Dark Veil 3

I land roughly on the floor. "Come on! You just attacked me randomly! I can't be expected to deal with that when we were just talking and in the middle of a training room where nothing should be attacking me!"
"When we fight Zeus," I put my boot on her head, but don't apply to much pressure. "He won't wait for you. So you have to learn the hard way, like I did." I kick her in the stomach and step back. "Now, get up."

Last edited:
"But that's different, I shouldn't have to think about being attacked in the middle of the training room!" I protest, scrambling to my feet and moving back away from Alex.

I give her a blank look then approach her. "Training room, shop, underworld, bathroom, park, alley way. It doesn't matter where, there is always danger looking for you. Now, I said, be ready." I get into a fighting stance and launch at her.

"Moving, always stay light on your feet, that's good." I quickly do a backwards kick and hit Willow in the stomach, but not to hard. "But you need to fight back too." I twist her arm into an arm lock.

I let her go and stand a little back from her with my arms at my sides. "Okay, come at me with all you've got. I will show you how to block."

I move my head to the side instantly and the punch flies past. I place a hand on her face and push her back lightly away from me and raise an eyebrow. "Is that is? When I was trained, if I didn't land the punch, I wouldn't be allowed to eat that night. Now, again, but with more power."

"Oh come on, I've always fought with weapons, you can't expect me to become an expert at punching in a single day!"
I try a second time, putting more force behind my fist this time.

I easily dodge again with out even moving from the spot. I grab her arm and flip her over onto the floor, moving away from her I stretch. "That punch was better, but still weak."

I go back into the training room to practice, when I see Alex and Willow fighting. I use a spell to remove the sound from their voices so I can concentrate.

"I'm gonna be sore all over after this..." I mutter to myself, getting back up. "Stop expecting me to be good at this!"
I throw a third punch, hoping it'll be better than the last two.

I put a hand out and catch the punch. "That's the best punch yet. Better than I was when I started out, I was so weak I couldn't hit a fly. But that got beaten out of me, so it's good that you've already got the strength, but you still have a long way to go if you want to fight Zeus." I twist her wrist and throw her off to the side.

Last edited:
I stumble slightly, trying to stay upright. "You can't train someone to be good enough in hand to hand combat to fight freaking Gods in such a short time!"

"I just want to make sure you are safe when you fight him." I say and throw a knife to her. "If you want to use a weapon, use this, I can still take you on without a weapon of my own."

I catch the knife, and try to get a good grip on the unfamiliar handle. Once I do, I launch myself forward towards Alex, holding the knife behind me until I get close.

Back