• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia Cop 9er mafia thread

okay I have no idea why that sent early why I hit the letter q

actually I may have hit tab accidentally when reaching for q oops. it's cold here and my fingers are shaking.

but

...I had kinda been expecting some sort of Question so it might just be on me for holding your interactions to my unspoken standards I guess :s I dunno, I'm just winging this day one phase bc I really don't know what to do with it.

My weird, probably-too-early-to-start-world-building reaction was that the two of you weren't a wolfteam together because I can't see a wolf chat going like:
A: Hey I have an idea
B: What?
A: Imma vote you, then you come into the thread and ask a mechanical question, and then I'll answer it.
B: Great! let's make the mechanical question one that another player specifically mentioned being annoyed by, too.
A: Perfect!

Like it felt stilted, but kinda organically stilted. Stilted in a way that would have been weird to fake in advance I guess. That's why I wanted to see what droqen did with his push on Armadillo, since I already had a bit of a feel for you so I wanted to see what he did with some of his pushes to get a better feel for him.

That makes sense. I get it. I guess I should post more of my thoughts/reactions instead of keeping it all in my head. But I'm also pushing for reactions because I'm hoping to either a) get a very obvious reaction /lack of reaction that I can use to read someone, or b) I'm hoping better players can get something useful out of them that I would miss and then follow up on it.

From this side of things, I think I could be very good at stirring the pot, but very bad at figuring out what to do with what comes from the stirring.

That makes sense. I get it. I guess I should post more of my thoughts/reactions instead of keeping it all in my head. But I'm also pushing for reactions because I'm hoping to either a) get a very obvious reaction /lack of reaction that I can use to read someone, or b) I'm hoping better players can get something useful out of them that I would miss and then follow up on it.

From this side of things, I think I could be very good at stirring the pot, but very bad at figuring out what to do with what comes from the stirring.
I feel like I'm the opposite where I'm pretty good at getting weird gut feelings from tone and such but not so good about instigating conversations that actually generate read-worthy content.

My attitude is that as a townie I have nothing to hide so I might as well put it all out there. Do I want to be eliminated? No. But if it happens, then I don't want to feel like I held anything back because even if I die, I can still win if town pulls through. I hated myself for days after Prolonged Signups when I threw a tantrum under pressure instead of leaving legacy reads because I'd had ideas that town hadn't considered at that point and when I flipped cop, they may have taken some of those reads seriously. That's kinda been my strategy this game is to work with what I can and then leave all that work on the table.

I feel like I'm the opposite where I'm pretty good at getting weird gut feelings from tone and such but not so good about instigating conversations that actually generate read-worthy content.

My attitude is that as a townie I have nothing to hide so I might as well put it all out there. Do I want to be eliminated? No. But if it happens, then I don't want to feel like I held anything back because even if I die, I can still win if town pulls through. I hated myself for days after Prolonged Signups when I threw a tantrum under pressure instead of leaving legacy reads because I'd had ideas that town hadn't considered at that point and when I flipped cop, they may have taken some of those reads seriously. That's kinda been my strategy this game is to work with what I can and then leave all that work on the table.

I know it's not funny, but lol at flipping cop and not leaving a legacy. That would definitely be awful and have an impact on play styles. But you're right, it's important to get everything out there because it can only help. My fear- pointing in the wrong direction and messing things up. 😆

As its late here, I'm going to be off until morning. I'm hoping to see more overnight interactions/postings from the night owls when I get back on tomorrow. Especially as it'll be eod tomorrow, and there are some very quiet folks with not much to go on.

I know it's not funny, but lol at flipping cop and not leaving a legacy. That would definitely be awful and have an impact on play styles. But you're right, it's important to get everything out there because it can only help. My fear- pointing in the wrong direction and messing things up. 😆

As its late here, I'm going to be off until morning. I'm hoping to see more overnight interactions/postings from the night owls when I get back on tomorrow. Especially as it'll be eod tomorrow, and there are some very quiet folks with not much to go on.
Goodnight!

Yeah, I felt so dumb. 😖

Agreed there are definitely people we need to see more of so I'm excited to see what there'll be to read when I pop on tomorrow. I'm still around for a little bit yet but it is getting late so I can't promise I'll be in full brainpower mode for long.

I'll catch up here soon, I have had a solid 6 incidents at work so far tonight. Don't become alcoholics everyone, people will have to clean up your messes... literally.

