Boccages’ Animal Crossing art dump

I went back and drew O'Hare again for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
I wanted to experiment with noisier textures. So I drew him while he was prancing around trying to catch bugs.
8WgKQTU.png

Thank you very much Dedenne2 for taking the time to leave a comment. It?s always a pleasure to read these.

A second drawing that took me around 12 hours or so.

Main reason I don't draw often :(

I really like these drawings followed ur sig here :). I like how you color too hoping to color as well someday with coloring pencils. or get a good digutal drawing pad to make it simpler to edit errors.

Thanks Kuriboh ! I might not the most efficient at drawing on an iPad hence why it takes me so long. But it enables me to undo misteps. ;)

Main reason I don't draw often :(

I really like these drawings followed ur sig here :). I like how you color too hoping to color as well someday with coloring pencils. or get a good digutal drawing pad to make it simpler to edit errors.

omg these are all so cute I adore the expressions you drew on your picture of Ozzie and Canberra. You give such a wonderful expressiveness your drawings while still adhering to the ac art style. The noise texture you used for your latest O'Hare pic looks very nice and crisp.

omg these are all so cute I adore the expressions you drew on your picture of Ozzie and Canberra. You give such a wonderful expressiveness your drawings while still adhering to the ac art style. The noise texture you used for your latest O'Hare pic looks very nice and crisp.
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful and thoughtful comment, Scarfy. Wow ! It's very much appreciated. I'm planning to resume drawing Animal Crossing characters soon. Your comments really put some fuel back in my desire to do so.

After last week's Nintendo Direct I just had to draw Roald again. Fishing as we saw him during the video presentation.
hnb42qw.png

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful and thoughtful comment, Scarfy. Wow ! It's very much appreciated. I'm planning to resume drawing Animal Crossing characters soon. Your comments really put some fuel back in my desire to do so.

I'm glad. :) Your new Roald drawing is really cute! The pattern follows his form in a way that gives him so much depth. He looks like a little felt figure ^^ You've drawn some hints of scenery before. Have you considered trying a full background? I'm curious to see what you would do.

Yes!

That’s why I’m currently redrawing my favorite characters with the same noisy style as the latest O’Hare or Roald drawings : I plan to use them in a complete scene with trees, houses, etc.
I'm glad. :) Your new Roald drawing is really cute! The pattern follows his form in a way that gives him so much depth. He looks like a little felt figure ^^ You've drawn some hints of scenery before. Have you considered trying a full background? I'm curious to see what you would do.

As a fairly inexperienced artist myself, I definitely relate to the time expenditure each piece takes. Just go at your own pace and your technique will keep improving?as is already evident in your progress since the first drawings.

I like your style, especially in the newer art of O'Hare and Roald! You?ve added a few particularly nice touches in terms of lighting and character details (O?Hare?s net! Roald?s jacket!)

As a fairly inexperienced artist myself, I definitely relate to the time expenditure each piece takes. Just go at your own pace and your technique will keep improving—as is already evident in your progress since the first drawings.

I like your style, especially in the newer art of O'Hare and Roald! You’ve added a few particularly nice touches in terms of lighting and character details (O’Hare’s net! Roald’s jacket!)
Thanks a lot for writing such a meaty comment, Fey ! I appreciate it. I'm trying to be more efficient with Procreate, and sometimes I make mistakes when managing layers which just makes things a lot longer. The newest Roald drawing took me a lot less time to complete. I wish I wouldn't have fused all the layers in the current one I'm working on. It would have been done by now.

I think this is my best drawing yet since I've decided to draw these characters again with the new look I gave O'Hare and Roald. Olive was next and she's carrying a picnic basket now. I love the colours on this one.
dJieqTK.png

Oh sweet Olive—she looks precious!

Seeing your drawings, I now completely understand why having all Villagers included in NH is so important to you! I sincerely hope you’ll be able to meet all your favorites on the Island again ♥

Oh sweet Olive—she looks precious!

Seeing your drawings, I now completely understand why having all Villagers included in NH is so important to you! I sincerely hope you’ll be able to meet all your favorites on the Island again ♥

Thanks again, Fey ! I always like your comments. Always positive and constructive !

Having all the characters back is really important to me. Olive was cut from Wild World and I never really thought she would be back. I feel like that would be the case for other Animal Crossing fans who felt like they were left behind when their favorite character was cut at one point or another.

Here you go, Fey ! Here is Hans on a rainy day ;) I hope you like how I drew one of your favorite characters.

9P3EEbH.png

Yes!

That?s why I?m currently redrawing my favorite characters with the same noisy style as the latest O?Hare or Roald drawings : I plan to use them in a complete scene with trees, houses, etc.

Oh! That's an interesting approach to creating a scene! I'm really looking forward to seeing the result. Especially with your latest picture of Olive. Her blouse is soo cute ;_;! and I really like the warm hue you added to the shadow side of her paws.
Also, Hans looks so cute and content in his raincoat and boots. I love the sparkle in his eyes. (He's also one of my faves, hehe. I bet Fey will love it.) :)

Oh! That's an interesting approach to creating a scene! I'm really looking forward to seeing the result. Especially with your latest picture of Olive. Her blouse is soo cute ;_;! and I really like the warm hue you added to the shadow side of her paws.
Also, Hans looks so cute and content in his raincoat and boots. I love the sparkle in his eyes. (He's also one of my faves, hehe. I bet Fey will love it.) :)
Thanks Scarfy ! I love to read your comments. I'm glad you took the time to write one. It's cool you like Hans that much. Fey told me it was one of her favorites so I drew him.

Animal Crossing - Pate collecting sticks in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
N2PF7r8.png

I don't think I've spent that much time drawing a simple top like that before. Man. It was light yellow, than light green, with a ribbon, as a sweater, etc. I just couldn't find something that would fit. Than this pink top came along and I liked it.

Here you go, Fey ! Here is Hans on a rainy day ;) I hope you like how I drew one of your favorite characters.

9P3EEbH.png

It's taken me a while to get to this, but I absolutely adore how you drew Hans! Thank you for choosing one of my favorites and taking the time to capture him so perfectly ♥

I love the rainy day motif! Of all my villagers, Hans is the one that seems the most comforting in bad times, and I can just imagine him offering to share that umbrella! His laid-back confidence definitely shows in the eyes!

Back