• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ATTENTION! If you want a physical copy it may be best to preorder now!

I preordered AC:NL Wednsday; My local Gamestop also said there would only be copies for preorders. ;3

I ordered everything on Tuesday from Amazon, and current estimated delivery is the 12th. I don't really mind waiting a few extra days...it'll give me the chance to get the info I need before playing. ;) My sister and I have been like "Forget July! Christmas is in June this year!" :rolleyes: That's seriously how it feels, though! Soooooo excited<3

I ordered the Perfect Guidebook and Super Complete Catalog from itthamon. Both books + shipping came to almost $70, so PLEASE tell me these books are were worth it. Please... O_O

Wait, what. I reserved my copy for just $5 last Sunday. I was unaware that some Gamestops enforced a $25 fee.

yeah the $25 fee is for if your pre-ordering the bundle, $5 for the game

at toys r us for the bundle there was no fee you just put your card info in and I think best buy had a $5 fee for the bundle as well

I ordered everything on Tuesday from Amazon, and current estimated delivery is the 12th. I don't really mind waiting a few extra days...it'll give me the chance to get the info I need before playing. ;) My sister and I have been like "Forget July! Christmas is in June this year!" :rolleyes: That's seriously how it feels, though! Soooooo excited<3

I ordered the Perfect Guidebook and Super Complete Catalog from itthamon. Both books + shipping came to almost $70, so PLEASE tell me these books are were worth it. Please... O_O

hmmm im not familiar with those books, however amazon has the prima guide for $12 every where else is $20 for the prima guide

I would normally pre-order and purchase the cartridge, but New Leaf is a game I'll play everyday for over a year. Using a downloaded version will be more convenient so I don't have to keep switching cartridges out. Also I had the game reader slot on an old DS break from overuse.

hmmm im not familiar with those books, however amazon has the prima guide for $12 every where else is $20 for the prima guide

Japanese guides. :) I haven't done a TON a research, but the reviews make it seem worth it because you don't have to know the language to understand it, and I doubt we'll get the same information in the English guide(s). I've never collected game guides before, so I don't know if I should find $30 a pop pricey. I ordered the Prima guide, as well.

I was only able to find three on Amazon, and I got these:
http://www.amazon.com/Tobidase-Doub...r=8-4&keywords=animal+crossing+new+leaf+guide
http://www.amazon.com/Tobidase-Doub...r=8-2&keywords=animal+crossing+new+leaf+guide

There's also this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Strategy-Guid...r=8-5&keywords=animal+crossing+new+leaf+guide
...but I didn't think it would be much use to me. I basically just want big, self-explanatory picture books. :rolleyes:

I would normally pre-order and purchase the cartridge, but New Leaf is a game I'll play everyday for over a year. Using a downloaded version will be more convenient so I don't have to keep switching cartridges out. Also I had the game reader slot on an old DS break from overuse.

Is it weird that I find the sound of the cartridges clicking in/out satisfying? >.> GBA games just slide in, so when I got my first DS, uh... I couldn't stop popping my games in and out. :p Click-click. Click-click. Click-click.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

Is it weird that I find the sound of the cartridges clicking in/out satisfying? >.> GBA games just slide in, so when I got my first DS, uh... I couldn't stop popping my games in and out. :p Click-click. Click-click. Click-click.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

No, I don't find that weird. XD I prefer a physical copy of a game. It has more of a nostalgia affect on me in the later years, and it's nice to be able to touch the thing I purchased. If I went the physical copy route for New Leaf I would have to wait about 5 more days to buy it, so... download version here I come.

Watching LinandKo's videos, they said Nintendo was controlling the amount of games a shop could order. I've pre-ordered the XL off of Amazon, so I should be okay, I think.

I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so usually, I never panicked about not pre-ordering a game. There aren't a lot of gamers where I live, so I always got a copy of any new game just by walking in and asking for it nonchalantly. xD
But after the Fire Emblem fiasco, where my store never got stock until two months after?
I'm definitely pre-ordering now. ><​

I live in a small town too, where normally there isn't an issue getting new games. But, I really don't want to risk not being able to find it. So, I just pre-ordered it. I feel better now that I did it.

I live in a small town too, where normally there isn't an issue getting new games. But, I really don't want to risk not being able to find it. So, I just pre-ordered it. I feel better now that I did it.

I always feel good after pre-ordering something like this!

Just another confirmation about the limited copies available for New Leaf. I went to Gamestop last night to pre-order a 3rd AC:NL game (don't judge me, it's for my kid...and my first two games are paid off already!). The manager said that it was a smart move as he's been 'informally informed' that they will only be receiving the pre-ordered games. They will probably receive more copies to sell in-store a few weeks after the initial release.

Really? If this is the case, I'll probably end up preordering. Does anyone know if this will be happening at Walmart since I was planning on going there to buy it anyway?

Really? If this is the case, I'll probably end up preordering. Does anyone know if this will be happening at Walmart since I was planning on going there to buy it anyway?

I would assume that it would be happening anywhere. I'd pre-order it, just to be on the safe side. c:

Yeah, BB said the same thing when I preordered my copy.
Better safe than sorry. At least with preorders (and I'm using BB for an example) if one BB doesn't have the copy to fulfill the preorder generally you can drive to another BB and see if they have a copy to fulfill the preorder. However, the only other BB I know of that I can go to if my nearest one doesn't have the copy is in another part of the city where traffic is horrendous. So, either the BB I preordered my copy from gets the copy or I'm outta luck if Target doesn't save the day.

Pre-ordered several months ago lol. The woman at Gamestop did tell me something similar to this that the pre-orders were flying for this game.

I was about to make a new thread about this but I figured why not just ask here.

Can anyone explain to me about these payments I keep seeing people talk about making payments to gamestop.

I know at game stop you put a down payment of $5 for the game and $25 for the bundle...but I then see people taying they paid this off or something anyway can somebody explain this too me? I have never pre-ordered from game stop

I pre-ordered my bundle at toys r us and today they just processed it, but I was hoping they wouldnt process it till june anyway

I was wondering if I should cancel my order at toys r us so I can just make payments at game stop

Back