I am liking Misty's tone during this day 1. Like droqen from last game, I agree with her points and reads on interactions (e.g droqen and Betsy) and how unlikely it is a wolf vs wolf interaction.

Btw, hello Ghost! Am I the only one who thinks I dont wanna sus Ghost because he is Blooming's brother.? lol But yes I do tend to yeet inactives Ghost just to let you know...just a heads up (and dont modkill me blooming!)

Now, Droqen came into the thread in timing with Betsy's vote and came across as sus, and his explanations seems reasonable. I do tend to navigate around the forum so sometimes I check it first before the thread but I always respond when I need to. I do agree that him coming with a question shows that he might have come into the thread without looking into the rest of the posts, which a town might just do because well they are town and if you are town d1, its like eh!

Betsy came into the stream ready to get a reaction testing on everyone,droqen and now Geoni which reminds me of Daniel game play last game. Betsy's moves seems less calculated than last time. If this is her way of getting content as town, then I must say do it. But I wouldn't help but sus Betsy since, well she is mafia last game. If she randed mafia twice, that's just yikes!

Geoni, I have to hear more about these alcoholics. We will see!

I do not have formed an opinion yet on Tessa except the early interaction and saying that they have finally randed town enthusiastically. (and I wont one of her raffle contests so yay!)
Post automatically merged:

As for Armadillo, again, same thing, don't be surprised if I might put a sus on because I am always sus of inactivity and among other things, I want inactive slots to be resolved right away.

Sheep Villager hasn't stood out to me yet. They gave wonderful insights on d1 no elimination and I do agree with their points but other than that I yet have to see more to get a definitive idea on my stance about them.

Last edited:
I might end up going person by person in this catch up, get some questions out of the way with each, have a tier before I go to bed. That way I can walk without it feeling like a burdensome wall because they just happen late night.

Let me get the easiest out of the way:

@Armadillo lover have you read the thread? Do you have any posts that stand out to you. One thing I remember last game you were in is that on day 1 you said you thought Ace was wolfy mostly out of a gut feeling. A very passing moment but I think since it turned out to be correct you should aim to do the same in this game. Your gut saying anything about anyone's overall content so far? Also how do you feel about the vote on you? You were more of a chatterbox last time around so I am hoping to see you match the enthusiasm at some point today.

@Ghost2008 Welcome to the game! I want to echo the question some body asked earlier: are you caught up yet? Also, what's your experience with mafia? Have you ever played it before or is this your first time with forum mafia or even mafia in general? If you feel like you can't catch up fast enough by EoD I at least want to ask you to make some reads on stuff from the current page or something. I assume you are someone with a normal schedule and might be in bed so I really won't have much time to interact with you at all until the very end of day and so far you're super rand to me.

@tessa.

YES, It finally is!! Hoping for a peaceful game where I don't have to burden any responsibility.
None taken! Though in my defense those were my first two games... I'm trying to get more experience now. Also I can't stop laughing about how descriptive you worded my violence😂

Busy morning for because I'll be at school, so don't expect me to be very active. I might be a little during lunch.

I didn't remember much from you yourself in spite of a long conversation about you with Misty and doing an ISO of you shows me you only have four post, two of which with anything I can find any meaning in.

So I ask you as well...are -you- caught up?

What do you make of a pretty quick surface level read from Miss? It's based on meta alone though to be fair it was very 'this could change' when she explained it. Speaking of which do you still feel okay about Tessa at this point in the day @Miss Misty because I see only a mildly mildly mildly good thought in that she said 'thank goodness I only have to be responsible for myself' which is a valid feeling about being town vs being on a wolf team but even that's fakeable enough like I feel I have next to nothing here with this slot. Promises were made. If you're too busy Tessa by EoD focus on reading, give a brief tier list, and attack/defend what you need to?

Misty droqen Betsy Bianca Sheep - I've seen the wheels turning the most from these 5 just gotta keep the momentum

If any of you in the game are lurking but don't know what to post tell me something random and dumb just to break apart my walls like what's the worst meal you have ever had

I'm starting to think 72 hour day phases aren't the worst idea on TBT yet again I have so little energy and lots to pull before EoD1

Last edited:
@Sheep Villager

I started a few posts into your ISO when you starting saying something that wasn't basically asking the host something or pinging people or whatever.

