a certain amount of time passes (possibly a few weeks), it will reappear and Kitty will ask you to bring it back to her.

They will disappear the day after you bury them, so don't worry about that. After a certain amount of time passes (possibly a few weeks), it will reappear and Kitty will ask you to bring it back to her.

Oh thanks! I was worried I put it too close to a tree and it went away from that.

Last edited:
No they also do not affect your town rating (What Isabelle tells you at the town hall) either.

I was wondering how villager trading actually works, there doesn't seem to be an explanation of the process in the villager trading plaza. For example if I wanted to sell a villager of mine, how does that happen?

Back