• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Buying Drawings of Complete Meals for 100 TBT [CURRENTLY CLOSED]

kiwikenobi

GONE FROM TBT
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Feedback
100% (1794) +
I'm currently saving my TBT for other art, so I'm putting this food drawing thread on hold. But maybe I'll be back looking for food drawings again someday! And PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY OF YOUR FOOD DRAWINGS in this thread anytime, even when it's closed, if you want to share them for free, just know that I won't be giving any TBT for them at this time. :)

I love art of food. So I'd like to see some food drawings by any of the great artists here who are interested in drawing food.

What I'd like to commission from whoever is interested is: a meal for one, ready to eat, with a menu of your choice. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack, any meal. Whatever foods you think would go good together, that's what I'd like to see you draw. It can be any kind of food from anywhere in the world, or made up fantasy food if you want. No need for characters or backgrounds, this is all about the food.

Your drawing will belong to you, of course, and you can do what you want with it. I'm not going to do anything with it, like posting it anywhere or anything. I just want to see it. ^o^;>

TL;DR I'll pay 100TBT for a drawing of a complete meal. If you want to post a drawing of a single dish, that's fine, but that's not what I'm in the market for, so I won't be giving TBT for those anymore.

Last edited:
Just posting this pic of a cheeseburger and fries ... freebie for your generous gift of my town tune 💛
Totally ok if you don’t want or like it 😊
5979C063-0206-4065-830A-B4CC062DCDBA.jpeg

20210423_223000.jpg

Ahhh there are so many options; I don't know what to choose! I love food! If there was anything that could bring about world peace and remove barriers and create friendship, it's food...🥐🧀🍞🍦🍰🍣🍔🍕 I'll return for this challenge.

I love drawing food!!! About a year ago I got way in to making cute repeating patterns to print on fabric and turn in to dice bags to sell but then I kinda ran outta steam. But I made a couple of berry designs that I like. I can totally make you a food repeating pattern, looks good as a background imo
strawb 2.png

bananarevised.png
or I can like. just paint with watercolor or whatever. a more traditional still-life style
mufflollipop.jpeg

reeses.jpeg

panks.jpeg

frUIT.jpeg

I love drawing food!!! About a year ago I got way in to making cute repeating patterns to print on fabric and turn in to dice bags to sell but then I kinda ran outta steam. But I made a couple of berry designs that I like. I can totally make you a food repeating pattern, looks good as a background imo
or I can like. just paint with watercolor or whatever. a more traditional still-life style

Omg I LOVE your still life food drawings!😍

Also, is dessert an option? I have an idea for a small desserty food I want to try to draw. Just cause.

@Millysaurusrexjr Those repeating patterns are cute! And I like your other food drawings, too!
If you have an idea for a meal to draw, I'd be happy to commission it from you. Is 100TBT all right? I'm willing to negotiate, I haven't actually had anyone draw me any food for TBT yet, so I'm not sure what the actual price ought to be. ^o^;>

Also, is dessert an option?
Sure! I was offering 100TBT for a full meal, so does 25TBT sound all right for just the one dish? Again, I'm open to negotiation, haven't done this before. ^o^>

@Millysaurusrexjr Those repeating patterns are cute! And I like your other food drawings, too!
If you have an idea for a meal to draw, I'd be happy to commission it from you. Is 100TBT all right? I'm willing to negotiate, I haven't actually had anyone draw me any food for TBT yet, so I'm not sure what the actual price ought to be. ^o^;>
Thank you! Hmm I'm gonna have to think about it a bit 🤔 Are there any foods or meals in particular you'd like to see drawn? Or any foods/meals you wouldn't like to see?
Also 100 TBT for a full meal/25 TBT for one dish sounds fine to me although I don't really do commissions or anything on here so I'm probably not the best judge for that!

P.S. Your username makes me wanna do a kiwi pattern! 🥝 or perhaps a kiwi painting!

If, by some chance, you're familiar with the light novels of Restaurant to Another World, pretty much any of the foods in the chapters that weren't made into animé episodes or manga volumes would be really cool to see drawn. The "kid's lunch" chapter intrigued me in particular. I believe those meals are called "okosama lunch" in Japanese. There was an item of one in New Leaf, the kiddie meal. I was disappointed to find it wasn't included in New Horizons. I had multiple rooms full of food in New Leaf.

I'm just fascinated by the foods that people decide to combine into a meal. Things that people think go well together are sometimes interesting and surprising. I'll sometimes look at all the microwave dinners in the freezer aisle, wondering how people decided which side dishes and desserts to pair with the entree. That makes me realize I'd also be stoked if anyone wants to draw a TV dinner, in a little tray with compartments.

I can also just have a straight-up single-dish drawing commission, too, if anyone feels inspired to draw just one food. But meals interest me the most.

The funniest thing is that I'm actually a super picky eater. I just really like looking at pictures of food. ^o^;>

Last edited:
If, by some chance, you're familiar with the light novels of Restaurant to Another World, pretty much any of the foods in the chapters that weren't made into animé episodes or manga volumes would be really cool to see drawn. The "kid's lunch" chapter intrigued me in particular. I believe those meals are called "okasama lunch" in Japanese. There was an item of one in New Leaf, the kiddie meal. I was disappointed to find it wasn't included in New Horizons. I had multiple rooms full of food in New Leaf.
I'm not familiar with that light novel (I don't read much manga) but after a google search, I think Okosama lunches look adorable! That and those bento box meals are fascinating to me. I'll try draw something based on that, it could make a cute pattern and should be a nice challenge :) I miss all the food from NL, I loved filling up a whole kitchen with food items lol. Hopefully they come back soon!!

I'm just fascinated by the foods that people decide to combine into a meal. Things that people think go well together are sometimes interesting and surprising. I'll sometimes look at all the microwave dinners in the freezer aisle, wondering how people decided which side dishes and desserts to pair with the entree. That makes me realize I'd also be stoked if anyone wants to draw a TV dinner, in a little tray with compartments.
I can definitely relate, I've broadened my food horizons so-to-speak in the past year and a lot of food combinations has pleasantly surprised me. Like coconut milk + rice or lime in tacos, or even peach on burgers. It's crazy. And I'm a bit of a picky eater myself but I have gotten way more adventurous.

But yeah, food pictures are fun to look at! Especially Ghibli food 🍳🥓🍜🍴

@Millysaurusrexjr Thank you! I just want to make sure it's clear that I'd like to commission just a regular drawing and not a pattern. But if you're just making a pattern yourself and feel like sharing it here, you're more than welcome to do that. :)

@Firesquids Great! I'd be happy to commission a drawing of a TV dinner from you, if you're inclined to draw one. It can be whatever kind of food you want in it. Something that's fun to draw, or something that sounds tasty to you, or whatever. :)

@Millysaurusrexjr Thank you! I just want to make sure it's clear that I'd like to commission just a regular drawing and not a pattern. But if you're just making a pattern yourself and feel like sharing it here, you're more than welcome to do that. :)
That's fine! A regular drawing would be just as fun :) It may take me a day or two and I would prefer you not send the TBT until I have finished it :giggle:

@Firesquids Great! I'd be happy to commission a drawing of a TV dinner from you, if you're inclined to draw one. It can be whatever kind of food you want in it. Something that's fun to draw, or something that sounds tasty to you, or whatever. :)
Banquettvdinner.png

I present your banquet dinner, fried chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, and brownie for dessert (some reheating required)

Last edited:
Back