Shockingly I have no grand revelations after reading the thread since there's not much to read. The Tessa/Misty thing could be theatre just as well as it could be town given how shallow of an interaction it was. Not much to say on that, nor do I see too much point in dwelling on it rn.

RQS-
1. B. The purpose of pants is to cover your rear, not your legs.

2. Tastebuds can go. I'm far too lazy for wigs.

3. I'll take the jail as a change of scenery after recent events in my life. Plus they'll get tired of me eventually and kick me out.

4. Research indicates I do have a personality, yes.

5. Alfredo because getting caught with red substances on you during this game is sketchy.

It depends on what the host has set as a rule. I don't think anyone has asked about it yet so.

@b100ming Are roles are revealed on death?

I will say I think roles being revealed is more normal as far as I've seen.
I can only think of one exception recently on here and even then the flips would be announced - just a few days late.

Are you sure we shouldn't band together and rand out the host d1? It is B100m after all...

Touching on this briefly. There isn't much that can be done to avoid miseliminating the cop d1 if there isn't anything obviously wolf-y happening. The only 100% safe way is no elimination... and well. No elimination d1 isn't a particularly good idea as it gives us no further information re: wagons, flips and such. Basically it risks turning d2 in to well, d1 version 2.0. We'd also have the cop miselimination risk d2 as well at that point (if n1 mafia miss) & the cop can't exactly say they're the cop.

I bring this up in advance since the no elim talk d1 is -at least to me- exhausting and done to death and I want to speed past it if at all possible. I know your first game was the last one so I'm saying all this in advance in case you wind up thinking about the no elim path. If this was already talked about last game (or you already knew), sorry for being redundant!

Ma'am please it's very rude to revoke ones species like that, smh.

I was unaware the no-vote stuff was discussed last game so thanks for the info. I was pretty out of it for all the early events so I had no idea.

There also hasn't been a lot of LHF activity going around so I take it you just mean new players existing?

Hmm. Shouldn't you know this?

Quote 1: only thing I want to say is I can vibe with your overall thought on talking about the Tessa/Misty thing as...yeah...it was getting shallow at that point even though nothing else was happening. So I can vibe with the emotion I can see in this post that you wanna talk about something better like...an informational hunger. However...

Quotes 2 and 3 more mechanic questions so you didn't know where to get the ball rolling in spite of that hunger I got. Were you finding nothing you wanted to address from a tonal perspective yet either?

Quote 4 a lot of mechanic talk but I can sense a 'lets get this conversation out of the way like we always have to' frustration which I am cool with.

Quote 5 I feel I will touch on this when I get to Misty's ISO, the LHF points she made were the among most pingy moments in my own catch up, but yeah I dunno why we needed to care about LHFiness at that point either.

Quote 6: I mindmelded with this a lot, cause I gotta ask droqen a question about it when I get there and it's fairly related to this.

Overall I think there's more talking about/reading players to be desired I feel like the fact that you haven't yet but have been questioning things I would be questioning while showing some of those emotions demonstrates a fairly hard to fake town approach/mindset on an accumulative level? I made the mistake of having you as a townie in our first game together day 1 and couldn't find you at all until I compared interaction pairs but I will treat this game as a clean slate and forgoe unnecessary paranoia in spite of being fooled before. I think I know what to look for in that regard anyways. I will have to approach Betsy similarly because spoiler alert I feel like she is in a similar position in my tier to you from catching up.

An no I don't actually have a tier yet I am just saying that but another spoiler alert I do think sheep and Betsy could be light green along with maybe Bianca and Tessa being some mix of yellow and light green but w/e gonna get there when I get there. I need a lunch break I think.

Betsy Bianca Misty droqen

Speaking of which yes @BetsySundrop I am woofin! Woofin down this...frozen block of lean cuisine... cauliflower macaroni... it's the carbs y'all... 🤰

Where is my pregnant male emoji, Android? Was that just a joke meme after all?

Last edited:
Ok lemme see what I can crunch out in these few more minutes I can't wait to be off work this shift was one a congo line of stupid.

