• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

"Controlling" where houses appear.

You can delete a non-mayor character without deleting the town. Otherwise what's written on the first post would never be possible?

Like I just said, I thought by tent he meant campsite since the campsite has a tent when a villager visits. :T Simple misunderstanding.

I thought by tent you meant campsite, that's all. Since the campsite also has a tent when villagers visit in. I know how the trick works, it's how I got Willow and Whitney.

Okay, I see. No problem

Love this, I just tried it and it worked! At first Cesar was going to move in directly behind my house. Pretty much the worst possible location & he's a gorilla to boot (not fond of them). So I tried this, and I'm getting Eugene now in a great spot! Yay!

FML. Little sister was playing and I forgot to tell her about the person moving in.

Now I have CHARLISE moving in where I wanted my 4th character to be. -_____________-"

Hmm i have a free spot due to Curt leaving today, so i'll try with my campsite tomorrow :3 and the next few days

I'm still a little confused on the exact timing of this once your town has reached 9 villagers D:

Broffina is moving out tomorrow July 4th, and I don't have a campsite yet (she plopped her house right where I wanted it to go <_<;). So, she should be packing on the 4th, and completely moved out by the 5th. When should I be worried about a potential plot showing up? Since she's the 9th villager, does that mean I have to wait until she's completely gone on the 5th before I need to check for new plots?

I just want to be sure since I still have two more villagers that I need to kick out, and I'd hate to miss the opportunity to avoid having yet another one plop their house in an unwanted area :(

I've just persuaded Rhonda to move to my town, from another
When her plot appears tomorrow, i should be able to keep creating a new character to get her plot in a good place, right?

I tried this myself now that I reset my game and got a town I like. I don't remember how many times I reset, maybe 10-15. But I'd say 80% of the time the fenced in area was in the same spot or near it. I got several different animals, Shari twice. I finally decided on Fuchsia, a deer, and her house is in a fine spot :)

I agree that this is time consuming but for some people (like Type A me) it's helpful in deciding where and what villager you get. I'll probably attempt it again when Fuschia has fully moved in. I think another plot will come once she has unpacked. I also got a fenced area every reset, probably because I only have 5 villagers.

Restarting my town! I have a plan! I'm going to look for a town with no normal villager. Then the next day I should see a plot with someone of the normal personality. I'm looking for Marina the octopus! So if I keep restarting with a second character w/o logging on as the Mayor, I have a chance to get her from the restarts?

Ok, I guess I didn't understand how this worked completely. I've been TT to catch up with current time (I started my game in the past so I could catch up). Every other day I start the game with a new character so I can pick the villager's spot etc. Today my 9th villager was supposed to move in but there was no plot. I reset again and no plot again. So I google about the 9th villager and other says they make take a long time to move in. So I figure I have no one coming today and load up my Mayor. What do I find!? A plot with a new animal moving in T_T I'm just relieved they didn't put their house in a horrible spot and at least its a Kangaroo.

I guess I should have saved as a new character :/

Edit: Read through the thread more and found this happened to some others, guess I should be more careful next time! Also, maybe Annalise will move out now that I will have two snooty villagers :D

Edit Edit: The next day (Mathilda is unpacking) Annalise says she's moving out! Yay :D

Last edited:
Velma moved out today, so I'm going to try this tomorrow morning. I hope I find something before school... I'll just wake up at 6:30AM!

I want a tenth villager. Using this trick is fine - only once you have someone who wants to move in! I keep going between 8-9 villagers. And, yes, I have made use of the campsite. .___.

*just needed to complain and doesn't think it warrants it's own thread given that there is no question - so thought this was the most appropriate place to complain, given that she frequently posts in here*

I want a tenth villager. Using this trick is fine - only once you have someone who wants to move in! I keep going between 8-9 villagers. And, yes, I have made use of the campsite. .___.

*just needed to complain and doesn't think it warrants it's own thread given that there is no question - so thought this was the most appropriate place to complain, given that she frequently posts in here*

You can use this trick to get campers too, just keep making new characters until you have a camper you like :)
there?s not always gonna be a camper it?s random, but if you keep doing it there will be one eventually,

I know the trick works with campers. I did that within a few days of this thread being made. :) The problem is just getting one. At the moment I don't give a damn who it is - I just want a tenth villager. x.x

I forgot to do my routine on Sunday and now Lobo has moved in :'( :(

At least his house is in a good spot

I forgot to do this with Diana moving in from campsite this morning. I was going to reset until she moved between Zell and Bruce, and instead she's picked the most secluded part of my town that never gets visited and crushed my only peach tree in the process.

Ohwell atleast now I have a reason to go to that corner tucked away behind plaza.

I forgot to do this with Diana moving in from campsite this morning. I was going to reset until she moved between Zell and Bruce, and instead she's picked the most secluded part of my town that never gets visited and crushed my only peach tree in the process.

Ohwell atleast now I have a reason to go to that corner tucked away behind plaza.

Do you want me to bring you peaches?

Also I used this to get Graham in a good spot. It took like an hour to get someone who wouldn't move in by my house.

I also tried it this morning and I couldn't find anyone so I attempted to start again but I accidentally logged onto my mayor and I think that ruined the trick working because I couldn't find anything afterwards and I noticed the gem rock and a weed kept appearing in the same place. Oh well. At least nobody moved in a bad spot.

Also by logging onto my main character and shutting off when Isabelle loads the town makes Resetti appear.

Back