• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ATTENTION! If you want a physical copy it may be best to preorder now!

You should have a bit more faith in the download. I bought Fire Emblem Awakening through the eShop and it took somewhere around the time for me to watch a single episode of a show on Netflix to download and install. So it wasn't bad at all. And yes, this was during the midnight release.

So if all else fails and you want it as soon as possible, just go digital. I have $10 of credit from the Wii U digital promotion, which I put on my 3DS which I've been saving for this game.

I do plan to pre-order it from GAME, but if I want them to send Animal Crossing to my address, will it come on the day, or will it be late? I'm still trying to decide.

I'll answer you! I've preordered the bundle from Game and everything I've read points to the fact that they are very good at getting games to you by release date or the day before it. If you pay for the more expensive postage option, then it's guaranteed. I paid extra as it's a console bundle and I want the extra security of tracking, but they're pretty good.

Shopto are doing it as well (without the preorder bonus but cheaper) and I've preordered the cartridge version from them. They have never yet got a game to me any later than the day after ordering, even on their free delivery service. They're posting it out on the Wednesday, so I expect the game on the Thursday (13th)

You should have a bit more faith in the download. I bought Fire Emblem Awakening through the eShop and it took somewhere around the time for me to watch a single episode of a show on Netflix to download and install. So it wasn't bad at all. And yes, this was during the midnight release.

So if all else fails and you want it as soon as possible, just go digital. I have $10 of credit from the Wii U digital promotion, which I put on my 3DS which I've been saving for this game.

Hmmm...this is interesting. I honestly have no idea what to expect going into this because I've only had my 3DS for about 3 days now! I downloaded a game and it took about 30 minutes when all was said and done. I just assumed that downloading would be slower when there were more people trying to do so, which was probably a dumb assumption to make. Haha. This definitely gives me something to think about. I should just be patient and wait the 2 extra days that Amazon says it will take to arrive, but it'll be hard not to get jealous of everyone else in NA enjoying the game.

Hmmm...this is interesting. I honestly have no idea what to expect going into this because I've only had my 3DS for about 3 days now! I downloaded a game and it took about 30 minutes when all was said and done. I just assumed that downloading would be slower when there were more people trying to do so, which was probably a dumb assumption to make. Haha. This definitely gives me something to think about. I should just be patient and wait the 2 extra days that Amazon says it will take to arrive, but it'll be hard not to get jealous of everyone else in NA enjoying the game.

It is not a dumb assumption at all! When a ton of people are gunning to download, it will take longer, as the servers get a ton of traffic. It could take a little while to download.

Last edited:
Which is why I stuck with the physical copy. (Then again, it's all subjective really)
Sure it's not convenient since I have to drive out to my local shop to pick it up (hopefully).

Now the big question is, is the game already patched in some way or during the release week or the week after Nintendo will release a patch? Or will there be new glitches to take the place of the originals? I really don't want to risk losing my finished town due to an oversight.

But I trust them, they've been good about patching games before shipping them overseas, like the Pokemon games (Diamond and Pearl's clipping glitch, Black and White's invisible Zoroark).

Another thing that worries me most is, as anyone whose played WW online recalls, nefarious individuals planting invisible items that corrupt the saves of the games. Sure it's one's duty to be safe about letting people come into the town, but being the 3DS version, I really fear what damage they can do.

Just my thoughts, although, once Nintendo enacts policies similar to Sony and Microsoft's digital ownership (ability to redownload applications/games through the account's transaction history no matter the system) I might start buying major games digitally.

Which is why I stuck with the physical copy. (Then again, it's all subjective really)
Sure it's not convenient since I have to drive out to my local shop to pick it up (hopefully).

Now the big question is, is the game already patched in some way or during the release week or the week after Nintendo will release a patch? Or will there be new glitches to take the place of the originals? I really don't want to risk losing my finished town due to an oversight.

But I trust them, they've been good about patching games before shipping them overseas, like the Pokemon games (Diamond and Pearl's clipping glitch, Black and White's invisible Zoroark).

Another thing that worries me most is, as anyone whose played WW online recalls, nefarious individuals planting invisible items that corrupt the saves of the games. Sure it's one's duty to be safe about letting people come into the town, but being the 3DS version, I really fear what damage they can do.

Just my thoughts, although, once Nintendo enacts policies similar to Sony and Microsoft's digital ownership (ability to redownload applications/games through the account's transaction history no matter the system) I might start buying major games digitally.

Nintendo really cracked down on people messing with their software. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I plan on downloading it at midnight. I would like to get the 3DS XL bundle, but its convenient to just buy a redeemable gift card before release, and just DL it and play.

I wanna preorder the game but I don't know from where yet! I want the game at midnight or shortly after. I don't think Gamestop will be doing a midnight launch for the game (at least in my area) and I've heard Walmart could either have it or not 'til the morning of. I got the guide from Amazon but don't wanna run the risk of them being late with the game. But, I really want the physical copy but I feel like digital might be my best bet here. =P

It apparently comes pre-patched.

Hopefully if anyone did leave an invisible/problematic item we'd be able to drop a public work on top of it and have it sent to the Lost and found so you can collect it and get rid of it. ;]

I'm just going to go to Walmart at like 9am and if they don't have it then I will go to Gamestop, which is next to Walmart, and if they don't have it I will go home and download it. :p Though, They will have it. I know they will

Finally had my mom pre-order mine tonight. We were going to, eventually, but this made me want to do it sooner. It's kind of silly what Nintendo might do.

Per-ordered it in March, thinking the Korean launch for April might apply to the US... Anyhow at least I have it ordered, but now I'm deciding if I should get the Prima guide...:confused:

Luckily, I'm getting the digital copy anyway. I want to always have the game in my 3DS, so I think this will work out best for me. It'll be a nice perk getting to download at midnight, too haha. XD

I just pre-ordered the bundle I was going to wait till atleast a week before to pre-order, since I will actually not be able to get the bundle till the end of june (broke college student over here :( ) but it had been bugging me with the what if it really sells out 0.o and over these last 2 weeks 2 other stores (best buy and toys rus) put pre orders up for it too, but best buys literally like literally just sold out because I looked earlier today...I just went ahead and ordered it from toys r us since unlike game stop you dont need $25 to pre order it, and will ask my mom for money and pay her back when I get paid ha ha

Just pre-ordered my copy online, and luckily they're participating in the pre-order bonus! Can't wait to have that cute Isabelle figurine on my desk. :blush:

I've got mine pre-ordered at my local Game store (UK).
I had a bit of a chat with the cashier who mentioned that considering the amount of online vs in-store pre-orders they get, that you're actually more likely to get the pre-order bonus if you do it in store as they're required to have a certain amount in stock at the physical shops, and from the looks of it pre-ordering in-store isn't as popular these days...

(I'm not 100% convinced by what he said, but there might be some truth in it, esp. if you consider everyone is now in a rush to pre-order online.)

I've only seen that $25 fee at GameStop when preordering a console

Back