@BetsySundrop

I started a few posts in with your ISO though I am curious as to why you were wanting to know if it was flipless or not I will shelf it. And your brief hello to Ghost is omitted because it's just a niceness thing. Anyways

Oh I understand the difficulty w/ d1 decisions, and wasn't thinking of a no elimination. And yes, the pros/cons were covered pretty well last game, and there was only one person on the no elim side of things. I think even if it's a miselim, it's the only chance for town to strike mafia, so has to be done.
I was just wondering whether we'd know it if we accidentally eliminated the cop, as it could make it very difficult not knowing. Glad b100ming said yes on that.

You are correct. I'm the only one I know who plays this game irl so I'm stuck looking through online "how to" sites. The main problem is it seems to be all dependent on the host/ forum/ players. So can be frustrating.

My goals this game are to get plenty of communication going when I'm on, as I think it makes it more obvious when people try to slide by without any. Also, the more a person says, the more opportunity for error.

Also, as my first non-wolf game, I dunno what is good or bad strategy. But I do know that being called out into the spotlight as wolf was VERY uncomfortable. So I'm going to be RVing people just to poke and get reactions. Otherwise it seems like we just sit here and randomly guess, with no information.

##vote: Droqen

Because you're way too quiet after being very active last game as town....

Maybe just busy irl? Maybe not....

I think the consensus has been d1 vote is better as it's the only chance town has to strike mafia. Plus it gives info for d2. And if the cop dies, you don't have any advantage anyway. And cop cannot claim to avoid a miselim, because then they get night killed.

I was thinking the same at first- not much to respond to. Which is why I figured I'd (throw a dart) cast a vote.

Speaking of votes, and this is only so he doesn't feel neglected in any way, I'm gonna ##vote: geoni.

Hey geoni, you wolfin it?

It's all fun and games til the guillotine comes out...

So...you playing wolf or town this game?

Actually, in droqen's response (hours after my vote), he posed a direct question ("a quick q") about no elim/elim d1 and the cop involvement.

As it had already been covered, I summed up the consensus in a very brief answer.

I did not take an opportunity to 'push' anything, and I did not 'kinda talk' some more on it. It was a direct question, brief answer.

Lookin a bit wolfy there with that mischaracterization....

Right, I answered a direct question, which is very different from just kinda talking. That was odd to see because I believe I was very direct in answering a specific question. And when I see something that seems odd to me, I follow up on it.

As for the response itself as a whole from droqen, I filed it away in the "hmmmm..." category, which means I am not sure where to put it, null/sus/town, so will be waiting to see more ( looking for more rxns, postings, etc) to get a better picture.

Which is why I followed up on it. Anytime I see something that seems off to me, I'm gonna follow up/ question it. The response can only clarify things further, which I think is beneficial overall.

1) All good philosophy here, I will hold you to the push for as much information as possible thing. It's hard for me to play like that when I am often around when others aren't but if you see someone in the daytime not answering my questions or other people's questions the faster the better cause the next time I'll be on is end of day.

You more or less said your droqen vote here was dartboarding and I am more or less noting it was based on the quietness from droqen compared to the next game.

Honestly screw this 12345 thing, it's taking too long. I have some thoughts/questions on some of the things you said about eliminations in 2 but idk I think the conversation is not worth it but I guess I just have to say there's something in 2 I am not a fan of but it's just one moment so w/e.

I think #4 is a significant moment because it's bitey in a way I like...like you are in attack mode with how Misty is presenting other people's stances and it's very emotionally spontaneous like this is the stuff I should see if you had or lacked last game, tends to come from a townie ime.

I guess I have one more requirement to feel better about you and it's to see if you end up being IoA or not. IoA means information over analysis btw something wolves can slide by on. Determinations matter more. Don't see it yet. It's day 1 I know but still.

What do you feel about some of the people I have posted about before this post? Because I don't recall you talking about them much yet.

... wrapping up at work and didn't finish will ISO the last three at home but idk if ISOing is time efficient here

hello peoples what happening?

I'm panicking because I'm finding too many redeeming qualities in everyone and struggling to find a wolf I can feel confident.

Maybe it's you! I have no idea but pls catch up and give me something to work with here.

I'm panicking because I'm finding too many redeeming qualities in everyone and struggling to find a wolf I can feel confident.

