Bowie's Art Thread V2 ★ Digital Paintings, GFX, 3D Renders, Tutorials

69xQD9Sh.jpg

Same image with a bit of colour correction.

I am going to be streaming again today at 8:20 PM, GMT. I thought maybe I'd attract more viewers if I announced it ahead of time! The stream will feature me 3D posing, a bit of modelling, and Photoshop painting.

Last edited:
Stream has ended. Only one watcher again, but one is better than none, right?

Qyh1naZ.png

hKnsKA9.png

That first one is a little too detailed, in my opinion. Looks too much like the 3D render I used as reference. The second one is better, I think.

Last edited:
these have gotten so much better since i was last active on tbt and saw this thread back in late summer (not that they were bad before lol) they look great!! (:)

these have gotten so much better since i was last active on tbt and saw this thread back in late summer (not that they were bad before lol) they look great!! (:)

Thank you so much! Don't be afraid to say they sucked, though. 'Cause they really bloody did.

Planning another stream today at 8:10 PM, GMT.

In this stream, I will be showing you guys how you can turn a relatively simple 3D render into a beautiful(?) digital painting!

KfCdEvt.png

3xOsWAv.png

Last edited:
x2smQjs.png

And I call this piece "Way Too Much Bloody Saturation".

On a lighter note (get it, lighter?), I'm getting better at backgrounds! My technique is simply to colour and shade the character prior to putting it into the background.

May I make a request for you to do a 3D art of a drawing of me? If it's possible I'd like to have the tail either teal or blue. A nice balance between the purple skin and blue/teal tail would be nice.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=4cf41f9c33b64f03036cb9e30db8d8f5&oe=57A50756

Man, I wish I could, but modelling people is still something I'm having difficulties with. Until I'm more experienced in that area, I'm gonna have to decline. Thank you for the offer, though!

I wish I could say more about it, but I am currently working on a pretty huge creative project at the moment, and I just thought I'd let you guys know. When the project is over I will be able to tell you a little more about it, but for the time being all I can say is that it's very interactive and will commence on a very public medium.

Your Metroid pictures are getting repetitive. It's getting dull.

That's not very nice. I enjoy making Metroid art! It's experimental, more than anything else. I get to learn more about colour balance and textures and shading. A lot of time and effort goes into making them.

Nothing I make here is made to appeal to other people, and very few pieces would ever make it into my portfolio. It's for me, and so people can follow my creative progress. Helps me because I can look back on my older work and see how much I've improved. Keeps me motivated.

I don't appreciate that kind of attitude. An artist should never be a slave to their audience. They should stay true to their work, so only the true followers are there when they become "repetitive" or "dull". That is the formula of a great artist, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back