• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Buying Drawings of Complete Meals for 100 TBT [CURRENTLY CLOSED]

Alright! After much deliberation, I have decided on my choice of offering: Xiaolongbao soup dumplings!

If there was truly ambrosia of the gods, it must be in dumpling form; who can resist a delicious savory filling enrobed in a delicate layer of dough? Every cuisine has a version: bao, mandu, ravioli, gyoza, pierogi, momo, empanadas, pelmeni... those are all the ones I can think of that I've tried. I miss dimsum. T_T

@jadetine Very nice! Are the dumplings in soup in the picture, or are they intended to be put into soup? Or maybe the soup is inside?

I was hoping for more complete meals than individual dishes in this thread, but I'll certainly give you the one-dish rate for your drawing! And if you come up with a whole meal, whether it includes your dumplings or not, I'll be happy to pay you for a drawing of that, too. :)

@jadetine Very nice! Are the dumplings in soup in the picture, or are they intended to be put into soup? Or maybe the soup is inside?

I was hoping for more complete meals than individual dishes in this thread, but I'll certainly give you the one-dish rate for your drawing! And if you come up with a whole meal, whether it includes your dumplings or not, I'll be happy to pay you for a drawing of that, too. :)
The soup is inside, muahahahhaha. One must be careful when taking the first bite, as the little pouch tends to burst. There's technique involved and the right balance of condiments (soy sauce, ginger, etc.) to consider. If you look at the Imperial Dining Table furnishing, that little steamer basket might be these soup dumplings.
I may have misread the prompt; a full meal is even harder to decide on! TY for the fun challenge; I would like to draw you an HD remake of the Kiddie Meal (free), if I get around to it!

@jadetine Soup inside a dumpling sounds really tasty! And I look forward to seeing your kiddie meal drawing if you make one someday! It has three different yummy-looking variations, too, so you have some options.

HHD Closeup - Kiddie Meals.jpg
(Yes, I took this screenshot myself. When I got HHD, when I realized you could zoom in the camera way closer than in New Leaf, the first thing I did was take screenshots of all of the variations of the food items.)

Thank you again! ^_^

Well, my friend ... this drawing is pretty lame but you went and got me all hooked on drawing food! LOL
This is just for fun and not for payment ... my lines are all wobbly and awkward, etc ... this is supposed to be an Okosama Kids Menu lunch, but I have no knowledge of what they are ... anyway here ya go

A943B069-0F60-4479-BB77-632DE4DB843D.jpeg

71A28ADC-B81B-4CD0-BBC4-BF733B3D0DE5.jpeg
(reference picture)🙃

@The Pennifer Aw, thank you!

Okosama lunches are a kind of common kid's meal in restaurants in Japan. They're frequently served on a plate with a picture on it, or one made in a whimsical shape. And they often stick a little paper flag into the rice. They're really cute and look delicious to me.

1619508478001.png

Oh, they are super cute! I love that little pudding! (Kind of reminds me of White Spot pirate pak kids meals) 😀
Or is that just a Canadian thing? Lol

I never heard of White Spot or pirate paks, but now I've looked them up, and they are similar! I would have loved to get a burger meal in a paper pirate ship as a kid (and I'd probably still enjoy it today, too XD).

I've never really drawn food before, other than little doodles in my notepads, so I thought I'd give this a go as it sounded fun. Plus I love looking at drawings of food, too lol.

cakeycake.png

I actually had fun and I think i'm going to try drawing other foody stuff - but in case I don't get around to it pls enjoy this cake for now 🍰 and thank you for the inspiration!

I've never really drawn food before, other than little doodles in my notepads, so I thought I'd give this a go as it sounded fun. Plus I love looking at drawings of food, too lol.

View attachment 371490

I actually had fun and I think i'm going to try drawing other foody stuff - but in case I don't get around to it pls enjoy this cake for now 🍰 and thank you for the inspiration!
Wow, this is so beautiful!

@Firesquids tysm! 💚 I was looking through all the drawing earlier and I legitimately love your post of the tv dinner with the plastic wrap still on the top lol - so good. The textures on the food look amazing - the fried chicken and the brownie?? the texture on them is so spot on.

@Millysaurusrexjr and I love your patterns and still life drawing. The colours and tones on the pears you drew are so incredible, I keep going back to look at them. And the highlights on the pottery? *chefs kiss*

@0ni That really is a beautiful cake! Thank you! I sent you the one-dish rate of 25TBT for your work. :)
Thank you very much! That's a very generous amount for my lil cake drawing - I really appreciate it 💚

Okosamama copy.png

One okosama lunch!! In the bottom right we have a hardboiled egg, a mess of cherry tomatoes, a few avocado slices w/ pepper, all atop some lettuce. In the bottom left is a mound of rice with ketchup/tomato sauce and one fried shrimp. In the top right are two orange slices, in the top middle are two strawberry slices, some blueberries, a blackberry, and a banana slice. And finally in the top left is a mini chocolate chip muffin that sits in a pink napkin. 🥢 🍤 🍚

View attachment 371606
One okosama lunch!! In the bottom right we have a hardboiled egg, a mess of cherry tomatoes, a few avocado slices w/ pepper, all atop some lettuce. In the bottom left is a mound of rice with ketchup/tomato sauce and one fried shrimp. In the top right are two orange slices, in the top middle are two strawberry slices, some blueberries, a blackberry, and a banana slice. And finally in the top left is a mini chocolate chip muffin that sits in a pink napkin. 🥢 🍤 🍚
This is awesome! Your fruit looks juicy and luscious 😋❤️ Great art ... what a wonderful idea @kiwikenobi

Back