Celebrating Diversity 2024: 3D Crafts Event Winners!

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
Tera Orb
Master Ball
Moon Ball
Love Ball
Pokéball
celebratingDiversityGrassBanner.png

The Celebrating Diversity 2024: 3D Crafts Event ran from June 7th to June 22nd 2024. This event celebrated TBT's diverse community by asking users to submit Animal Crossing 3D craft project that celebrated an aspect of diversity that personally resonated with them.

This year, we put the entrants to six staff members and they each nominated one entry as their favourite. The results are now in and here are the winners of our Celebrating Diversity 2024 3D Crafts Event:

Aniko
Chris: "Like many of your family members, I also have ADHD, so I find this extremely relatable! Unable to focus, thinking about umpteen things at once, or bouncing from one thing to the next and then getting side-tracked vacuuming the bedroom while a pasta pot boils over in the kitchen - just everyday life! I feel like this Cephalobot depiction most days and it meant a lot to see someone show ADHD in the way you have done here. Your choices of items here too (games controllers, to-do list, frying pan) just resonate with me and remind me of my own daily battle between work vs nutrition vs gaming!

I hope you manage to successfully make him into a fridge magnet, because the concept is genius! I know you said you had to glue him back together, but I can't even tell where. I think this was an excellent idea and brilliantly executed."

DaCoSim
Oblivia: "Going with a wreath is clever enough on its own, but the fact that you so perfectly themed it to Julian is next-level creativity. I love the charms, the color palette, and all the little touches that you added to elevate this from a simple craft to a legitimate work of art. You did our unicorn prince proud.

To touch upon your other inspiration, reading about your brother and his struggles really hit home. So many of us have disorders, illnesses, or differences that make fitting in difficult or impossible, and unfortunately we still live in a world where it's easier to judge, shun, or push away rather than extend some semblance of understanding and acceptance to those who differ from us. Your wreath was such a thoughtful way to pay tribute to your brother, and coupled with your story perfectly illustrates the beauty in diversity and the importance of embracing our differences."

faerie
Nefarious: "The attention to detail on this handmade dream catcher is really admirable! From the placement of the orchids to how Chief's fur was painted; I especially like the addition of the hanging star at the tip of the crescent moon. It's all well balanced and the colors are like candy for the eyes!

The origin of your inspiration really spoke to me. I recently visited my grandmother who's well into her late 90s and she spoke a lot about her husband and siblings, people long departed that I never got a chance to meet. It really leaves one wanting to learn more about the family tree and the culture they were apart of."

Firesquids
Mistreil: "🎵 You don't need to change, it's boring being the same~ You're pretty either way 💕 🎵

The detail on Stitches is absolutely stunning -- down to the seams on the side of his face and his paw pads! I find polymer clay to be a difficult medium, so I'm quite amazed at how well put together this is. The pride flag especially -- having such nicely connected pieces and holding its shape like that... It's so clean!

The staging of Stitches with the balloon animals and gummy bears also makes for a very cute scene on top of that!

Happy Pride Month! 🌈"

Suguri
Mick: "It's always nice to read a description where it's clear that the topic is really important to someone, and the inclusion of a dear friend's villager design is an idea that I think adds a lot of personal touch as well. That the design in question was also an entry to a previous edition of the Celebrating Diversity event is in my opinion the perfect detail to an already well thought out concept.

I appreciate how existing patterns were used but changed enough to turn the end result into recognisable Animal Crossing villagers, and especially like how the octopus is able to flip between Cephalobot and Marina. It's perfect! Please keep it away from me because I would fidget with it all day long."

Zane
LadyDestani: "You had me at mysterious lake spirit! I have a completely normal and healthy love for aquatic creatures and your portrayal of n’ha-a-itk is so cute and friendly looking that I immediately wanted to give it head pats.

More importantly, your piece intrigued me enough to research the n’ha-a-itk. In doing so, I learned more about its legend and a bit of your culture in the process. It was fascinating and I truly want to thank you for sharing a piece of yourself!

Also, inquiring minds need to know... Is Peewee's butt painted accurately? 👀"

Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's Celebrating Diversity event! Each of our participants will receive a Julian Villager collectible, and our six winners will also receive an additional Julian Plush collectible.

Finally, here's a reminder that our next event will be The Bell Tree Fair 2024 and it will kick off on July 27th 2024! This year the theme of the Fair is our 20th anniversary and we hope to see you there! 🎈

Congratulations winners!!! 🥳 All of your entries are stunning!!
Everyone who participated did an amazing job- looking through that thread was a treat for the eyes 🤩

PS. I totally have a healthy, normal amount of excitement for the fair. I’m totally not trying to time travel past the majority of July…

Big congrats to the winners.

I know this event really wasn't for me, after all my artistic skills really aren't up to (Dare I say) most of the TBT community out there, but I still appreciate that you at least acknowledge the people who just want to be different for four years in a row.

Looking forward to this year's TBT Fair, which I missed out on 2 years back. (The TBT Fair's 2022 theming wasn't really it for me, no hard feelings to those who did like it)

Really loved everyone's entries for this event! Honored to be featured among such beautiful art pieces, thank you so much for voting for my Stitches! 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Aniko, my sister and I struggle literally every day with ADHD, and your entry spoke to us both directly. What a clever way to represent ADHD and so beautifully well realized!

DaCoSim, a well earned win friend! You have such a great eye for design, and you absolutely nailed the execution on this one (as usual)!

fearie you are so talented, your art never disappoints! Your dream catcher is so beautifully crafted and well balanced.

Suguri you did an amazing job adapting those patterns into animal crossing! The reversible Cephalobot/ Marina fidget toy is so fun, I really want one now!

Zane I'm still so impressed how many figures you crafted and fully hand painted, the set together is so charming, great work!

Congrats winners! 🎉✨💗

The two that I found really memorable this year were Zane's entry (and learning about the lake spirit N’ha-a-itk), and Oak's charm bracelet (and learning what each charm meant to them)! There were so many beautiful entries. 💗 edit for bad grammar 😭

Last edited:
Oh thank you! 🧡 What a surprise! Glad I didn't give up, I really wanted to cry when it fell on the floor and lost most of his tentacles and items, the deadline was close too. Unlike my relatives I don't have the hyperactivity, impulsive part but I do also have hard time to focus on one task at time and forget what I was doing or to eat because I always get sidetracked, that's why they tease me, "one of us". I will definitely buy a stronger magnet and put it on the fridge with a to-do list, that we will all forget to check...😅

Congratulations to the winners, I'm so happy to see some of my favorites here, you are all so talented, @Firesquids and @Zane, you have all my admiration, working with clay is not easy, so many details, wow!

Last edited:
Congrats, everyone! I chose to sit this one out, but each entry that came in had me considering changing my mind; this year's Celebrating Diversity was the most creatively inspiring rendition yet! All of your creations were so creative and uniquely yours that it truly blew me away!

From the clay sculptures to the crocheted creations to the pop-up art to the bracelets to everything else in-between and beyond, each and every one of you represented yourselves so beautifully! My favourite part of this event is always getting to learn a little more about you all. It's an honour to celebrate and be a part of this beautiful community! 🩷

Congrats, winners! And good work, everyone who participated, we had so many amazing creations!

Both the Julian and Julian Plush collectibles have now been distributed. They'll simply appear in your inventory with no alert.

In case anyone was wondering, we announced during the previous event that we'll only change collectible dates when the collectibles are non-tradeable and earned from winning an event. These two collectibles are tradeable, so their dates/times will have to remain as they are with June 29th (EDT) dates.

Back