Maybe it's you! I have no idea but pls catch up and give me something to work with here.
Lol 😂 ye nothing much

First game of mafia so help me out people’s plz

Honestly like...ya'll, for the sake of my own energy being depleted I'm going to just make a brief statement about each of the people I haven't ISO'd

Miss Misty: My biggest issue I had was the moment that someone pointed out earlier where Misty was like 'I don't want to yeet LHF' when honestly we've had a LHF wolf only one game ago and had I had more time day 1 I woulda maybe made that elimination happen. People who appear as LHF aren't immune to elimination just because they feel like easy targets if we're wrong. Because we're not always wrong. PoEing things and just...finding posts that feel really wolfy helped last time for me though. Anyways like I feel like Misty has put forth perhaps more effort than anyone else so far and as uneasy as I am by this statement and that they seem a bit like...leadery/controlling in a tonal way the times that they've sounded like that I think I agree with for the mooost part.

Droqen: Banking on the excuse that you need more content to work with before you really get into things is not how I remember you last game when I was still alive and interacting with you. Denied.

Bianca: Somehow mirrors her last day 1 veeeery closely, says she'd be fine yeeting someone with low activity and posts a readslist on every player in the game that I uh....still need to dissect. Will see how and if she progresses on those reads she currently has. Why didn't you have a read for me by the way Bianca my read felt the most basic it was like 'lets hear about that irl thing' that I would probably get in trouble for describing in detail. To put it simply I've dealt with a number of situations involving a variety fluids tonight. I'm so tired lol.

Honestly like...ya'll, for the sake of my own energy being depleted I'm going to just make a brief statement about each of the people I haven't ISO'd

Miss Misty: My biggest issue I had was the moment that someone pointed out earlier where Misty was like 'I don't want to yeet LHF' when honestly we've had a LHF wolf only one game ago and had I had more time day 1 I woulda maybe made that elimination happen. People who appear as LHF aren't immune to elimination just because they feel like easy targets if we're wrong. Because we're not always wrong. PoEing things and just...finding posts that feel really wolfy helped last time for me though. Anyways like I feel like Misty has put forth perhaps more effort than anyone else so far and as uneasy as I am by this statement and that they seem a bit like...leadery/controlling in a tonal way the times that they've sounded like that I think I agree with for the mooost part.

Droqen: Banking on the excuse that you need more content to work with before you really get into things is not how I remember you last game when I was still alive and interacting with you. Denied.

Bianca: Somehow mirrors her last day 1 veeeery closely, says she'd be fine yeeting someone with low activity and posts a readslist on every player in the game that I uh....still need to dissect. Will see how and if she progresses on those reads she currently has. Why didn't you have a read for me by the way Bianca my read felt the most basic it was like 'lets hear about that irl thing' that I would probably get in trouble for describing in detail. To put it simply I've dealt with a number of situations involving a variety fluids tonight. I'm so tired lol.
Ty got it

My best advice is to spend the time you got reading Ghost since you're a late arrival!

Sorry forgot to @droqen @Miss Misty @Biancasbotique though I didn't really ask you too much I'd like to spar a lil. At EoD though cause I'll be going to bed soon. Gonna try and get up at 2:00ish.

Wdym read me??

Wdym read me??
Newly mafia child does not understand

I a typo STUPID AUTOCORRECT omg I mean new to and it corrected to newly stupid stupid autocorrect 😡

Auto correct is garbage

hello peoples what happening?
Wdym read me??

Newly mafia child does not understand

I a typo STUPID AUTOCORRECT omg I mean new to and it corrected to newly stupid stupid autocorrect 😡

Auto correct is garbage

We all want to know what you think of...what's been said so far. And who you think is suspicious.

Geo's Crappy Tired Bedtime Poopy Tierlist

Feel fairly good about: Sheep Villager

Feel somewhat good about: Betsy, Bianca ...Betsy a little more than Bianca

Feel on the fence about but don't know if I wanna yeet today: Miss Misty

Consider them in yellow and worthy of a vote until they do something that convinces me they're trying to solve the game: Ghost, Tessa, Armadillo, Droqen

c7104893d3034aea173c91390860883fc3f41c99.gif

It's that time.

Last edited:
We all want to know what you think of...what's been said so far. And who you think is suspicious.

Consider them in yellow and worthy of a vote until they do something that convinces me they're trying to solve the game: Ghost, Tessa, Armadillo, Droqen

It's that time.
??

It's that time.
????

Oh i thought it didn’t come through srry

Last edited:
Morning everyone - I'm awake and ready to look at posts.
I see Ghost has arrived & is confused.

Is there anything in specific that is confusing you right now? I can try to answer while I do my morning rounds.

Back