• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Cosmic Canvas (Crews 3 & 4)

View attachment 503810

Upon gazing out into space if you are lucky you might happen upon the “Little Bunny” constellation. She is full of energy and delight and cheers each Moon Bunny on throughout the duration space camp. She isn’t actually a Moon Bunny herself, but that’s ok as she is considered an honorary Moon Bunny by everyone within the Moon Bunny crew.

View attachment 503811
I might be wrong, but I think the lines have to be straight and not curved like how you have in the bunny

I might be wrong, but I think the lines have to be straight and not curved like how you have in the bunny

That’s a good point I should have realized. Mods please let me know if it’s an issue and I can redraw my lines straight.

Edit: just saw the guide on lines in a spoiler I missed on the original post. I’ll contact Mick about it. My bad.

Last edited:
Hi! Unfortunately I cannot accept these two entries, as the main goal/challenge of this activity is to create a constellation by connecting the existing stars on the template, rather than adding your own. You are both welcome to submit a new entry in a new post!

Unfortunately the description of this entry is just a bit shorter than the required 50 words and the image is missing your name tag. Could you update your entry and either submit it in a new post or send them to me directly? Thanks!

All fixed now, thanks! ^^
Hi @Mick … I’m heartbroken that my LuLu Constellation entry wasn’t accepted … I didn’t realize I had to connect the star dots to create it … thank you for letting me resubmit … I had a lot of trouble with my tablet to see the photo’s clearly so I printed the pdf dotted one … I hope this is acceptable … please ignore the tear stains 😢🥹

Here is my resubmission:
IMG_9427.jpeg
IMG_0614.jpeg
I have spotted the exceedingly rare Frilled Blathers Constellation … It is not often viewed as it is of very faint luminosity. It is near Lacerta, the Lizard Constellation bordering the more familiar Andromeda constellation.
It is in the northern hemisphere and is actually one of the smallest to be seen in the night sky. It was a rare viewing from the Lopez observatory!!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It’s Bob after he hits the zaza (catnip for all legal purposes)
I wish this was real because if it was I would buy a telescope. The only thing that could get me interested in constipation’s (actually meant to say constellations but autocorrect decided for me)
4-BEA7648-6-C1-C-4-A74-9-EF4-4-DF76-E3-C9-A3-C.jpg
125-CCF69-0-CC4-4053-84-D1-A83-B6-D4984-FD.jpg

IMG_4723.png

Above the night sky of totoro island, i spy something, or someone farmilliar
looking through the telescope i thought i may of been dreaming, i thought to myself ’i must record this masterpeice at once‘
i needed to take a picture and share to prove what I've seen.
im in amaze! Who knew the night sky was a picture book!
IMG_4722.png

Last edited:
Heads up! We're about to pass by the Jirachi Constellation~!

your mum eats pot noodle (1).jpg

Similar to how Jirachi awakens; we only get to see this constellation for seven days every thousand years!!
But it is also believed that on a clear, star-filled night, the Jirachi Constellation can appear if sung by a voice of purity. So you, and your villagers better start practising!

Jirachi is said to grant any wish, so if there are any shooting stars while the constellation is in effect; our wishes are bound to come true!
It is believed that all the shooting stars come from the Jirachi Constellation, specifcally from the wish tags. There is also a myth that Wishy the Star (From Wild World/New Leaf) was from this Constellation, or even believed to be Jirachi itself!

your mum eats pot noodle (2).jpg

welp.png

Had to keep it, was pretty proud of what I've made, glad it looks a lil like Jirachi :D

4e5WrmH.png

The Happy Omelette constellation, featuring a mascot of the same name from famed restaurant Bistro Des Dizaines. They were best known for their variety of egg dishes, such as the Triple Upside Down Sunny Side Up, Angeled Eggs, and, of course, the Happy Omelette. Wait times for the restaurant were upwards of eight hours, and the head chef was bombarded daily with egg-related inquiries from the press. This constellation was created to honor the restaurant at its peak. Unfortunately, the public is no longer able to taste Bistro Des Dizaines' legendary yolks due to a tragic murder shutting down the establishment. The head chef became a prime suspect, now walking on eggshells with the law after reportedly stating that he "had un œuf" during questioning. This case has given the Happy Omelette constellation a new, ominous reputation, and citizens report feeling uneasy as it smiles over them at night.
Hi! This image in this entry is missing your name. Can you post an updated version in the thread or send one to me? Thanks!

View attachment 503940
Above the night sky of totoro island, i spy something, or someone farmilliar
looking through the telescope i thought i may of been dreaming, i needed
to take a picture and share to prove what I've seen.
im in amaze!

I'm sorry (again), this entry's description is just a bit short of the required 50 words, I should have spotted that the first time. Could you update the description or send a new one to me? I can then accept it. 👍

oops, i totally forgot! here is a version with my name:
uBvwvcn.png
fixed and accepted the old post!

Hi @Mick … I’m heartbroken that my LuLu Constellation entry wasn’t accepted … I didn’t realize I had to connect the star dots to create it … thank you for letting me resubmit … I had a lot of trouble with my tablet to see the photo’s clearly so I printed the pdf dotted one … I hope this is acceptable … please ignore the tear stains 😢🥹

Here is my resubmission:View attachment 503900View attachment 503901
I have spotted the exceedingly rare Frilled Blathers Constellation … It is not often viewed as it is of very faint luminosity. It is near Lacerta, the Lizard Constellation bordering the more familiar Andromeda constellation.
It is in the northern hemisphere and is actually one of the smallest to be seen in the night sky. It was a rare viewing from the Lopez observatory!!
also, sorry about the lulu constellation and the risk of dehydration by tears flowing, there was nothing else I could do 😔 I hope the observatory tokens can be a start to making up for it. 🙏

fixed and accepted the old post!

also, sorry about the lulu constellation and the risk of dehydration by tears flowing, there was nothing else I could do 😔 I hope the observatory tokens can be a start to making up for it. 🙏
Thank you so much 😊🤧 … eyes wiped and took some electrolytes so I’m all good for dehydration
Ty for the observatory tokens!! ❤️

StarMapTBT.png

Taking a glance outside the ship's observatory window, I see the Winnie Constellation. The Constellation came to be acknowledged after a space giraffe named Winnie assisted lost astronauts find water and fruit on a dry hot planet. Seeing this constellation is a good omen that the Spirit of Winnie is with us. We must be near the planet this legend took place on!

JH_CosmicCanvas.png

Behold, the slithering worm of the starry skies. The legend of the slithering worm goes back generations. Stories have changed quite a bit over the centuries, but one thing remains constant. Whenever this constellation is present in the night sky, expect tons of worms to infiltrate your driveway whenever it rains! Be careful not to run them over!

star5.png

The Flappy Wing constellation has long been a subject of debate. This elusive constellation is said to bring good luck, but many argue the opposite. They cite the historic event of 1993 AC, when a group of astronomers, anticipating good luck, miraculously re-discovered the Flappy Wing. As they admired the fluttering, supposedly prosperous set of stars, a harsh wind blew, taking with it several of the crew's personal belongings.
  • 5 hats: 2 baseball, 2 beanie, 1 beret, 1 pompom hat
  • a bag of fritos
  • 2 packs of gushers
They were never seen again, leaving the astronomers to continue the journey hat-less, and hungry.

Hi! This image in this entry is missing your name. Can you post an updated version in the thread or send one to me? Thanks!

I'm sorry (again), this entry's description is just a bit short of the required 50 words, I should have spotted that the first time. Could you update the description or send a new one to me? I can then accept it. 👍
Fixed the post, over 50 words now☺️

IMG_2652.jpeg

You look at the sky and see the Cinnamoroll constellation. An adorable character named after a tasty treat—making you wish a cinnamon roll might fall out of the night sky and into your hands. Contrary to some beliefs, Cinnamoroll is not a moon bunny (sadly) but a moon puppy. Nevertheless, no one can contest that he’s a good boy!

IMG_2652.jpeg

1691171612100.png

"La Constellation de l'Étoile"

La Constellation de L'Étoile (The Star Constellation) is a very old constellation known to the navigators to be misleading, its numerous stars and the position of the constellation in the sky confused more than one experienced navigator and led to countless of shipwrecks in the past. It's still one of the beautiful mysteries in the night sky that we can admire in August.​

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derpy Fish Constellation
Gather 'round, young fries, and heed the tale
of a blundering fish and his fanciful flail
so short were his fins, yet wide was his maw
swim straight he could not-- with extreme roll, pitch, and yaw

Spiraling in the water, mouth often agape
gathering sustenance while also daring to escape
his predators he confused, with his nonsensical motions
not once was he bitten across all earthly oceans

To the gods' delight, he lived long 'nough to be feared
in sailors' nets, they found him grotesque and weird
thrown back to the waves, from dusk to dawn
his mythos grew, igniting pubs in song

The trickster god found him, before the bear god could
and bid him swim night skies, not bake on plank wood
'tis better to mind him, and learn from his fate
swim wild, eat well, and your life we'll celebrate

I found this parable among the scrolls of the Ichthyologians. It describes one of their many fish-based constellations, the Derpy Fish constellation. I fail to see how a 24-star constellation would've been much use in navigation, but the story is great fun and brought a smile to my face.

View attachment 504103

"La Constellation de l'Étoile"

La Constellation de L'Étoile (The Star Constellation) is a very old constellation known to the navigators to be misleading, its numerous stars and the position of the constellation in the sky confused more than one experienced navigator and led to countless of shipwrecks in the past. It's still one of the beautiful mysteries in the night sky that we can admire in August.​
Hi! This constellation is fine but the image in this entry is missing your name. Can you post an updated version in the thread or send one to me? Thanks!

Back